It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind Gusts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I just learned about how winds are created and what not but I'm confused as to how a wind gust occurs. Can anyone help me out?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't know how they're created, but its bitchin' out there, wouldn't you agree? Had to go out to show houses...we ended up cancelling after one! Truth be told...I needed coffee, or I would have cancelled them and not gone out at all. Gotta have coffee! Caffe Brasiliano rocks!

E_T

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by slink
I just learned about how winds are created and what not but I'm confused as to how a wind gust occurs. Can anyone help me out?
Do you mean gusts associated to thunderstorms or those in normal storms?
At least one reason would be that differences in terrain cause disturbances to airflow.

Here's one good site.
www.srh.noaa.gov...
(remember to check these
)

You might find some good links from these pages.
www.myrsky.com...
www.weathermatrix.net...

Or what do you think?
("Good weather is question of taste")

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think in most cases wind is caused by a temperature disparity between aptmospheric layers and around land formations. Cold air wants to sink, hot air wants to rise. The greater the temperature difference, the faster the wind. Heat is energy, and the transfer of it drives the motion of the breezes.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Don't forget differences in atmospheric pressures, high and low pressure cells cause most disturbances, pressure is always trying to equalize itself out.

top topics

join