It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CMPD Releases Video Of Fatal Shooting Of Keith Lamont Scott

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I'll agree he didn't look threatening. But I have hindsight and wasn't there screaming "DROP THE FU***** GUN" with adrenaline pumping through me. We don't have the best angles but yes it looks like maybe the cops made a mistake. But he had a gun, and I doubt Red shirt shot. I shoot, I'm stronger than most and I promise you'll see recoil with me and it doesn't look like that.
edit on 24-9-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

While correct, we're all humans including police. We've seen the quick clip hundreds of times. Fact is we weren't there and don't know the full duration of this. And when someone doesn't follow orders and are armed, that usually escalates tensions. While not right, and the situation is sad, I'll hear all sides out.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: imsoconfused

The shooter was in plain cloths and unmarked car. They were serving a warrant and observed Keith smoking a joint. They didn't see that as a priority until a gun was seen. They asked for backup who also brought police marked vests so that is why the shooter did not have a camera.

More videos may be released based on progress of the investigation.

So they killed a guy over an effing joint?

No. They killed the guy over an effing gun, because he refused to effing put it the ef down when they effing ordered him to. They didn't care about the effing joint.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

the willams woman is lying through her teeth. first she says,when asked about the black officer was "no mam it was not a black officer that shot him", it was a white officer that killed him he was bald headed".
then she says the black officer came on the scence 10...10 15 minuters later".

have you seen the body cam footage, the black officer was there from the get go, and there was no bald headed officer every last white officer had hair on his head. and the black officer was not doing the cpr, the one of the white officer was. then later he came and helped after he put on gloves.

"then she says "he got out of the car with a book" then she was asked if she saw the book she says," i saw the book, i can't tell you what the name of the book was, but it was a black cover". then she was asked if he got out and was holding it, then she says, " no it was in his lap"he got out his hands was up".

now if you watch the body came footage or the dash cam, his hands were never up, if the book was in his lap when he got out, why didn't it fall to the ground, watch the footage again, nothing falls out of the truck on the dash cam, and on the body cam footage, you can see him standing beside the truck and no book on the ground, and plus how could she have seen the book if it was sitting in his lap.

then a little bit on she was asked to the best of your memory what was the exca6t words mister scott said to the officers.
she then says "he saidd ..(stops and thinks about looking down), what is the problem. what did i do, what's wrong," the she says their telling him to come to them so he is walking to the back of his truck stepping over the book and everything"

go back and watch the both cam's footage he doesn't walk to the back of hiss truck he walks to the front backwards, scott never says a word and if he did you can't hear it on the video and they were a lot closer than her. and he damn sure never steps over a book.

the second one didn't even see the shooting, she just saw them doing cpr. and as far as what she said about the cop telling her and the other people if that they get closer your gonna get shot. no ones word but hers.

made up narratives. both of them.

edit on 24-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

That appears to be a black nitrile glove. Probably dropped by the person who is holding another black nitrile glove in the second shot. It appears the individual has them ready to hand the cop who's touching the suspect. There's blood, so out come the gloves, and when you pull gloves out of your pocket, it almost never fails that one of them will hit the ground. That looks nothing like a gun lying there.
edit on 30349America/ChicagoSat, 24 Sep 2016 21:34:39 -050030pm30267America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Let's see if the glove fits.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
NC is open carry right? So he may have had a gun...there was likely confusion...but he wasn't acting aggressive and the warrant wasn't for him, so...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
NC is open carry right? So he may have had a gun...there was likely confusion...but he wasn't acting aggressive and the warrant wasn't for him, so...

Except with his record, it was illegal for him to have a gun even in an open carry state.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
I have just watched the video, and to be honest I now have doubts as to the veracity of what the police are saying. The following two pictures are from the video. The first one shows no gun on the floor, and the timing of the picture is 1:41; the 2nd picture timed at 1:46 shows the gun on the floor. Where did it come from?

Obviously, it was put there by a cop, as the deceased did not put it there. It is quite clear in both the video and the first image capture that there is no gun, yet one appears within a few seconds, and is clearly seen in the second image. The gun has been handled by a cop and discarded by the deceased's feet by a cop. Why was the gun not bagged and tagged as evidence, instead of being handled by a cop who then discards it on the floor next to the deceased.

As things stand, the video presents a problematic issue for the cops.

The gun is under the legs of the cop in the red shirt.

Since we can no longer depend on the mainstream media to do their job effectively, we actually have to go to alternative sources to get real facts. Conservative Treehouse has the still shots showing where the gun is. The shape you are seeing appears to be a glove. If you look at the second picture I linked, the black cop in white shirt appears to be putting on gloves. he probably dropped a pair of surgical gloves.

Gun highlighted

Cop standing over gun

Looks like cops were vindicated. I am sure the SJWs will now claim they shot too fast or come up with some other dopey theories. I'm sure we can expect the rioters to admit a mistake and grab a broom to clean up the mess they created. Yeah, right...

edit on 24-9-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

he was a convicted felon, he could not even own a gun.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But LEO didn't know that. Geez.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I'm from NC. Last I checked, yes it is open carry. That means in a holster. You can't just wander around with a gun in your hand. I believe that's called brandishing. I remember it being explained to me like this. If you go somewhere in your car, you can't just leave your gun on the seat of your car when you get out. You lock it in the trunk or you put it in a holster on your hip and DO NOT conceal it unless you have a permit. Open carry does not mean you can walk around with it in your hand.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Maybe he was trying to show them he had a gun? Are there NC protocols for that?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Right? Plus, they had no way of knowing that he was a convicted felon, he was a stranger that just happened to pull up and park next to the 2 undercover officers. They didn't know squat about him.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

But LEO didn't know that. Geez.

They would have known it as they had time to run the plates. If you read the statement from the police, the initially spotted Mr. Scott smoking a blunt. They also said that the gun was visible. At first they were going to ignore the blunt, but then when he showed the gun, they decided to engage. They also didn't do it immediately as they waited for uniform police to show up, so it stands to reason they probably ran plates and found out he was a convicted felon.

Regardless, Mr. Scott's background is irrelevant. It wouldn't have mattered if he was a scout master and had a CCW. They cops have drawn on him and told him to drop the weapon. He didn't and wound up shot. Mr. Scott's background just makes the cops story even more plausible as his behavior is consistent with his criminal record.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Khaleesi

Maybe he was trying to show them he had a gun? Are there NC protocols for that?

I like to think I'm a reasonable person. If I had been in his situation I would have left it in the holster. Then I would have put my hands on my head and let them take it. I would have NEVER put my hand near it.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Looks like cops were vindicated.

Not to me. Looks like they just murdered a man in cold blood.

Go to the 50 second mark...
[yvid]
[/yvid]

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Of course, that statement is written •after• he was shot. I doubt seriously the plates were run in the moment. Cuz, you know, they were busy serving a warrant on someone else.

Hey, anyone know if they got that person?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Of course, that statement is written •after• he was shot. I doubt seriously the plates were run in the moment. Cuz, you know, they were busy serving a warrant on someone else.

Hey, anyone know if they got that person?

It doesn't take long to run plate. 45 seconds to 1 minute actually. My partner used to work 911 calls.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
dp
edit on 24-9-2016 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join