It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why is Trump Scared of being Fact Checked???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
First off I'm voting for trump.

But if either canidate BLANTANTLY lies, then why shouldn't the moderators call them on it?!?!

They keep saying "let the candidates fact check each other.."

Well what happens (and I guarentee it will) when both candidates say the other is lying?!?!

How will the audience know who is lying???

Now I'm not talking about subjective answers or topics that are not a known varified fact.

It really seems like Trump , who lets be real has pretty much lied and flip flopped constantly. Thinks he can't beat her if the debate is over facts or if he isn't allowed to lie.

That is how he beat Cruz, by putting out false info.

It just seems crazy that the right is literally openly argueing to let the candidates lie to the American people..

Thoughts??

edit on 25-9-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Fact checkers are not fair. Most are democrats who adjust the language of a statement to mean something the candidate did not mean when using standard colloquial terms.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hillarys lies makes trump look like a saint, seriously, if anyone was worried about fact checking it will be hillary, The Donalds lies are a little embarrassing, But hillary lies would put her and half the government in jail.
edit on 25-9-2016 by ColaTesla because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Change the narrative and flip flop in ....3.....2......1

But Shillary, but shillaryt ad infinitum...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Could you give some examples of Trump's lies?

Im voting for him too regardless.

The establishment wants Hillary too much and that's obviously reason enough to vote against her.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuckk

Fact checkers are not fair. Most are democrats who adjust the language of a statement to mean something the candidate did not mean when using standard colloquial terms.

Most people are democrats, lol.

Most scientists, teachers, college proffessors, doctors, exc, exc, exc

I specifically said not on the questionable topics..

But say Hillary Clinton says she never said "X". But any political junkie has seen her say that repeatedly. How is your layperson at home watching supposed to know she is lying??

If not it is just 2 people up there in a big he said, she said with no one knowing who is telling the truth.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The debates are between candidates, not moderators.

The "fact" checking comes later.

This latest "fact" checking thing is coming from the Clinton Campaign probably to get the "factual" heat off of Hillary.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 25-9-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Could you give some examples of Trump's lies?

Im voting for him too regardless.

The establishment wants Hillary too much and that's obviously reason enough to vote against her.

When has Trump not lied lol.

"The NFL sent me a letter"

"I have an AAA rating with the better business"

"I was always against the Iraq war"

"I wasn't the guy who called in pretending to be my publicist"

If I'm right like 48% of trumps claims are false. Lol

I'm voting for trump because of single payer, maternity leave, min wage hike, exc

All stuff the GOP will unite against to stop if it was a dem pushing it.

But Cruz taught the GOP what happens when you buck trump, lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
During the Obama-Romney debate on CNN the moderator interjected with a "fact check" which was untrue. This benefitted Obama. CNN apologised later but millions watched the debate and a lot less will have seen the apology.
edit on 25-9-2016 by Matrix76 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
Hillarys lies makes trump look like a saint, seriously, if anyone was worried about fact checking it will be hillary, The Donalds lies are a little embarrassing, But hillary lies would put her and half the government in jail.

Except it isn't the left making the argument that the moderators should let the canidates lie...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Why is Trump Scared of being Fact Checked???

Because liberals tend to bend the facts to suit their narrative...
For instance, the sky is orange for a small part of the day at sunrise/sunset...
So if trump were to say "the sky is blue" a democrat can produce evidence that the sky is actually orange...

And the parrots in the media would play a photo of the sky being orange 24/7 until they have cemented the narrative that republicans don't know what color the sky is..

See how the liberal mind works?

In short, water is wet and the sky is blue....and Liberals twist the truth...all inarguable facts

-Chris

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I see Trump isn't the only one who lies. Trump bitched about Lester Holt, the NBC anchor and debate moderator for being, "a democrat."

Holt is a registered Republican in NY.

After that Trump came up with another whopper and said the presidential debate moderators "are all Democrats. It's a very unfair system."

Only one, Chris Wallace of Fox News, is a registered Democrat.

Any other BS you'd like to share with us?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matrix76
During the Obama-Romney debate on CNN the moderator interjected with a "fact check" which was untrue. This benefitted Obama. CNN apologised later but millions watched the debate and a lot less will have seen the apology.

I'm not sure that fact check was wrong...
I remember the explosion of controversy.

Here I'll snopes it real quick.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

For the simple fact that Trump is not debating the moderator. He is debating Hilary Clinton. It's not a matter of fear, but of simple principle. The candidates have to "fact-check" each other, while the audience decides on their own accord, hopefully with reason, or it is not a debate.

Don't let the media set the terms of the debate, because that is exactly what they are trying to do.
edit on 25-9-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matrix76

Little of both after checking.

"

Mitt Romney's supporters are furious at CNN's Candy Crowley for fact-checking the GOP nominee on the fly in Tuesday's debate, telling him that he was wrong to say that President Obama hadn't referred to the deadly Sept. 11 assault on the U.S. Consulate as an act of "terror" until 14 days after it happened. Obama said he referred to the attack, which killed Libya Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, as an "act of terror" on Sept. 12 in a speech in the White House Rose Garden. Romney pounced, thinking he had caught Obama in a lie, and Crowley interjected, saying, "He did call it an act of terror." She added that Romney was right to say that the Obama administration took two weeks to abandon the suggestion that the attack was related to protests over an anti-Islam video, but the exchange clearly threw off Romney. (See the video below.) His supporters argue that Crowley disgraced herself, both by showing a pro-Obama bias and by mischaracterizing a statement in which Obama was referring to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks — not Benghazi. Was Crowley on the mark, or is this a case where the fact-checking doesn't stand up under fact-checking?

Crowley blew it: The CNN journalist was just plain wrong, says Jennifer Rubin at The Washington Post. Obama said during the speech that "no acts of terror" will shake our resolve, but he didn't mention Benghazi leading up to that statement. He was referring to "9/11/01 and other jihadist attacks." Obama was wrong, and Crowley "egregiously sided" with him instead of remaining impartial.
"Obama still wrong on Libya; Crowley blows it"

Huh? Romney messed up and Crowley caught him: Conservatives are upset because their guy got slammed, says James Poniewozik at TIME, but disputing Crowley's fact-check is a losing game. Obama directly spoke of the dead in Benghazi immediately after his line about "acts of terror." Romney got caught because there was a knowledgeable journalist there to keep him honest. Kudos to Crowley.
"Debate Watch: The fact-check heard round the world"

Obama did call it an act of terror, but not when Crowley said: Romney's supporters are right about one thing, says Josh Rogin at Foreign Policy. In the Rose Garden on Sept. 12, Obama really "did not explicitly refer to the Benghazi attack as an 'act of terror,' though he did use those words." He did, however, specifically call the Benghazi attack an "act of terror" on a campaign stop the very next day. Regardless, Romney's claim that Obama took 14 days to call Benghazi terrorism is wrong.
"Obama did call Benghazi attack an 'act of terror' — in Colorado"

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Most people are democrats, lol.

Most scientists, teachers, college proffessors, doctors, exc, exc, exc

I specifically said not on the questionable topics..

But say Hillary Clinton says she never said "X". But any political junkie has seen her say that repeatedly. How is your layperson at home watching supposed to know she is lying??

If not it is just 2 people up there in a big he said, she said with no one knowing who is telling the truth.

actually most people are independents or unaffiliated, both parties are hemorrhaging people at a rapid rate.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Why isn't Hillary doing the fact-checking? Isn't it her job to point out where she thinks Trump is inaccurate. All the moderator is supposed to do is ask questions and stop a person who runs over time, not "fact-check" for either side.

Besides, I always thought that was what factcheck.org and other sites were supposed to be for.
edit on 25-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Is this now a narrative in the US? That the moderators should be fact-checkers, or two-bit journalists, as if they were giving an interview on CNN?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

For the simple fact that Trump is not debating the moderator. He is debating Hilary Clinton. It's not a matter of fear, but of simple principle. The candidates have to "fact-check" each other, while the audience decides on their own accord, hopefully with reason, or it is not a debate.

Don't let the media set the terms of the debate.

I think there is an obvious difference when you are talking about a blantant lie.

I'm not talking about the questionable.

That is the most obvious way to lie and spread propaganda imagainable.... For either side.

Do you really want to allow liberals that ability?!?!

Because if Trump wins, Cloony will run next time.. Or Stewart. Or some other trained thespian/world class debater.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join