It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro Golfer, Arnold Palmer, Has Died at 87

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
For golf fans, he is a legend.

I remember my cousin, Jonathan, getting a golf lesson from him. That was the highlight of my cousin's life. As the only children in that side of the family, we were very close and he talked about Arnold Palmer a lot.

CBS Pittsburgh

Golf Digest Editor Joel Beall tweeted just before 8:30 p.m. that Palmer had died. Golf Digest’s official account followed soon after.

The Latrobe native is regarded as one of the greatest players in professional golf history

Twitter, Golf Digest
edit on 25-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Everyone pour out a half lemonade/half iced-tea for our dead homie.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

My son in law inhales those things by the pitcher full. Can't stand 'em myself.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Arnold Palmer smiles in every photo I've ever seen of him. He was even classy in those prescription medicine commercials.

Are any of the modern golfers anywhere close to being as humble, friendly and well-balanced as Arnold Palmer was? I quit following golf when Tiger Woods screwed up his life.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I'm not really a fan either, but I'll suck one back to appease the ghost of Arnold Palmer; who will otherwise haunt sand traps and Sears catalogues throughout North America.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Palmer was to golf, what Ali was to boxing.

A true legend.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Oh shoot,

Really like Palmer and his swing was very workman like, grip it and rip it..

Overall good guy as well from what I can gather...

If there is a place we go after death then I bet Palmer and Moe Norman are teeing off right now..

RIP

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I understand he replied to every piece of fan mail personally.... I hope Arnie is walking "Amen Corner" at Augusta National...
... under par, of course...
edit on 25-9-2016 by madmac5150 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I don't follow golf but of course I know of Arnold Palmer. I understand from the link that he had been undergoing heart tests. I suppose they didn't find the issue and be able to fix it quickly enough.

The fantastic hospital that helped me deliver my youngest daughter, successfully with no life long issues, was named for him.

I hope the family finds peace and comfort.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Have to stock them at work.
I always write "golf f&#+ tea" when making a list of what we need.
He played golf.
Golf isn't a sport.

George Carlin taught us that decades ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
For golf fans, he is a legend.

I remember my cousin, Jonathan, getting a golf lesson from him. That was the highlight of my cousin's life. As the only children in that side of the family, we were very close and he talked about Arnold Palmer a lot.

CBS Pittsburgh

Golf Digest Editor Joel Beall tweeted just before 8:30 p.m. that Palmer had died. Golf Digest’s official account followed soon after.

The Latrobe native is regarded as one of the greatest players in professional golf history

Twitter, Golf Digest

Awe man....that sucks. He was one of the greatest! I'll have to hit the local pub for a namesake drink in his honor tomorrow....with a bit of vodka of course.
edit on 9/25/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What a great golfer and a great man. The Arnie’s Army Charitable Foundation did so much for the health, well-being and development of children and youth. RIP Arnie!

I'm not much for sitting around and thinking about the past or talking about the past. What does that accomplish? If I can give young people something to think about, like the future, that's a better use of my time. Arnold Palmer Read more at: www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Palmer was to golf, what Ali was to boxing.

A true legend.

Absolutely.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I understand he replied to every piece of fan mail personally.... I hope Arnie is walking "Amen Corner" at Augusta National...
... under par, of course...

That is probably why my cousin got a golf lesson with him. It wasn't a contest, he didn;t buy it.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm so tempted to contrast Arnold's genuine warmth, and free autographs, against Hillary.. Maybe in couple of days.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Every golfer that has swung a club, at one time, imagined himself as Arnie on the 18th... at Augusta...

THAT is his impact on the sport. Even Tiger Woods imagined himself as Arnie, at the Masters...
edit on 25-9-2016 by madmac5150 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

If you walk it with your bag it's a sport.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I'm so tempted to contrast Arnold's genuine warmth, and free autographs, against Hillary.. Maybe in couple of days.

You had to do that ? really?

You ALREADY did it. In a thread about a dead golfer.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I hope he is up there playing a round with my Dad...they played together in a ProAm once, and it was a great moment for my Father who passed 10 years ago. What a great generation. They are missed.

Blessings and prayers to Arnie's family and friends.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173

I hope he is up there playing a round with my Dad...they played together in a ProAm once, and it was a great moment for my Father who passed 10 years ago. What a great generation. They are missed.

Blessings and prayers to Arnie's family and friends.

That is a lovley memory

top topics

<<   2 >>

join