It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK blocks UN inquiry into Saudi war crimes in Yemen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

So the monster raving lunatic party then !

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Now...

I wonder if there is a political movement who would stop this dead in its tracks, this manipulation and warmongering, this dirty dealing, which would halt the sale of arms to nations using their military power for nefarious and uncareful purpose? Tell me, what British political movement, in existence today, which party leadership is most against all of this, do you think?

I smell a change in the wind coming.

unless murdoch has a change of heart, the press is gonna continue to call labour a non opposition, explaining that comrade corbyn wants to rename scotland siberia and place his gulags there, while ignoring every policy the tories push in through the back door that fails.
it worked against red ed.

besides, without an armed to the teeth middle east, wouldn't the trident argument collapse?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The British Government / Establishment probably don't want any scrutiny of their actions as it could pose some embarrassing questions about who is making the money! It's almost always about the money with these scumbags!

I also remember seeing reports some time ago that the British Government has advisors helping the Saudis out with targeting information and target selection. A pretty poor show really considering the huge number of civilian targets hit, but that's all fine and dandy really and certainly nothing for the ICC to be concerned about. Britannia Waives The Rules!

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

The Netherlands had hoped to gather support for its proposal that the UN Human Rights Council (HRC) in Geneva establish an inquiry to look into war crimes and civilian deaths in Yemen, The Guardian reported.

The proposal, submitted Friday by Slovakia on behalf of the EU, was replaced by a much weaker call for the UN body to dispatch a mission “to monitor and report on the situation” after the UK refused to give its backing.

Human Rights Watch and other rights groups protested the UK’s stance, accusing it of protecting its arms deals with the Saudi regime.
Source

The thread linked below was on the topic of Saudi Arabia's war crimes in Yemen.

One in three Saudi air raids on Yemen hit civilian sites, data shows

What do the supposed "good guys" (the U.S. and the UK) on the world stage do about Saudi Arabia's war crimes in Yemen?

In the case of the U.S., a few Senators speak out, there's some political theater, and the United States promptly makes a $1.15 billion arms transfer to Saudi Arabia. The article at the top of this post tells you what the UK is doing. All of this supports the worldview that Jordan Maxwell has been trying to convey for years. The world system is a business with no ethics or morals, and it's not much else.

“Why has Saudi Arabia been largely immune from direct public criticism from political leaders simply because they are a few degrees separated from the terrorists who are often inspired by the ideology their money helps to spread?” Murphy said at the time. “There’s growing evidence that our support for Saudi-led military campaigns in places like Yemen are prolonging humanitarian misery and aiding extremism.”

“There’s an American imprint on every civilian life lost in Yemen,” Murphy told CNN in August. “Because, though the Saudis are actually dropping the bombs from their planes, they couldn’t do it without the United States.”
Senator Chris Murphy: US support for Saudi Arabia 'can't be unconditional'

Par for the course.

Eventually, if one studies international affairs and history thoroughly, one comes to the realization that none of the wars the West engages in are to fight for the freedom of ourselves nor the countries in question. It's all for geo-political hegemony. Neither is our choice of allies based on freedom, democracy, nor human rights. Our choice is purely based on their willingness to go with the global hegemony plan. If you are a democratically elected leader yet decide to fight the powers that be, you have a very good chance of being removed or regime changed, with a non-democratic despot installed that is friendly to the West. If you are a dictator yet are willing to shill for the West, then you will be an ally, until you are in the way of the game plan.

This, is everything.
edit on 25-9-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Par for the course.

Eventually, if one studies international affairs and history thoroughly, one comes to the realization that none of the wars the West engages in are to fight for the freedom of ourselves nor the countries in question. It's all for geo-political hegemony. Neither is our choice of allies based on freedom, democracy, nor human rights. Our choice is purely based on their willingness to go with the global hegemony plan. If you are a democratically elected leader yet decide to fight the powers that be, you have a very good chance of being removed or regime changed, with a non-democratic despot installed that is friendly to the West. If you are a dictator yet are willing to shill for the West, then you will be an ally, until you are in the way of the game plan.

This, is everything.

Your reply is genius as far as I'm concerned. Concise, easy to understand, perfectly accurate...and I'm the first person to give you a star. That's par for the course on ATS too often.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: intrptr

Its the big piece of the puzzle you need to fix in all this terrorist/wars in the ME to make sense of it all .

Whats that, that Israel is involved, too?

Really? (smirks)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the compliment my friend. I appreciate that. ATS Is strange sometimes. It seems that some old timers have a following, and they get a ton of stars for reasonable comments (or not), but then if someone else makes a reasonable or intelligent post, there may be no recognition nor response. It can be a bit cliquey on here.

So, what do you think about the op?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join