It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football is awesome

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: YayMayorBee
Unlimited variables on a 2 dimensional platform. Every play starts from the same limited standpoint with movement restricted before each play. Soccer on the other hand is 3 dimnsional in terms of variables. Not to say I don't appreciate the strategy in American football, it's just it's strategy based on standardisation

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: YayMayorBee
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Money is a huge factor. Not only the players but the PR aspect. You can't have a player die on the field, it would obliterate market share. Furthermore, NFL athletes are literally gladiators. What other sports are there where you have guys who are 6'7" 250-350 pounds running into each other at 18mph?

I do agree it's not for the faint of heart with all the running/slamming into each other etc, thanks for your reply.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just wasted 10 minutes of my life watching Ind/Jax NFL game, boring as #...3 cigarette/chat with officials breaks in that short time.
Lame, tame, and lacking stamina compared to rugby...fat blokes jumping into each other then having a smoke break because it tired them out lol

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Just wasted 10 minutes of my life watching Ind/Jax NFL game, boring as #...3 cigarette/chat with officials breaks in that short time.
Lame, tame, and lacking stamina compared to rugby...fat blokes jumping into each other then having a smoke break because it tired them out lol

I've been watching it and was also bored, turned it over to F1 on channel 4.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

Hahaha!
Hahaha!
It is lame though all body armoured up and can't run more than 5 yards without taking a 5 minute break.
They used to play without thin plastic pads. Guess what? People died.People got put in comas.Permanent disabilities. People got paralyzed. So now we have pads and a helmet. Why does ice hockey have pads and a helmet?...Safety
Fat blokes with no stamina hiding under body armour because they can't take the impacts rugby players take for full 40 minute half's.
Why don't you see many RFU/RFL playing in the NFL?
NFL ain't awesome it's tame and lame lol

That is your opinion.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Nope you invented that.
I'm asserting that body armour,thin plastic pads smoke breaks every 2 minutesSetting up the next play. American football is a turn based game., and high body fat percentage is not found in rugby union.Your underestimating how athletic and fast NFL players are.
You invented the rest.

American football is a turn based game. Like chess, Final fantasy tactics,Bowling or poker.
Challenge:Strategy and counter-strategy.Legalism. Trickery. Mind games. Throwing into tight windows.The right balance between physicality and finesse.

Association football is free flowing and dynamic. Like "Tales of" RPGs,Warcraft,NASCAR,Formula 1,StarCraft,RTS
Challenge:On the fly decision making,creativity, misdirection, coordination.

Playing QB is VERY difficult. They are not just "standing around" or "having a break".
edit on 6-11-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

edit on 6-11-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added words

edit on 6-11-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added words

edit on 6-11-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: removed words

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: In4ormant

American football is not awesome , real football is.

Wrong! American football is far more entertaining than our football and I dislike both of them. I hate football but I hate Celtic more...

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Your new Jersey is showing

Mary as in Mary from Maryland?

Lol I haven't heard that term in years thanks for rekindling fond memories of my
Completely non PC grandfather cracking me up as a youth.. Picture Archie bunker...

~meathead

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join