It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lame Duck Prez. Does it Matter who Wins?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There has to be a constant here. We will assume that both the House and Senate stay Republican. I know, that could change but that would change the dynamic, one we can't use now. So Trump and Hills would have to deal with a GOP Congress.

Hillary? That's easy. Total gridlock of possible. Here's the catch.

Trump. He's actually an independent running on the Republican ticket. The support from the GOP hierarchy has gone from tepid to ignoring. Trump supports issues that Republicans don't. The frisk thing for example. Once this election is done, do you think he's going to get any more love from the GOP than Hills will?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
No, but I'd rather risk his SCOTUS appointees than hers.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hillary with Republican Congress = same as Obama

Hillary with Democrat Congress = same as Obama (2009 - 2010)

Trump with either = lots of proposed legislation from both sides and lots of "amending" before laws get signed that could lead into ineffective laws. Sound familiar?

The sour grapes crowds will scream louder and louder.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Trump. He's actually an independent running on the Republican ticket. The support from the GOP hierarchy has gone from tepid to ignoring. Trump supports issues that Republicans don't. The frisk thing for example. Once this election is done, do you think he's going to get any more love from the GOP than Hills will?

His more extreme views will not find friends in Congress, but if you look at his stated policy objectives, which are far more moderate than his rhetoric, I feel he will find fruitful ground. What I see is they are going from tepid to "I think we can work with him," which is reminiscent of Thatcher's take on Gorbachev.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
We could only hope for a lame duck. With these two they will have to think up a new term for a useless president.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Not to mention, nothing stops them from a bipartisan impeachment if he gets out of hand. Do you honestly think either party would try it on her ... the first female president? They wouldn't touch Obama and they could have.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
All Presidents have effectively been "lame ducks" . They just kneel down and kiss the feet of the special interest groups. And some , the UN (even worse)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Not to mention, nothing stops them from a bipartisan impeachment if he gets out of hand.

Even if he doesn't get out of hand. I've said it. No allies in Congress it would be easy and quick.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm regards to the gridlock issue and ineffective laws, I have said this a couple of times. 88℅ of Congress is up for reelection, and I think that it is good that people are mad at the government. The whole distraction tactic is preventing people from realizing that we can effectively replace almost 90℅ of Congress in one shot. We may not like the new candidate, but I think if we want some real change for the better we need to spread the word that almost all of Congress can be replaced in one election.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
President Obama has set a precedent of presidential edicts here-to-now unknown to the executive branch...this will continue in perpetuity regardless of who holds the highest office in the land...
The executive branch has veered towards monarchy as his increasingly wreckless use of directives has gotten out of control...

IMHO, If Hillary wins she will nominate President Obama as a supreme court justice where he will inevitably rise to Chief Justice...a position he would love as he could literally judge America ad infinitum...

Trump will NOT nominate Obama to the highest court and that alone is reason enough to vote for him..

-Chris

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
IMHO, If Hillary wins she will nominate President Obama as a supreme court justice where he will inevitably rise to Chief Justice...a position he would love as he could literally judge America ad infinitum...

Trump will NOT nominate Obama to the highest court and that alone is reason enough to vote for him..

-Chris

That's either a good joke or complete paranoia.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

No, I think it will be extremely tense. There is so much resentment on all sides that it really doesn't matter. Trump will be there for the great financial opportunities and throw bread crumbs to try to pacify the disgruntled. This country will continue to be run by global economics-we are only peons.

Until there is a great turnover, nothing will change.

It doesn't matter if Hills wins-there really is no difference between the Repubs or Dems.

It's all for show-the higher powers will continue to make those decisions-this so-called two party government only exists on the surface.

Just today-I saw a picture of Michelle Obama and George Bush hugging and showing emotion between the two. Just confirmed my already jaded impression that they are all one big phony group-underneath the political bs is a world we can't touch or even imagine. I believe nothing I read or hear anymore.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

If Trump wins and tries to EO on the level of Obama, you watch how fast Congress discovers the limits of EOs again that they conveniently forget for Obama.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

If Trump wins and tries to EO on the level of Obama, you watch how fast Congress discovers the limits of EOs again that they conveniently forget for Obama.

Actually if Obama doesn't sign another 45 in his last days, W has more.

en.wikipedia.org...

The math isn't wrong. Obama is up to 249.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

-Chris

That's either a good joke or complete paranoia.

Neither one it's Trump logic.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Actually if Obama doesn't sign another 45 in his last days, W has more.

en.wikipedia.org...

The math isn't wrong. Obama is up to 249.

I specifically did not use the term "orders" because President Obama is a lawyer who issues memorandums and edicts rather than orders...
As with everything democratic, his actions are ruled by optics rather than policy...
Spoiler Alert: they are carried out in an identical fashion:
www.usatoday.com...

-Chris
edit on 25-9-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It's not so much the number.

It's the impacts (negative or positive) on the majority of Citizens that counts.

It takes a keen eye to see who did the most damage.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes it does and many are poliblind.

Nice attempt at the spin though.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

Yep.

If you all want to hamstring a Clinton Presidency, electing a GOP majority into one or both houses of Congress would just about do it. It'd be dead before she was sworn in.

I think it would be the same for Trump. The GOP doesn't like him, and it's fairly obvious that the Dems don't either.

Gridlock. I really don't see anything else resulting from this years congressional elections. No way do the Dems get both houses, so she's handicapped from the get go. ...and Trump? He could have a two party mutiny on his hands within the first week. No way does he get his 100 days, nor does Clinton.

Course, I've been wrong before...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Yes it does and many are poliblind.

Nice attempt at the spin though.

Let me ask you a side question..

If the klu klux klan was threatening [African] Americans during the election and President Trump's attorney general halted the investigation would the general populace react??

Obamas justice department was/is a race baiting embarrasment...here is proof as they did not pursue this unequivocal case of voter intimidation...

Tell me your thoughts on not prosecuting this:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join