It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aahnuld 'not worthy' to be Austrian,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Peter Pilz, a top official with Austrian's Green Party says the California governor should be stripped of his Austrian citizenship because he did not grant clemency to death row inmate Donald Bearzlee.

Capital punishment is illegal here, and Schwarzenegger -- who holds dual U.S.-Austrian nationality -- should be stripped of his Austrian passport for "heavily damaging the reputation of the republic," Pilz said.

*snip*

He told Austrian media he sent the Interior Ministry a letter formally requesting that the government begin the process of terminating Schwarzenegger's citizenship.Pilz insists there are sufficient legal grounds to strip Schwarzenegger of that citizenship: specifically, a clause in Austria's nationality law stipulating that citizenship can be revoked if an Austrian "in the service of another country substantially damages the interests or reputation of the republic by his or her behavior."

Evidently this standard does not apply to all Austrians - the article mentions that not even Kurt Waldheim, the former Austrian president and U.N. secretary-general linked to Nazi war crimes, had his citizenship revoked. CNN

Should Arnold lose his Austrian citizenship because he supports the death penalty?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If Arnold wants to continue in U.S. politics I think he should renounce his dual citizenship with Austria.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

Should Arnold lose his Austrian citizenship because he supports the death penalty?

No, he shouldn´t.

This is blackmailing and an attempt to corrupt a politician

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
When someone changes the laws so that non-citizens can be President (Which I believe in the works for Aahnuld), I wonder how the law will change to allow those with dual citizenship?

I sincerely hope that the laws are never changed, but I think that unless the population wises up, Aahnuld will be running in 2012. Or perhaps as President of the North American Union. The thought of it makes me sick...

DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
While I don't like AS, I have to admit that this is just an absurd attack by a third party that's just trying to grab the headlines. What serious person is going to think that Arnold has damaged Austria enough to merit him losing his citizenship?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I like our governator. I voted for him and will do so again. He is EXACTLY the kind of candidate the GOP should be putting forth IMHO.

However, I do not think the Constitution shoul dbe ammended for so trivial a reason as to let him run for president.

This is just some politico pandering to his or her base. Sadly it seems the same type of cretin gravatates to the political ream be it the US or elsewhere

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
However, I do not think the Constitution shoul dbe ammended for so trivial a reason as to let him run for president.

This is a fine example of why we have such a provision in the Constitution. Although I doubt Arnold would be swayed by something like this, another person in future could.

new topics

top topics

join