It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Trump Scared of being Fact Checked???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We should get Trump to come here to debate with people. He seems a little conspiracy minded. I wouldn't want Hillary though, if anyone said anything rude to her she would send the secret service to shut us down.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah, but they both have conspiracy-mindsets. She's always going on about the vast-rightwing conspiracy although it's morphed into the alt-right in this iteration.

Both of them could do an Ask Me Anything stint.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: JoshuaCox

For the simple fact that Trump is not debating the moderator. He is debating Hilary Clinton. It's not a matter of fear, but of simple principle. The candidates have to "fact-check" each other, while the audience decides on their own accord, hopefully with reason, or it is not a debate.

Don't let the media set the terms of the debate, because that is exactly what they are trying to do.

They aren't actually debating each other though.

It is more of a large press conference, the moderator asks questions and the candidates answer the moderator. The candidates rarely talk directly to each other. Well...Trump will, because all he has is insults.

So the moderator should call them on lies when they are answering their questions.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Perhaps the name 'Candy Crowley' doesn't mean anything to you.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: TheSemiSkeptic

I think they want to avoid a repeat of the Obama/Romney debate incident. President Obama made a 'factual' statement that was wrong (the claim that President Obana called Benghazi a terrorist attack they day after, when in fact it took the President 14 days to call the attack a terrorist attack) When Candidate Romney corrected President Obama the debate (Candy I-forget-her-last-name from CNN) moderator spoke up and told Candidate Romney and the American people that President Obama was totally correct. The only problem was President Obama and the moderator were lying. Romney was correct and Obama was wrong.
They are saying that the moderator should only ask the questions and keep the debators with in thier time limit. The moderator should not fact check during the debate. If a candidate lies it will be revealed shortly after the debate.

In other words DO NOT INTERFERE WITH THE DEBATE SO THAT THE CANDIDATE THE MODERATOR IS BACKING WINS THE DEBATE!!!

I would say don't interfere and be wrong lol..

I posted a write up on the Crowley incident and it really wasn't cut and dry...

Obama did call it terrorism, just the day after Candy said it happened.

So really her AND Romney were wrong.

Really?

From what you just said, he did it after they said he did it, so Mitt was the only one correct.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
A good debater can convince you that rubbing human feces on your face is good for the complexion and eating babies is the morally just thing to do. Spinners piss me off.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Your voting for Trump so you say.Yet the majority of your threads say otherwise.IE:Your a shameless liar as areyour candidate and supporters .

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Because he and the truth are strangers???

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

How will the audience know who is lying???
His lips will be moving.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dbarnhart

Perhaps the name 'Candy Crowley' doesn't mean anything to you.

Read the first couple pages lol..

Candy should have corrected him, just was wrong (by a day, not 10 days as Romney said) about the event she said Obama said it.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

How will the audience know who is lying???
His lips will be moving.

I'm for real and think allowing EITHER canidate lie is crazy...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It is a debate it is not a news conference. It is up to the candidates to point out any non-facts or lies. Maybe none of you remember the 2012 debate that is being referenced about Obama. He bullied Mitt on stage and it showed him as weak even when he was correct like the Rose Garden. If the 'moderator' had not spoken it would have been up to Obama to make is statement correct or at least explain and he did not have too.

Trump is not 'scared' of a moderator. He is worried that the moderator, all who have donated to Hillary, will make it a 2 on 1 contest and not a 1 on 1 which is should be. There is a big difference between wanting it fair which is what he is calling for and what the Clinton camp is saying which does show fear.

www.politico.com...

“We’re really focused on this opportunity that Hillary has to speak directly to the voters on the issues,” Mook said in an interview Monday morning. “But we are concerned that Donald Trump may lie, he may throw misinformation out there, and that Hillary will have to spend all of her time trying to correct the record rather than talking about the things she wants to accomplish.” Asked what he expects the moderator to do, Mook said “all that we’re asking is that the record be checked.” Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

She has a website for her issues. Tonight is about taking on the other person running. It is up to you as citizens to fact check if you wish. It should be done because the 'lies' I hear that Donald told are such bs hit pieces many of you have repeated them so many times you think they are true.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So basically, because you think that only consistent winners make it you want to tear them down because you don't like the system. You do nothing about the system except attempt to exacerbate the very things about it that have created what you abhor.

Then what about all the scientists, celebrators, and all the liberal minded companies that have been successful and thus are praised???

Shouldn't all of Hollywood be voting GOP?!?!

None of that makes sense and is a bs talking point...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
It is a debate it is not a news conference. It is up to the candidates to point out any non-facts or lies. Maybe none of you remember the 2012 debate that is being referenced about Obama. He bullied Mitt on stage and it showed him as weak even when he was correct like the Rose Garden. If the 'moderator' had not spoken it would have been up to Obama to make is statement correct or at least explain and he did not have too.

Trump is not 'scared' of a moderator. He is worried that the moderator, all who have donated to Hillary, will make it a 2 on 1 contest and not a 1 on 1 which is should be. There is a big difference between wanting it fair which is what he is calling for and what the Clinton camp is saying which does show fear.

www.politico.com...

“We’re really focused on this opportunity that Hillary has to speak directly to the voters on the issues,” Mook said in an interview Monday morning. “But we are concerned that Donald Trump may lie, he may throw misinformation out there, and that Hillary will have to spend all of her time trying to correct the record rather than talking about the things she wants to accomplish.” Asked what he expects the moderator to do, Mook said “all that we’re asking is that the record be checked.” Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

She has a website for her issues. Tonight is about taking on the other person running. It is up to you as citizens to fact check if you wish. It should be done because the 'lies' I hear that Donald told are such bs hit pieces many of you have repeated them so many times you think they are true.

I think the hard core trump supporters are being short sighted in telling the media to let presidential canidates lie to the American people....

The precedence that sets is very dangerous..

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Because he's a politician.

Did you really not know that?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You can have any opinion you want. Using SNOPES and Politifact as you guides are not too smart either. Both, although the progressive left will disagree, are very biased.

What 'lie' are you worried about him telling? That she let 4 guys die in Benghazi? That she took millions from countries who kill gays and infidels. That she accomplished nothing in office?

The precedent of not allowing them to talk is very dangerous. You make it sound like they are taking a test and will be graded.

They will be asked a question and they can answer. If you think they lied it is you opinion. It is up to us as citizens to decide not a moderator.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

You can have any opinion you want. Using SNOPES and Politifact as you guides are not too smart either. Both, although the progressive left will disagree, are very biased.

What 'lie' are you worried about him telling? That she let 4 guys die in Benghazi? That she took millions from countries who kill gays and infidels. That she accomplished nothing in office?

The precedent of not allowing them to talk is very dangerous. You make it sound like they are taking a test and will be graded.

They will be asked a question and they can answer. If you think they lied it is you opinion. It is up to us as citizens to decide not a moderator.

Any site not died in the wool hard core conservative is concidered "the liberal media."

It's an impossible hurtle since conservatives don't really believe anyone....

It can't be that most people just disagree with conservatism, noooooo...

It's all a vast conspiracy where all the media, scientists , unions , teachers, universities are against conservatives and want to destroy America..

None of that qctually adds up..

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Actually it all adds up. The media has been controlled by progressives since the early 1900's. Woodrow Wilson and T Roosevelt did a number on this country and it is just now, about 100 years later, it is coming to fruition.

It is not about conspiracy but control. You have those who want big government, those who don't and then those who just want to work and live.

When I say Progressive left I mean the ones who have always been here not the SJW wannabes of the new millennium.
edit on 09pm30pmf0000002016-09-26T12:41:18-05:001218 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

In other words, what you are saying is this

"If anyone disagrees with me - or tells a truth that I don't like - I'm going to claim that its because they are liberal media"

Its a convenient way of justifying your own arguments.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

No, I am stating an opinion based on my own personal observations. If they are incorrect I am always open to someone showing me. I am also not justifying anything. I have read lots of books that show the way our country is today is based on decisions decades and centuries ago. History is fascinating.

Side note - There is a large Progressive movement in the US and it is currently defined as "The Left" but it includes those on 'The Right' also. There is no way that you can deny that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join