It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: 8 People Shot in East Baltimore, including 3-year-old

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
8 people shot in Baltimore.

Police say 3 people were shooters.

No deaths reported yet.

Why is this not breaking headlines on MSM ?

Police: 8 People Shot in East Baltimore, including 3-year-old

Baltimore Police say multiple people have been shot in east Baltimore, including a young girl. The shooting happened around 9 p.m. Saturday night at Greenmount Avenue and East Preston Street, near Greenmount Cemetary.

Baltimore police say 8 people have shot and taken to local hospitals. One of those shot is reported to be a father and his 3-year-old daughter. Police say all injuries are non-life threatening.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I would guess it isn't making headlines because it's Baltimore. These things happen, it isn't the best area.

At least, that is my reaction as a local ... or lack of reaction, anyway.

Editing again because I just thought I'd mention that you can take a look on google maps at the street view of that area. Boarded up and abandoned buildings, a few rundown businesses. It's not a good part of the city, really.
edit on 24-9-2016 by JustAnObservation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
They announced it on Fox News.

Not sure about any other network.
edit on 24-9-2016 by ReAdY2AsCeNd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Where's BLM? Just kidding, not fitting the narrative!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Fox reported it, not sure about any others yet. And I would sincerely hope there are no deaths, since your quote states that all of the injuries are not life-threatening. That might be why it's not catching fire...it's not really news anymore if someone doesn't die. Sad. You'd think they'd want to report that everyone made it out alive, instead.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

It's breaking everywhere now, Drudge has it, so does MSN. In fact, MSN.com is currently showing a breaking news banner saying at least one person is in custody. The article states 3 shooters, I don't see anything about the other 2 yet.

On a personal note: I just want to hide in my house. This is happening on a daily basis now.

Edit: MSN has removed the banner saying a suspect is in custody, making me wonder if he ever was.
edit on 9/24/16 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This type of thing has went from stereotype to cliche.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnObservation

I would guess it isn't making headlines because it's Baltimore. These things happen, it isn't the best area.

At least, that is my reaction as a local ... or lack of reaction, anyway.

Editing again because I just thought I'd mention that you can take a look on google maps at the street view of that area. Boarded up and abandoned buildings, a few rundown businesses. It's not a good part of the city, really.

That sounds about right, it is B-more as in B-more careful or as some others say Bodymore. Bodies get dropped all the time in Bird City. Hell it is a perennial contender for most annual murders in the US. Major port for bringing in heroin among other things. Fiends from more rural areas of MD will drive into the city to score their dope because it's pretty much an open air drug market. Just drive down the right street and you will be approached and asked what your looking for.
edit on 24-9-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Sounds like a big argument, or a low-caliber shootout, since none of the injuries are life-threatening. Nine people were shot in Chicago a few days ago and not a one of them was killed.

Our ABC Chicago news just mentioned the Baltimore shootings as Breaking News. It got 15 seconds and then the announcer moved on to other stories.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Sounds like a big argument, or a low-caliber shootout, since none of the injuries are life-threatening. Nine people were shot in Chicago a few days ago and not a one of them was killed.

Our ABC Chicago news just mentioned the Baltimore shootings as Breaking News. It got 15 seconds and then the announcer moved on to other stories.

While Chicago's murder rate is about half of what it used to be, it is still out of control. I can't figure out if it is because thugs were just better shots back in the day OR if trauma centers are just that much better that people are surviving more often.

A lot of these gang bangers couldn't hit the side of a barn. They really do think you can shoot a gun holding it sideways.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Why is this not breaking headlines on MSM ?

Because it's common place and a bit boring. Yet another mass shooting in America is hardly news anymore.

What would be an interesting bit of news is the absence of such violence. As would a strong political will to address the race problems, the police and (God forbid) the culture of gun violence.
edit on 25/9/2016 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Because black people shooting each other is not politically expedient to the left wing liberal media.

Just like when cops shoot unarmed white people or a legal gun carrier stops a crime.

edit on 25-9-2016 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Because it's Baltimore. This isn't shocking news much in the same way that it wouldn't be for Chicago, Oakland, etc either. To be blunt and illustrate my point, take my own apathetic personal reaction -- "Meh. It's Baltimore." The reputation precedes them.

new topics

top topics

join