It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators Accuse Russia Of Disrupting US Election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

I think Trump is selling out to Russia before he is even elected, wasn't this supposed to be his strength? He won't sell out because he is already rich???

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Didn't the US just try to influence the election in Israel?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And your point? Do you live in Israel? Am I happy that happened? No.

You are under attack!

Whatever happened to paying attention to your own country's problems?

edit on 24-9-2016 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

My point is America shouldn't bitch.

All nations do it.

It's called "diplomacy".

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

America is under attack from ISIS.

Russia isn't planting bombs in New York or killing soldiers at Fort Hood.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Well hey, if you think US democracy is something non-citizens should have a say in -- why the f**k are you upset about illegals in the US?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

How does expecting laws to be followed have to do with tolerance for international opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

How does expecting laws to be followed have to do with tolerance for international opinion.

Is this your idea of "international opinion?"

FBI Says Foreign Hackers Breached State Election Systems (Guardian)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

No where in that article did it say Russians did that (I assume that's your angle). Also the intruder just got information on voter, so election was not tampered. And lastly, the US, UK, China and Russia (many others) do cyber espionage daily, so you won't see me flip out when countries we do it to show us our weak spots. Maybe we shouldn't do electronic, or if we do, air gap it from the Internet entirely.

link   

originally posted by: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

Well hey, if you think US democracy is something non-citizens should have a say in -- why the f**k are you upset about illegals in the US?

That makes no sense.

All countries manipulate, even ours. So when we cry foul it makes us look weak and petty.

link   

What? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. We were talking about russian state funds. The Russian economy does depend much more on the state than the US, they were communists not long ago, while the US is neoliberal with even jails and such privatised.

Putin is smart enough to wait for the fallout which will happen after this election no matter what the outcome will be. You guys don't need someone to interfere, you already are on the edge of a civil war.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

I think Trump is selling out to Russia before he is even elected, wasn't this supposed to be his strength? He won't sell out because he is already rich???

Yeah, Trump is Putin's bitch. If he wins, expect to see him roll over and play dead while Putin gets whatever he wants.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

As opposed to what? Instead taking a hardline blaming Russia for the worlds problem while we spend half of our federal taxes on military yet we quagmire the middle east, look silly in Syria (most of the world thinks we are helping terrorists) and they operate efficiently.

I view Russia as an estranged sibling. We focus on making them look bad while forgetting to make ourselves look good. I'd rather have friendly competition and beat them.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
"" Senators Accuse Russia Of Disrupting US Election ""

Well they have to blame somebody for their own failures don't they.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No where in that article did it say Russians did that

Is this your idea of "international opinion?"

FBI Says Foreign Hackers Breached State Election Systems (Guardian)

Information was established by the FBI showing direct Russian involvement.

"Russians Hacked Arizona Voter Registration Database -Official

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

Yeah, Trump is Putin's bitch. If he wins, expect to see him roll over and play dead while Putin gets whatever he wants.

This is different from the status quo how?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I lol'ed

edit on 24-9-2016 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

My point being that things are not going well for Democrats this election cycle and they are beset by scandal. So they are deflecting and trying like mad to blame something, anything else from messes of their own making. At this point they're like the guy on History who blames everything on aliens only this is Russians because it's simply not PC to blame anyone else and no one is buying that it's Republicans who did it.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Dear Russia, If you want to influence US elections you have to play by the rules. Please donate a couple million to the Clinton Foundation. If you need any help ask Saudi Arabia on the procedures.
Or conversely start a Russian lobbying group. If looking to for help on doing this properly look up AIPAC.

Also continue to read the article

Matt Roberts, a spokesman for Arizona Secretary of State Michele Reagan said on Monday that FBI investigators did not say whether the hackers were working for the Russian government or not,

More hearsay.

The credibility of the Ef Be. Eye is even falling apart as redditors seem to have more investigative ability than this all powerful agency. Or of course the more probably theory is that they are bungling the investigation on purpose.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join