It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: 9 Shot On Illinois University Campus...Shooter Still On The Loose

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I see that it happened within a block of the campus bar and in an alley. I may be wrong, but my first guess would be that some idiots got into a drunken argument, decided to go out and have a fight in the alley, and one or more pulled a gun when they got there.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree...The mass shooting stamp is misleading, still relevant though .
edit on 25-9-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
We need more guns. Bigger. Bigger capacity. Bigger laws allowing everyone to pack whatever they can carry. It has worked so well so far. Look at the ME, such a happy, healthy, secure people with all those guns. I am not being sarcastic. I am giving up and into the violent nature we have become.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

edit on 25-9-2016 by Perfect stranger because: never mind

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

edit on 25-9-2016 by Perfect stranger because: bah

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfect stranger

Your link is not the same as OP, so...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfect stranger
a reply to: shawmanfromny

doesn't anybody read? the story is from 2008

edition.cnn.com...

February 14, 2008 -- Updated 0403 GMT (1203 HKT

Well I'll be a Monkey's Uncle. Thanks Bloke.

ETA Hang on isn't this a different story?

edit on 25-9-2016 by Now2016 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Yup them evil guns!! They just corrupt the hearts of so many loving men! Sooooo naive a reply to: scubagravy

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I don't know, but in Kansas, they were given the chance to concealed carry on campuses in 2013. I must be missing all the mass shooting stories taking place on the campuses in the state ... KU, KSU, Emporia, Ft. Hays, Wichita State (a good one because the neighborhood around it BAD) ...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Now2016

originally posted by: Perfect stranger
a reply to: shawmanfromny

doesn't anybody read? the story is from 2008

edition.cnn.com...

February 14, 2008 -- Updated 0403 GMT (1203 HKT

Well I'll be a Monkey's Uncle. Thanks Bloke.

ETA Hang on isn't this a different story?

Yes, they're two different stories.

They've also now saying that the number injured in this incident is 5 rather than 9.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

So, what defense stance should women in a beauty shop take against gunmen? I mean, how do you have the trigger in one hand, and trying to do hair in another? Should we just stop going anywhere, would one weapon per person be enough? What about bombs and drones, and oh my. Should I buy some for my defense arsenal?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Jesus, can we give the fuc**in anti gun stuff a rest? 9 kids just got shot and that's all you have?

You know, as long as we're at it..... The gun free zones are working really well, don't ya think? Those signs really stop those bad guys, huh?
edit on 25-9-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Considering that I have seen people open carrying around where I live and I have yet to go into any place of business where the workers are working with one hand while carrying with their fingers on the trigger with other (bad gun etiquette btw), I think your ridiculous hyperbole is ridiculous.

But here's your answer ... there are wonderful places like Chicago with very, very tight restrictions on who can and can't own guns where you will, I am sure, be perfectly safe from random people owning them.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Does anyone else find it odd that we now have 3 seemingly random mass shootings across the US in the past few days leading up to the first Presidential debate tomorrow?

My heart definitely goes out to the victims and I hate to go political, but I smell something fishy here. Especially when you have a candidate harping on gun control. No better way to gain vote then through fear.

Flame me all you want, this crap IMO has false flags written ALL over it.

Yeah because real life is a movie with a nice consecutive clean story line so anytime you have overlapping events it's a Mulder scenario.

If there were never mass shootings and all of the sudden you had these 3 maybe the false flag approach works..the truth is though you basically have mass shootings every weekend in Chicago along with multiple mass shootings over the year..

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Well, If you don't join in on "every american owing a gun", we are willing targets don't you think. Americans are dying all over the place.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Well, If you don't join in on "every american owing a gun", we are willing targets don't you think. Americans are dying all over the place.

No I don't think that at all.

And Americans aren't dying all over the place. Sadly, most Americans are dying in certain neighborhoods, and if you live in a city long enough, you learn very well which ones those are. Odds are very good that if you avoid those places, you aren't in danger of "dying all over the place."

Strangely, if you remove several of our largest cities from our gun stats, suddenly our deaths to gun rates drop to match plenty of other first world countries.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

And how has those strict gun laws worked out? Every gang banger in Chicago has a gun, but up until 3 years ago, it was illegal for residents to carry. You can not imagine the time, money and hoops I jumped through, to get a concealed carry permit in this state.
When will people get it through their heads..Criminals don't obey the law. Seriously, how does that not make sense to you? You can make all the laws you want, make the punishment as harsh as you want and criminals will Still Have Guns. They have chosen a life style where the rules don't apply to them, so why the HELL do anti gun people think making it illegal-er to own a gun or shoot someone, will make one damn bit of difference to them? Crazy people do crazy things and words on a piece of paper is not going to stop them.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: MOMof3

No I don't think that at all.

And Americans aren't dying all over the place. Sadly, most Americans are dying in certain neighborhoods, and if you live in a city long enough, you learn very well which ones those are. Odds are very good that if you avoid those places, you aren't in danger of "dying all over the place."

Strangely, if you remove several of our largest cities from our gun stats, suddenly our deaths to gun rates drop to match plenty of other first world countries.

This is true and I might add that almost all of those big cities with high incidence of shootings are run by Democrats. Chicago, Baltimore, Philly, Cleveland. etc.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
normally the gun debaters wait until the aftermath or all facts are out.... pg 1 became a gun debate not the state of the traumatized or a bit of concern.

anything on the perp? i dont have twitter

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I agree. How big should I build my defense arsenal and should I start covering my body? I'm off on this subject. I am sick with all this dying. My brother is in dying right now from a violent act. See ya later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join