It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football is awesome

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

i dont care if other members want to look it up. u can if you are interested. it is of no consequence.

Jarryd Hayne wow that was #ing arduous took me 1 second to look it up, theres one. Player of the year.
edit on 25-9-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The people in your previous link had a high body fat percentage and that is not an ideal to strive for.
NFL players run less than 5 minutes max before a break...no stamina, no matter how much you may wish that to be factually incorrect.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

The people in your previous link had a high body fat percentage and that is not an ideal to strive for.
NFL players run less than 5 minutes max before a break...no stamina, no matter how much you may wish that to be factually incorrect.

So let me get this straight ... the only people in your world who are entitled to call themselves athletes are going to run more than 5 minutes in their sport?

So Olympic gymnasts, Olympic throwers and jumpers and even sprinters like Usain Bolt, rowers, wrestlers, baseball and cricket players, rugby players (last time I watched a scrum more often than not creates a break in the action sooner than every 5 minutes), ice skaters and speed skaters, swimmers, etc., are NOT athletes because their particular so-called sports do not call on them to run for a solid 5 minutes in commission of their sport during a performance?

Also, are you at all familiar with any of the workout and conditioning regimens of any of the above, including football players, to say with any certainty that they NEVER have to run for more than 5 minutes during their practices?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

mma fighters only go 3-5 mins before a break no stamina right? usain bolt only runs couple 100 meters before a break no stamina right?
edit on 25-9-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Crap example for a star, never even represented Australia for rugby union, and he played rugby league which is as lame as NFL.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Who said anything about athletes?
You are projecting now, perhaps quote me and pick my particular comments apart?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

whatever dude

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yep NFL players have less stamina or ability to take knocks than the average Canadian national rugby player in my assessment of things.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

im gonna needs some sports science and links to back that up

enjoy ur rugby gonna watch some slow lazy fux get paaaaid!

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

That all you got?
Can't argue your case?
Come on, which 'stars' of rugby failed in the NFL?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

lol i dont watcxh#in rugby dont know the difference from 1 to the other or even 1 player. i just have qwhat i heard on the radio. what was portrayed as stars (but pweak asses to you) did not make it in the nfl.

i do not care

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Body armour and bubble wrap with a smoke break every five minutes says it all really lol

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Think what you like, but having been an athlete, I can tell you that what you see on the field isn't necessarily reflective of the workout regimen you don't see.

Do you know what I did? Three events: 100m hurdles, 400m hurdles, high jump. Not one of those meets your criteria for showing stamina. You know, running for 5 min. without taking a break. But behind the scenes in practice I was often required to run for longer periods of time practicing at speed over longer distances than my races would ever come close to covering. Then every other day, I was expected to go road running on my own time for distances covering upwards of 16 miles at times. I'm sure that more than meets your criteria.

All that for races that never even got all the way around the oval once! According to you, I was an unathletic slacker with no stamina because you would never have seen me run for longer than a minute at a time at most.

So unless you know for sure how and in what way football players are required to work out, you cannot dis their efforts based on what you see on field alone.

No one is calling soccer players unathletic. We do question the very European practice of pretending to be injured to get penalty cards. It's not how things are done over here in any sport, ever soccer.
edit on 25-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Oh dear you appear to be inventing arguments and projecting again.
As I said earlier quote me and pick my actual words apart.
edit on 25.9.2016 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Oh dear you appear to be inventing arguments and projecting again.
As I said earlier quote me and pick my actual words apart.

No you seem to be saying that football players can't possibly be athletes because you think they're fat and you never see them do something for more than 5 minutes at a time.

I'm telling you that's a false assumption.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Nope you invented that.
I'm asserting that body armour, smoke breaks every 2 minutes, and high body fat percentage is not found in rugby union.
You invented the rest.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: In4ormant

But at least it's played with the feet hence ... Football.
We have a game like American football over here called Rugby , but they don't need to wear padding.

That is because they don't get run into full speed, most of rugby is tackling from the side etc.....

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Yep NFL players have less stamina or ability to take knocks than the average Canadian national rugby player in my assessment of things.

Different game, way more intensity involved in the short plays of NFL or CFL.

Take knocks ?

Half of the team is walking around for a majority of the game just like soccer, and the knocks are usually nowhere near as hard as they will be in the padded sport.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

You've clearly never played rugby then.
Front on collision tackles are pretty common. No body armour either and no smoke breaks every 5 minutes lol.
Face it, American football is tame as a mouse compared to rugby union.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Nah, lane as # in comparison when you need the bubble wrap lol

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join