It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those of you who believe aliens exists...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
a reply to: chr0naut

Hay digger.

Question.

Do you not believe that the angels of God cannot disobey?

Bearing in mind nowhere in the bible says the devil is an angel but it does say the devil having his own angels.

Also yhe rebellion war has not begun yet. Thats in revalations which is prophesy to come.

Coomba98

Ps. Them aliens are demon docos are very interesting. Even if i dont believe it.

Angel is a rank of spiritual being, the devil (Satan) is a greater class above Angels, he was a formerly anointed cherub. That's why the Bible says "the devil and his angels" as you mentioned above.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Aliens may exist however what the religious call demons do not exist.The doctrine of demons are a religious extrapolation to fit a religious agenda(fear mongering) .The word demon in Greek is diabolo which means to cast through a channel.It does not mean an evil spiritual being or a fallen angel or a minion of the other mythic being Lucifer (which word is only used one time in all the scriptures and means… light bearing) or Satan or which simply means adversary.

Unfortunately religious fear mongering has mingled the two as if the creator God deemed it necessary to create more chaos and conflict than there already is.A demon is a mythical wraith that does not exist .There is not a “war between evil beings Satan,demons and mankind nor the creator God.The only war that is going on is between the ears of man in their religious mind.

If their are super powerful extraterrestrial alien beings that are subversively controlling defenseless humankind there is no hope nor is there a benevolent creator God.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

extradimensional demonic beings masquerading as aliens to deceive.

Why do "some" think they must be "demonic"?!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

Aliens may exist however what the religious call demons do not exist.The doctrine of demons are a religious extrapolation to fit a religious agenda(fear mongering) .The word demon in Greek is diabolo which means to cast through a channel.It does not mean an evil spiritual being or a fallen angel or a minion of the other mythic being Lucifer (which word is only used one time in all the scriptures and means… light bearing) or Satan or which simply means adversary.

Right!

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

According to that "some" we are the only sentient life in the universe...

Thus any other life must be angelic or demonic

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

le sigh.....

sigh

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think it also depends on what is considered a "demon". As in, the real animal/creature may share some characteristics of the legends, but not all of them. So at what point would it no longer be ok to call them "demons/angels"?

For example, I'm convinced that many of the Eastern Asian legends about serpent-like "dragons" were based on actual animals like the giant oarfish. So if we saw a giant oarfish, would it be accurate to say we saw a dragon? Or does it have to talk to us, fly, and use magic for us to consider it a dragon? I think it would depend on the culture since different cultures have different versions of dragons, including some stories where dragons have virtually no special powers.

The same goes for things like large primates, anacondas, and other animals with unique abilities or large sizes (like blue whales). The Chinese Unicorn could be based on what Americans would consider a normal deer or other horned mammal. The myths of Bigfoot and Sasquatch could be based on something like "Gigantopithecus", which was a 10ft tall relative of modern gorillas.

I'm just pointing out that different types of ETs could have similar characteristics as what some cultures consider demons, angels, youkai, or other supernatural creatures. They wouldn't have to fit the profile 100% in order to still be called by those labels. I mean, many people still call Native Americans "Indians" even though they have nothing to do with India. And Komodo Dragons aren't real dragons, just as pineapples aren't apples and tiger sharks have nothing to do with tigers.
edit on 26-9-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

These are the same people who berate science for not having all its theories neatly tied together, and not enough proof (for them) of some of them. But at the same time they expect us to take on faith that their religion is the one true one (tm)... yeah right.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well....lets look for a video showing an alien being flashed with a Cross and sprinkled with Holy Water....or lets see an Excorcisim performed on one...who knows huh?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

There is a history of the Earth, and its tribes. The history as told to us is not complete, as it leaves out many cultures that contributed to the whole.

There is a belief in ETs, but maybe some of them originated here on Earth, and live far beneath the seas.

There were cultures on Earth that were documented. Many of those contain references to "others" that were apart from the prevalent humanity that existed at that time. There have been a plethora of events described that depicted objects and creatures that were not human. I accept that, particularly since most of them were written at a time where humanity didn't understand the concept of a "conspiracy theorist".

Myself, I have no difficulty correlating visiting or existing "aliens" with documented human history. Same goes for correlating science with religion: I see both as using different terms to describe similar phenomena.

We see things. We write them down. We share things we see with other people. Look at Ezekiel in the Bible.

In my first year of college, I set out to read the Holy Bible and highlight verses that resonate to me as science. I soon found -- looking at the Bible in that context -- that there were far more verses highlighted than those that remained.

I think there have always been "others". I don't know from where -- or when -- they come.

Myself, I don't see a conflict between religious doctrine and contemporary writings. Different phrases for a different time.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
An interesting thread on exotheology.
en.wikipedia.org...

Of course most world religions are very vast, and probably don't have a monolithic teaching on it.

I recall a while back the Catholics actually said that aliens who don't descend from Adam, probably don't suffer from "original sin".
But it seems they'd be happy to baptize them anyway.
www.philipcarr-gomm.com...

In Hindu groups like ISKCON, aliens are virtually part of the teaching.
They believe in reincarnation and the transmigration of the spirit-soul from body to body, depending on the consciousness at the time of dying.
Accordingly the soul can go to higher or lower planets.
Also, in past ages journeys between planets were very easy.
In our current age of Kali-Yuga (the age of quarrel and hypocrisy) it is very difficult.
The aim of practices like Bhakti Yoga is not to go to higher planets, but to join Krishna (Godhead) in the spiritual sky or dimension after death.
The soul who attains this via pure devotion will never fall back.
Others can stay here in the material universes and enjoy sense gratification, but they must also face suffering, disease, old age and death as part of the package.
There is no end.
After the last cycle the first cycle begins again, and every soul incarnates according to their consciousness and karma.
It can carry on forever.

For more, please see: Alien Identities: Ancient Insights into the Modern UFO Phenomenon by Richard L. Thompson (Sadaputa Dasa): 1995.
www.goodreads.com...
edit on 5-10-2016 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm Christian, Baptist actually , from the southern US and I believe there is possibly aliens out there due to the simple fact of: I don't know if there is or isn't. The Bible doesn't say if there is or isn't, and nobody on this earth in human form knows if there is or isn't. Its hard for me to accept the fact that we are the only intelligent lifeform God has created throughout the cosmos, but then again, I will never know the full answer until I have left this human form and take my place in Heaven.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
This was brought up briefly in another topic, but it was never really looked at thoroughly.

A lot of us (including myself) believe that Aliens likely exist (or even that they most definitely do). However, I am curious as to how a religious person, who's religion may have stories of a heaven/hell or similar place, stories of and the concept of sins, stories of prophets, stories of god speaking directly to human beings, Humans being the 'ultimate creation', or Earth being a central focus of the universe, can simultaneously believe that aliens - particularly highly advanced ones - exist?

I don't quite understand how many religious ideologies have concepts like these could really coexist with the existence of alien life (be it insignificant or great).

So for those that are religious and also believe alien life is out there, may I ask how you've come to accept both?

This is obviously a question directed towards Christians, and not necessarily towards "religion" in general as usual. And really, I don't understand how any informed individual could come to this conclusion that the existence of aliens in of themselves would somehow contradict my belief in the Bible being the word of God. Are angels not aliens in the Bible? Where do you think they come from? Surely, you must know that they are not earth born right? It doesn't even state that they are from any particular planet, or from anywhere within the second heaven in fact, but from a place far beyond our existence of time space and matter Paul referred to as the third heaven. That makes them aliens by definition pal, and the fact that they are described as messengers of the creator of all that exist, also makes them highly advanced ones. They would know a hell of a lot more about the nature of life than we ever will. Hell, they saw God with their own eyes speak the heavens and the earth and all living things into existence. The problem some Christians may have isn't in the mere existence of aliens but in the absolute new age/atheist hog wash that's been attached to the idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join