It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my bad week

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I am just so over things at this point. I have worked very hard for everything I have, and it really sux when those things get stolen.

So the facts:
I live in a predominantly black neighborhood
I don't have any problems with any neighbors
Came home from work my license plate was stolen and two flat tires
Came home from work my exhaust pipe was stolen off my motorcycle (very expensive)
Came home from work another tire flat
Never had this problem any where else I have lived. I'm very upset.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Sounds like a bad neighborhood
I can offer you one solution

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kazber

Don't jump to conclusions and be thankful for what you have. I was involved in a hit & run accident at the beginning of this month, and the culprits were SENIOR CITIZENS... I can't afford to repair the damage, but at least I wasn't injured and the car still runs/drives OK. Life is full of random acts of evil against property/people... I know it doesn't help right now, but in a week or two the sting of the loss will fade a bit and remind yourself that it could have been worse. They could have taken both vehicles, or you could have been injured or worse if you had been present during the thefts/vandalism.

Bad things like this tend to come in waves, you are probably a good person that doesn't deserve this kind of crap- keep your chins up and expect a wave of good stuff in the near future. Sorry to hear what happened, seriously, it is messed up.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

That's why we can't have nice things.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Yeah,
He could put new pipes on his ride and have them stolen sgain.
Location, location, location

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I used to live in the Bronx, in these hoods your not allowed to have anything nice. Especially if your an outsider, read not black. Surprisingly SJW"s racism is a two way street! (Making that point makes me an deplorable racist)
edit on 9 240824 1616 by WUNK22 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

So the facts:
I live in a predominantly black neighborhood

Thieves are everywhere, come in all colors. Unless you believe that the blacks are predominantly responsible.

What ever gave you that idea?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

8 Mile? [NSFW] NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK

No idea, I used to remember songs being about love back in the day, perhaps I'm too old
edit on 2016-09-24T17:26:24-05:002016Sat, 24 Sep 2016 17:26:24 -0500bSaturday2609America/Chicago165 by corblimeyguvnor because: NSFW COMMENT ADDED

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sorry these things are happening to you. You must feel violated and frustrated. Since you have been getting along with your neighbors, I am wondering if maybe some new folks moved in nearby, or could just be random strangers. In any cases, it sucks! Hugs!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I live in white middle class hell, all my tools got stolen out my truck here, peoples cars, garages and homes got broke into, the cops eventually caught the one white guy doing it.

Then there was the wider city problem plaguing people more recently, kicking in doors during broad daylight, smash and grab for valuables like laptops jewelry and cash...

They were a group of latinos from across town, where all the windows have bars on them.

They finally caught them too, in a home, ransacking it.

Point being, its the bad apples and they can be anyone... unless your blaming a specific group out of hand, its probably a few people locally. You see them every day. They been casing you, watching you come and go, know your schedule. Pity the fool that leaves their expensive s*** on the porch for them to sell to get another bag of dope.
edit on 24-9-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

edit on 2016-09-24T18:12:29-05:002016Sat, 24 Sep 2016 18:12:29 -0500bSaturday1209America/Chicago166 by corblimeyguvnor because: no reason

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If your neighborhood has a high crime rate and bars on all the windows, it's time to move, no matter who lives there. Don't let people call you racist because you want to live somewhere safe because I guarantee you that the people targeting you? They're racists. You're smart enough to know what the issue is here. Don't keep your head in the sand just to appease those who do.
edit on 9/24/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The problem is that not everyone can afford to move to nicer, more expensive areas.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I share your pain. I live in a predominately lower middle class neighborhood. The house next to mine wasn't sold (still have no idea what happened) but a family moved in next door that are pretty ghetto. They've been throwing their swisher sweet empty packs into my yard and parking one of their 5 cars infront of my mailbox.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: schuyler

The problem is that not everyone can afford to move to nicer, more expensive areas.

I've been there myself and I understand people can feel trapped. It's just a matter of when you reach your personal tipping point.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yes, but there is justice sometimes, and let me give you an example. My wife buys the occasional scratch off, and if it's a winner, she puts the ticket in her purse and brings it in the house. For some reason, she puts the losing tickets in her center console because "some day" she thinks she will scan them at a store just to be sure they are not winners before throwing them out.

She had accumulated about 70+ losing scratch-offs over the course of 3 years all in the console. She forgot to lock the car one night, someone stole them all, but didn't find any other valuables.

It makes me smile thinking of all the tickets this crook had to check only to find none of them were winners!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
when you live in a low income neighborhood, the only way to stop that crap is to prove you are hard as hell and not to be trifled with. So you can either do that, learn to accept the victim role, or move.

Wish there was a better way.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yeah it sucks to have your stuff stolen for sure.

Sometimes criminals enter neighborhoods (not the ones they live in) to steal so it may very well not be anyone who lives around you.

Just this time last year I was moving out of a middle to upper middle class home to the 'city'.

Had stuff stolen there and so far nothing stolen here, yet.

Can you bring the motorcycle in? My brother, when he lived in the heart of Tampa, always made room for his bike.

Just a thought. Good luck, hope your situation improves.

P.S. I would suggest an inexpensive video surveillance system but my brother in law stole mine so, they're not that secure really.
edit on 24-9-2016 by TNMockingbird because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

If you can't afford to move, you might look into renting a self storage locker in one of the nicer facilities. Look for indoor units, no access 24 hours, and video cameras. I definitely wouldn't start paying to replace all the stuff and then continuing to keep those items at your house.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't have much in this world. But my bike was my baby. I had this bike for about 10 years, its my longest lasting relationship. Every time I think about it I don't get mad I get upset. I can't even ride it. It is way to loud. The pipe was a very nice one and I can't afford to buy that one again.

I have to get out of this place. Besides that I also have been robbed at gun point more than once.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join