It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Line In The National Anthem I wished I Didn't Know About:

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: thinline

What a thin little excuse that is.

Look: patriotism and xenophobia are essentially the same attitude in different clothes. All national anthems are racist, even the ones that sound innocuous. People sing them while they march off to kill other races.

Or they wrote their own anthen because of independence
will, look at polish anthem. Is it racist?
edit on Thu, 29 Sep 2016 12:49:37 -0500America/Chicago374929America/Chicago9302016f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Where in the world today do people, on average, die at age 50? In your dreams?

Wow. That quote displays such a striking example of why your position here is based on little more than Kumbayah and emotional drivel and lacks any factual substance.

Angola, Nigeria, Somalia, the Ivory Coast, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Guinea... there's just a handful of the many countries on the African and South American continents with life expectancies around 50 years.

Remove your rose colored glasses. All cultures are not at equal points in development or in levels of "civilization."

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

a reply to: thinline

What a thin little excuse that is.

Look: patriotism and xenophobia are essentially the same attitude in different clothes. All national anthems are racist, even the ones that sound innocuous. People sing them while they march off to kill other races.

Like white Americans fighting white British? Makes sense.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah you have no fking idea why that Surma female defaced herself like her ancestors did, it was a way to make her less attractive to slave hunters and traders for sale , the problem is it stucked.
And do you know why some tribes bathed in urine and burn cow dung?? urine is ammonia a cleansing agent , burning cow dung is used to keep testi flies away that harmed cattle the main stay of their economy,but you bring up cattle poke with a way of life mostly unchanged with the exception of the Kalashnikov the preferred weapon of choice, yet you ignore urban African civilizations ancient or modern comparable to anywhere else in the world I wonder why.

And i much rather live a civilation that cought on to the idea useing soap rather than stinking of cow piss.

I dont care what there reasons are, they are still disgusting.

And slave hunters are long gone. So the self mulilation is even more retarded.

Keep your jungle "culture"

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What is sad to me is that the word "slave" used in The Star Spangled Banner has nothing at all to do with race but some people keep trying so hard to make it seem like it does.

But hey, anything to cause more division, right?

Just like the Confederate Flag after Dylan Roof's shooting spree, suddenly the Star Spangled Banner now hides racial undertones after some NFL d-bag claims oppression over it.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

You don't know how factual that is. It's just an opinion of someone from "the intercept" and you're willing to toss the song aside 200 years later because of it. Is it worth it to you?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah you have no fking idea why that Surma female defaced herself like her ancestors did, it was a way to make her less attractive to slave hunters and traders for sale , the problem is it stucked.
And do you know why some tribes bathed in urine and burn cow dung?? urine is ammonia a cleansing agent , burning cow dung is used to keep testi flies away that harmed cattle the main stay of their economy,but you bring up cattle poke with a way of life mostly unchanged with the exception of the Kalashnikov the preferred weapon of choice, yet you ignore urban African civilizations ancient or modern comparable to anywhere else in the world I wonder why.

And i much rather live a civilation that cought on to the idea useing soap rather than stinking of cow piss.

I dont care what there reasons are, they are still disgusting.

And slave hunters are long gone. So the self mulilation is even more retarded.

Keep your jungle "culture"

Well you choose low hanging fruit to attack then so be it, and I've never lived in a Jungle and I am almost certain that my most recent ancestors lived on a tropical island with an island culture to boot, plus most likely my more distant ancestors lived in the Savannah country or on the forest edge in Africa as most Africans never lived in a Jungle, and I know you don't care what the reasons are because you love to wallow in self imposed ignorance that kept u warm like a fart in a blanket on a cold winter's night but... U Do U Crazy..

edit on 29-9-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Obviously nobody took the time to teach you what a patriot is... Allow me.

Patriot - a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.
Anthem - a rousing or uplifting song identified with a particular group, body, or cause.
Nationalism - patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.

Nothing about any of that makes a person a racist. going by how you feel about patriotism and America's anthem, I'm going to assume you're not even from here because it's obvious that you don't know about patriots in America.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
why does the national anthem have to be played at all before a "game"?....the "games" of today (basketball, baseball, football, hockey, etc.) has everything to do with making money, and nothing to do with people's patriotism.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Deny Arrogance

White people hace been enlaved by other white people in ancient greek and rome as well as by arab and african muslims.

Oh, poor white people.

The word slave itself comes from the slavic people of europe who were victims of slavery for centuries.

Oh, poor white people.

Black people in america owned slaves.

Oh, not-so-poor black people.

At least we all know where you’re coming from.

Your interpretation speaks volumes.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There are 183 countries listed in the World Health Organisation's 2015 table of average life expectancies. Not a single country is shown to have a life expectancy of 50yr or under. Link
A similar list by the UN covers 201 countries, of which exactly three return figures of less than 50yr.

All cultures are not at equal points in development or in levels of "civilization."

I never said they were. Mahatma Gandhi was once asked by an American reporter what he thought of Western civilization. He replied that it would be a very good thing -- if it were ever achieved.

Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Like white Americans fighting white British?

Interesting how you think racism is only about skin colour. You're white American, I presume?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Some of us studied past high school, young fellow.

You're not even out of the sandbox.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Because national anthems are designed to make people aggressive and put them in a fighting mood. To wind them up and make the confrontation more intense.

It works on the playing field just as well as it works on the battlefield. The promoters of public sporting contests know this, and make use of it.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

And while we’re talking life expectancy statistics, here are a couple of interesting ones.

Average life expectancy, 2015: US whites, 79.12yr.
US African-Americans, 75.54.
Source

In the District of Columbia the average African-American lifesapan is 71.6 years. Slightly lower than the average lifespan in Bangladesh.

By the way, the USA comes in at #31 in the world life expectancy rankings. Not really that civilized, then?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Your interpretation speaks volumes.

Not really. It just indicates that I can identify racism when I see it. Of course, a racist would interpret my interpretation quite differently. But then, that’s what makes a racist a racist.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

CIA World Facebook disagrees with you and covers 224 countries. The WHO and UN use an odd "health advancement" modifier which adds a lot of time to the countries with the lowest life expectancy while having little impact on wealthier nations that modifier assumes more money will be shifted to the lowest nations, increasing the speed of their health system developments.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

There are 183 countries listed in the World Health Organisation's 2015 table of average life expectancies. Not a single country is shown to have a life expectancy of 50yr or under. Link
A similar list by the UN covers 201 countries, of which exactly three return figures of less than 50yr.

You ought to read your sources.
Siera leone is 50.1 years and most of the african nations are in the 55-60 mark.

id they were. Mahatma Gandhi was once asked by an American reporter what he thought of Western civilization. He replied that it would be a very good thing -- if it were ever achieved.

Good luck with that.

If you hate western civilisation so much why dont you go move to one of these more "enlightened" African nations?

Plenty of Aids, poverty and cow piss showers to go around

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

And while we’re talking life expectancy statistics, here are a couple of interesting ones.

Average life expectancy, 2015: US whites, 79.12yr.
US African-Americans, 75.54.
Source

In the District of Columbia the average African-American lifesapan is 71.6 years. Slightly lower than the average lifespan in Bangladesh.

By the way, the USA comes in at #31 in the world life expectancy rankings. Not really that civilized, then?

The highest life expectancy in sub Saharan africa is senegal at 66.7 years....

Now I am not a mathematician but last time I checked 79.12 was a bigger number than 66.7....

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Where in the world today do people, on average, die at age 50? In your dreams?

Sierra Leone apprently. ......

originally posted by: AstyanaxThen go and live in North Korea, where there isn't any crime at all.

Rather stay in the UK thank you.

But where some gun-toting neighbour who doesn't like your looks blows your face off. Where serial killers abduct, rape and murder your daughters. And where, in fact, militants are forever bombing shopping malls and shooting up fast-food outlets. Yes, nice and civilized.

1) i live in the UK so gun toting nut cases are a very rare occurrence.
2) even the USA the violent crime, though exists is still a fraction of most african nations.

I woukd rather walk down a street in Chicago than Johannesburg.

By the standards of which culture?

By the fact I use soap, # in a toliet and not my drinking water, dont visit witch doctors, have food in my belly and will likely live into my 80's.

edit on 30-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join