It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Should Troll Clinton At The Debates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Wait, what?

That's allegedly Bill's son???

According to what logic?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Actually to be quite honest I do kind of see a resemblance.

/stir

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Hscore

That is so not true. Where are you getting your information? You're making it up that's where.

The part about democrats not leaving their porches and taxpayer subsidies is simply derisive, biased garbage, but the part about adults working at McDonald's to feed their families is absolutely, 100% true. And they're rarely given more than 25-30 hours per week, which means no insurance or retirement benefits. No sick time or vacation time. Nothing. In this city, of four million, this is a harsh reality for a great number of people.

At $10.00 per hour, that's $250-300 per week. $1000-1200 per month...before any taxes. Average 2br apartment in the cheapest part of town runs about $850 per month. Utilities at minimum $100 per month. Average car payment is $300-400 per month...if your credit is decent. Auto coverage on a lien will probably run about $80 per month. Renters insurance (required) is around $30 per month. So, if a person is making $1200 per month before taxes, obviously they're already at a huge deficit.

So they get a second job, at Wendy's. But now they've got to have daycare because they're working round the clock. At minimum, that is $150 per week. So another $600 per month. That is not a typo. The person is literally working another 30hr/week job...to pay for child care. The marginal amount left over now has to go for cheap food and gas. There is nothing left over for leisure activities, or clothing, or school expenses, or anything.

The above scenario describes the lives of far more people than one in which no one works more than 40hrs per week, all the bills are paid, everyone has their basic needs fully met, there's good food on the table every night and a nice savings account tucked away just in case. That's what most hardworking Americans are out there busting their asses to strive for. Yet people who live in comfort take it for granted to the point of looking down upon those who don't. To say that is disheartening would be an understatement.

The OP is reaching to be clever, but the reality is that aside from all the juvenile behavior this election has engendered, there is a real issue here...one of the main reasons that people dread the idea of a Trump regime. If so much ignorance already abounds regarding the financial state of the people in this country, how much worse will it be with a President who openly mocks the less fortunate while ostensibly trying to secure a vote from those same people to get elected in the first place? He doesn't need Hillary to troll him...he does a fine job of that all by himself. And Hillary is not faring much better either, with all her bizarre behavior.

People are so focused on keeping score and getting in little digs and jabs. It's all that seems to matter in this election. And the ongoing, daily struggle of people all over the country simply to have a roof over their heads and food to give their children takes a back seat to all this contrived soap opera drama. It really is just a big, childish popularity contest.

And yes, there are people...from every political affiliation...who don't care to get out and work, who are content to collect benefits and live in subsidized housing on the taxpayers' dime. That other poster is partially right about that...although of course democrats were mentioned as an insult, which is utter bullsnip, but that's the spirit of the thread, so...

But even with the rampant abuse of welfare in some areas, the vast majority of people receiving assistance are doing so because they cannot survive otherwise. These people need to stop worrying about trolling each other and start talking about how they're going to best serve the interests of the people in this country, especially in light of all the whispers about the state of the global economy. But somehow, I have the feeling that I shouldn't hold my breath any time soon.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Personally, I think this is officially the most ironic heading to a thread I have ever read on ATS.

lol... trump should troll Hillary in a one on one debate... yeah no s#.

Whatever gave you the impression trump was intellectually capable of doing anything else but, in a debate against Hillary?

You've really taken pointing out the obvious to a new level there...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Looks like a mixed raced Mr.Bean to me.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Hscore

I'm new here...

No, you are not.

If you think people here aren't wise to your vocab and writing style about democrats beings "gays and poor people" or you think you're smart enough to elude us in your 30th account in 3 months you're not as smart as you'd hope to be.

^^^This

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Actually to be quite honest I do kind of see a resemblance.

/stir

Hahahaaaa I wasn't going to say anything...but I think you may be right.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

.... the part about adults working at McDonald's to feed their families is absolutely, 100% true. And they're rarely given more than 25-30 hours per week, which means no insurance or retirement benefits. No sick time or vacation time.

This is the kind of stuff people hear and then tune out the rest of what you have to say. You have to find a better argument.

If you can only score a gig at McDonalds, don't spit out a bunch of kids and then complain you are underpaid. Maybe you are just UNDER QUALIFIED, and lack PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

I don't disagree that a few bad apples spoil the bunch, but I think you are totally naive to just how many bad apples there are. We've got orchards worth of freeloaders.

edit on 25-9-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: Grammer Police

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Trump Should Troll Clinton At The Debates

That would be hilarious if Trump had any other options

:-)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well If you want to be ghetto about it Hilary could show up with Bill Maher, Rosie O'Donnell, and Black Lives Matter.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

If I could hand out applause, you would receive it for this post!

Well said. I know people in that situation and it is heartbreaking. I'm lucky to not be there myself, which is something I wish more people realized -- as well as they've laid their plans, they too may find themselves in trouble someday, and they may realize how far down one can fall, and how hard it is to pull themselves back up, if not impossible.

Wishing you the best,
AB
edit on 25-9-2016 by AboveBoard because: Phone fingers

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Holy crap.

Beyond rude. Beyond insulting. And apparently beyond the realm of your own experience.

Not everyone starts off a "single mom," they have husbands and things go wrong, then they are single moms with kids.

Go ahead and live in your fantasy world, though, be angry at those less fortunate and with lives more complicated than you can imagine.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I may stay up for the debate what time is it on? it's the 26th right?.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

9PM Eastern Daylight... that's 5-6 hours later than the UK.

link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

02:00am for us, mate.

Google;
British Summer Time is 5 hours ahead of Eastern Time
12:36 Sunday, Eastern Time (ET) is 17:36 Sunday, British Summer Time (BST)
edit on 25-9-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Time.

link   
Lol good one!

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Evallina

You about to ZikaMap us all???

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
He should troll Clinton at the debates because to do so would also troll the new religious orthodoxy, the very people who grab pitchforks at any heretic deemed not "presidential" because of his dialect and delivery. Any slight deviation from norms and mores would makes their heads explode.

edit on 25-9-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: jimmyx

Wait, what?

That's allegedly Bill's son???

According to what logic?

wuh???....did you read what I said?....it's a picture of 2 people, one holding up a photo of bill Clinton. it tells me nothing

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join