It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football is awesome

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

Very true I was unlucky enough to have gone to a school where one of our teachers was Keith Fielding ex England Rugby superstar and my first Rugby lesson I awoke in an Ambulance (fair enough I ran into the post while doing a victory sign thinking I was going to score) a further 4 times I was carted off in an Ambulance due to school Rugby as suspected broken neck,2 concussions and a broken toe....Hated it but because "You are just like me Nugent little and fast!" Fielding used to say so I played as scrum half and sometimes as the Hooker.
Hated it never again I can't even watch it.
Oddly enough I just looked up my ex teacher and he gave up with stress in 2005..
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

I remember he won superstars also.

edit on 26-9-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Heres a couple of videos of Aussie rules hits , no helmets here boys . The first has some of the skills these men have , the second , just plain brutal .

As for Aussie rules v rugby . Before they got rid of spear tackles i would have said rugby was definitely more dangerous although not more brutal if that makes sense . Have a look NFL fans .

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
I don't blame the americans for what they have been fed (greatest nation, greatest sport, etc). But when it actually blinds them from seeing the obvious it is concerning. I put it down to lack of exposure as both rugby and AFL are clearly more dangerous.

edit on 26-9-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Did you mean AFL .

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom
Now that is how you celebrate. Lol. First P.E lesson for rugby my mate broke his collar bone and a friend of a friend who was the next up and coming rugby star ( had it all) was paralysed at 16 when a scrum collapsed. very dangerous with that much power and weight.

NFL stars couldn't scrum without trying to use their hands to palm off the opponents.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
That I did. Me scuzzie.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

That second video is good. Do love those knockouts with straight arms and head high with no movement. Some brutal hits. Seems they do it for fun. If only they focused more on winning the game than destroy ing a guys face. Lol.

And yet if they had helmets and pads it wouldn't even faze em.
edit on 26-9-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

The worst clashes quite often are head to head .
edit on 26-9-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Raiders !

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

youtu.be...
Yeah not phased at all sheesh like I said rugbys fun but just watch some hits in that vid please.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm a niners fan. (not a Krapernick fan though).

I'll see myself out.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I played high school football and D1 college rugby.

I got one concussion in football. In practice.

In rugby, in one single hit, I got a concussion, busted eardrum and my contact lens popped out of my right eye. I was literally walking in circles.

In football I rarely played. Pretty much never, and forever 3rd string on the bench.

But in Rugby, I got to play. And that's all that mattered to me.

Never played soccer.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xstokerx

Pretty much the same as the hits in the videos i posted except one thing . No padding . No helmet . Well thats two things .

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

That's the difference, body armour, helmets, and smoke breaks every 2 minutes to chat tactics.
No free flowing stamina intensive multi impact play.
I'd rather watch top level table tennis than NFL, boring as #.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
US Football is far too slow. I swear you get more action in competitive chess! If they could somehow speed it up it would actually be a decent sport (nowhere near as good as rugby though).

I will agree with the title though, football (soccer) is awesome.

edit on 27-9-2016 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thought American football was for girls??.. Only a joke :-)

I do have one good thing to say about American football, they do it in style at the Superbowl, ie,, staged big, fire works, hot dogs, beer, best of all sexy cheerleader's (yummy) lol...I'd go watch it in the stadium rather than tv cause it gets boring very fast.

Other than that it's not for me, adds every 5 or so minutes, no long play just short bursts then stop for a smoke and chat,, ok I'm no huge fan of rugby ether but least they play without breaks as often or wear pampered padding/armour and helmet's.

Real question(s), why do they have armour/helmet's etc?...Is it because of the "money factor" can't play if you're bust up? or just a thing form the beginning of NFL/college football?
edit on 27-9-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
American Football is an amazing sport and game. I personally love the complexity of the game and strategy. Every single play is dynamic based on the endless variables and scenarios at the given time in the game topped with the physical element.

Soccer (or, "foot" ball) is no different than herding cattle IMO.

I'm sure there are "tougher" or more violent sports out there but American football is just as much brain as brawn.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Money is a huge factor. Not only the players but the PR aspect. You can't have a player die on the field, it would obliterate market share. Furthermore, NFL athletes are literally gladiators. What other sports are there where you have guys who are 6'7" 250-350 pounds running into each other at 18mph?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: In4ormant

American football is lame compared to Rugby Union.
My son plays for our town, broken nose? Off the pitch for two minutes to stuff it full of petroleum jelly and stop the bleeding. Gum shields is all, and a full forty minutes of play each half not stopping every five minutes to chat about the game.

I'd love to see a fat American football player last ten minutes continuous play in a competitive rugby match...no stamina.
NFL is boring as # and the body armour is ridiculous...they are the 'sissy's' as someone posted...would run off crying if they were unprotected on a rugby pitch lol

I'm from the states, lived in England for a few years too, and have played both rugby and football (American) my whole life. Rugby players do brush off injury much more than American football players, but padding becomes weapons. It's no sissy sport because there is padding, trust me. Rugby takes much more endurance, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I have just discovered the LFL.

I can't actually believe this is a thing?!?!!

God bless you USA'ers God bless you all for inventing this.

But I would not play against them...I remember playing hockey against the girls at school, the aftermath in the boys changing rooms....I get a thousand yard stare thinking back to that day...
edit on 28-9-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join