It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Book About UFO Books

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: klassless

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
a reply to: DJW001
Well after 38 years of following UAP's
I'm well past being threatened.
More burned out by the relentless 'the sky isn't blue
and there is no such thing and a qualified
witness', same old arguments.
I'm a skeptic, not a debunker .
Debunkers are either paid or have a very
fragile close held belief system that doesnt
let them imagine a civilization a billion
years ahead, technologically, could send a probe or
visit because it's just too far.

Well, I'm a skeptic AND a debunker with a nice record under my belt. Nobody pays me, the reward is debunking successfully using logic, common sense and reason. You can imagine all you want it still doesn't put food on the table. Imagination is a mental process and it doesn't create UFOs and aliens. UFOs don't have to be imagined, just go outside and scan the sky for a while. You may see 'em. But don't hold your breath for the aliens 'cause they are either not here yet as their flight has been cancelled. Deal with evidence and you can't go wrong.

And I thought PROFESSIONAL debunkers were sad.

So UFOs are here, but aliens are not. Quite a delicate fabric you've woven for yourself.

So I'll bite, who's inside the flying saucers? George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic? A basket of deplorables? D.B. Cooper? Gordon Cooper?

Or are they filled with delicious pastries made of whipped-cream isotopes not found on Earth?

Please, tell us more nonsense. I'm playing a drinking game where every time you say something false about aliens, I take a sip of Oregon Pinot Noir. I'm on my third case.

edit on 6-10-2016 by billydebunker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: billydebunker

Only people who cling to their delusions are truly sad.

So UFOs are here, but aliens are not. Quite a delicate fabric you've woven for yourself.

On the contrary; he is seeing things clearly. Anything in the sky that cannot be identified is a UFO. They may or may not have anything to do with extraterrestrial life forms. "Aliens" are a concept that you carry in your mind. It is you who has woven a delicate fabric. You will never understand what you have experienced until you open your mind and let go of your prejudices.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Only people who cling to their delusions are truly sad.

On the contrary; he is seeing things clearly. Anything in the sky that cannot be identified is a UFO. They may or may not have anything to do with extraterrestrial life forms. "Aliens" are a concept that you carry in your mind. It is you who has woven a delicate fabric. You will never understand what you have experienced until you open your mind and let go of your prejudices.

(opening another bottle) Go on......
edit on 6-10-2016 by billydebunker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Perhaps if you put the bottle down you would see more clearly. There is nothing anyone can do to help someone who embraces their ignorance.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Perhaps if you put the bottle down you would see more clearly. There is nothing anyone can do to help someone who embraces their ignorance.

I was thinking that very same thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Remember, Tanka, calling someone stupid does not make you look smarter, it makes you look insecure.

not tanka...but close

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Certain organizations go a VERY long way to
make sure we know 'ALL UFO stories are fake.'
And all are done by hoaxers or misunderstood by the ignorant;
like Astronaut Gordon Cooper
SR-71 designer Kelly Johnson and
CIA director Roscoe Hillenkoeter
all obviously with nothing better to do.

Actually, there's serious investigations of everybody's stories that you might benefit from, by reading.

Just for basics-- why should anybody believe the tale of Cooper encountering a UFO while in orbit on Mercury-9 in May, 1963? How did you balance and resolve the conflicting claims about that story?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Certain organizations go a VERY long way to
make sure we know 'ALL UFO stories are fake.'
And all are done by hoaxers or misunderstood by the ignorant;
like Astronaut Gordon Cooper
SR-71 designer Kelly Johnson and
CIA director Roscoe Hillenkoeter
all obviously with nothing better to do.

Actually, there's serious investigations of everybody's stories that you might benefit from, by reading.

Just for basics-- why should anybody believe the tale of Cooper encountering a UFO while in orbit on Mercury-9 in May, 1963? How did you balance and resolve the conflicting claims about that story?

Easy questions, Jim! You can tell by the way UnderKingsPeak expresses himself that he carries a chip on his shoulder daring authorities to knock it off without realizing that his own ignorance put the chip on his shoulder. He has developed this attitude due to him not being educated thoroughly about the subjects and people he thinks are being discredited.

Astronauts are seem as total authorities because of their experiences and those that adulate them don't want to accept that some of their heroes are regular human beings that have specialized skills but they are susceptible to err in their thinking. You, Jim, have superior insight on some matters and you've provided valuable and factual information on Cooper's claims which must rattle some believers' conception of what they believe is true.

Those of us interested in UFOlogy who are a bit more knowledgeable than the Average Joe don't subscribe to distorted opinions such as: "Certain organizations go a VERY long way to make sure we know 'ALL UFO stories are fake.'" There is no evidence to back up that type of thinking, no such organizations, pure bs.

UnderKingsPeak needs to widen his horizons by learning about logic, common sense and reason and how to apply them. His comments indicate that he is not there yet.

You challenge him to think out of the box but UnderKingsPeak doesn't indicate that he has the wherewithal to benefit from your gentle prodding.

edit on 6-10-2016 by klassless because: To correct grammar.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

What makes you think they are different?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

What makes you think they are different?

They would have to be very good at keeping separate personalities and because they existed simultaneously here and one personality would get banned multiple times while the other didn't. that would require keeping their ip addresses separate for each personality. That and I have a special talent.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

On the other hand, billydebunker has shown no objection to being addressed as Tanka....

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

On the other hand, billydebunker has shown no objection to being addressed as Tanka....

Tanka? I could have sworn I read "Stinker"!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
So do you guys carpool to work? You guys are really terrible at this. I can do your job better than any of you.
But I do need to know, is there a good dental plan?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: billydebunker
So do you guys carpool to work? You guys are really terrible at this. I can do your job better than any of you.

And once again a thread has become all about you.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: billydebunker

And once again a thread has become all about you.

Yep, considering seven posts on this page are talking about me, including yours.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join