It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CMPD Releases Video Of Fatal Shooting Of Keith Lamont Scott

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
That does not look like a justified shooting by the police.

The man got out of the car, was walking backwards away from the officers with his hands at his side. He made no sudden movements, and someone just executed him.

Someone should be charged for this.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Anyone know the angle of the shots fired. Where was the cop standing? It's hard to tell which direction they came from.
One of the officers seems to disappear for a moment in front of the white truck. May not be relevant, but wasn't sure which one actually shot him. Looks like the 2 cops at white truck may have been in the line of fire.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Edumakated

Looks like cops were vindicated.

Not to me. Looks like they just murdered a man in cold blood.

Go to the 50 second mark...
[yvid]
[/yvid]

All I see is him getting out of the car and walking backwards. It almost looks like he has the gun brandished in a down position like he is about to raise up but I cannot tell. It is clear the firearm was unholstered.

The problem with all these cases is that we can argue till the cows come home if the cops should have waited one more second or not before deciding to shoot. In some cases, if they wait maybe the guy doesn't get shot and the situation is diffused. In other cases, if they wait a cop winds up wounded or dead. There are plenty of examples of both scenarios.

Any death is tragic, but at the of the day, IMHO, Mr. Scott brought it on himself. He was illegally possessing firearm. He didn't comply with the police. He wound up dead as a result.

Maybe if the cops didn't approach him in the manner they did he would have complied more quickly? We don't know and will never know. I can see how four or five cops jumping down on someone can cause a WTF moment of confusion. Maybe police need to reassess this part of their procedures. These are legitimate discussions to be had.

However, I think it is a stretch like is was in all the other cases that have been brought forth only to fizzle out once facts come out that this is a case of some racist conspiracy to hunt down black men by police.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Of course, that statement is written •after• he was shot. I doubt seriously the plates were run in the moment. Cuz, you know, they were busy serving a warrant on someone else.

Hey, anyone know if they got that person?

The officers actually LEFT the scene first to put on police gear before engaging Mr. Scott so they would be easily identifiable as police as they were initially under cover. They also called for uniform back up. They had plenty of time to run plates.

You guys can get digging a hole, but at some point you need to stop if you want to get out of it.

The ENTIRE premise of the encounter was a lie. SJWs jumped to conclusions off a BS facebook post from the family. First, Mr. Scott just had a book and was unarmed. The cops were undercover (They weren't when arresting Mr. SCott). At some point, BLM and others just have to admit they are wrong and apologize to the city of Charlotte and taxpayers.

How many of these cases must be shown to be false. This is getting embarrassing.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

This is getting embarrassng.

Unless it's your loved one that's dead.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

This is getting embarrassng.

Unless it's your loved one that's dead.

What is embarrassing is telling the world your love one had a book causing riots in a major city when in fact he had a gun.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

All I see is him getting out of the car and walking backwards. It almost looks like he has the gun brandished in a down position like he is about to raise up but I cannot tell. It is clear the firearm was unholstered.

That's your imagination and the power of suggested thoughts. It's not at all clear that he was holding anything, let alone a gun.

Maybe if the cops didn't approach him in the manner they did he would have complied more quickly?

They were informed by his wife that he had a brain injury, and they knew he was stoned on pot! F#ing cops were so self important, hyped on adrenaline, so jumpy and impatient that they couldn't see the man's humanity, his confusion, and they just executed him in cold blood because of their stupid rhythm!

edit on 24-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

This single incident didn't cause the protests.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Why would you think that the SUV would be registered in Keith's name, and not his wife's? You're assuming an awful lot.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Why would you think that the SUV would be registered in Keith's name, and not his wife's? You're assuming an awful lot.

Fair point. I don't know. They did have time to run plates though so if the car was registered under Mr. Scott, they would have known about his criminal record.

As I stated earlier, it didn't matter if Mr. Scott was a hardened criminal or a choir boy. He was in possession of a firearm and drawn on by the police. He was non-compliant which is what led to his death. PERIOD. It would not have mattered if he had a CCW.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Is it odd or not that the Wife calls him by his last name, not Keith his first? I just thought it odd

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Well, that's the "official" story, but I'm just not buying it. At this point, if the cops told me that Keith Scott had 2 arms and 2 legs I atill wouldn't trust them.

The shooting was NOT justified. The officers didn't render aid, they flipped him over and cuffed him. He was shot in stomach, and they were going to stop the bleeding from his back?

Then, one of the officers asks someone to go get his "bag", for gloves, to use to put pressure on the wound, which seemed forced for the camera and an easy set up to get that drop gun on the scene, because they couldn't find a gun on Scott!

Less than a min later, on the wife's video, he tosses 2 gloves at different times in front of guy in red. Guy in red reaches down picks up glove and what looks like shoves it in waistband of his pants. No gun visible at his left foot at this time. Within a few secs the magic gun appears near his left foot. You see him kick it slightly and put it next to his foot.

This incident just keeps getting stinkier and stinkier!

edit on 24-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Then, one of the officers asks someone to go get his "bag", for gloves, to use to put pressure on the wound, which seemed forced for the camera and an easy set up to get that drop gun on the scene, because they couldn't find a gun on Scott!

he actually says "someone get my bag with equipment" and after another cop asks "where is it" he says "in the back of my truck" He then goes on to say "get some gloves we need to hold the wound".

Hope the equipment in his bag wasn't a holster and handgun for the other officer to wipe the blood of his hands with

edit on 24-9-2016 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

This single incident didn't cause the protests.

As in most instances, yrs of built up frustration.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Hearing the wife say, "Keith, don't do it!" more than once was enough to convince me! Nice to see the footage backs that up. Yet again, rioting over a criminal. Will they bus them back now, to wherever they came from, or continue?

link   
I couldn't see a gun in the guys hand at any point in the videos. I did see a guy get out of a vehicle with his hands down walking backwards until he was shot. At one point I couldn't see his left hand (maybe he was left handed with a gun and it raised up before the shots).

edit on 24-9-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

same. The wifes video gave me the impression it was justified but the police vids has now made me cast doubt.

Also noticed the picture of the holster has what looks like dried blood in it? Was he holding a holstered gun? the holster in one hand and gun in other or an unholster gun and holster in the same hand?? or maybe its not blood??
edit on 25-9-2016 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2016 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

he actually says "someone get my bag with equipment" and after another cop asks "where is it" he says "in the back of my truck" He then goes on to say "get some gloves we need to hold the wound".

...And then they leave him face down and groaning.

Also, why are they all running around and yelling "Handcuffs!" "Handcuffs!" "Handcuffs!"? It sounded like insider "code".
edit on 25-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Hearing the wife say, "Keith, don't do it!

She was talking to both parties. "Don't you shoot him!" "Don't you do it!" "Don't do it!", at the same time she was trying to get her husband's attention and coax him out of the car. "Keith, Keith, Keith" "C'mon outta the car!" "Don't make them break the window!"

And then again to the police, "He doesn't have a gun!"
"Keith!"
"Don't do it!"
"Keith!"

She was always telling the police "Don't shoot him!" "Don't you do it!" "Don't do it!" was to always for the police.

Then it was "He better not be dead!" She's a bossy lady!
edit on 25-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Tell you what it is very interesting seeing how people translate what they see and hear....

from where i sit i also hear it similarly to you...she was talking to both parties and was certainly telling the police not to do it...she knew his life was in danger as would anyone who has been awake for the last 10 years watching events unfold...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join