It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America analysts think there's a 50 per cent chance we live in The Matrix

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's all semantics, really. Something created all this. God, Big Bang, AI, magic fairy dust and what-have-you. The language and ideas we assign it are meaningless human constructs. Any way one chooses to define it, we are the creation of a power far greater than ourselves. Call it a simulation, the matrix, God's puppet show, it makes no difference, it simply is what it is.

I find it interesting however, that a global corporate power is pushing this matrix/simulation idea. What interest do powerful bankers have in this area, anyway? B of A has often been accused of being part of the "evil empire." Could they be laying the groundwork for the New World Order Religion? Will future generations be worshipping computers/AI? All hail our computer overlords and our Tech Religion!

Now that I know this is all a simulstion, I guess I don't have to send them my mortgage payment this month. Cool beans.
edit on 9 24 2016 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tuomptonite
It's all semantics, really. Something created all this. God, Big Bang, AI, magic fairy dust and what-have-you. Any way one chooses to define it, we are the creation of a power far greater than ourselves. Call it a simulation, the matrix, God's puppet show, it makes no difference, it simply is what it is.

I find it interesting however, that a global corporate power is pushing this matrix/simulation idea. What interest do powerful bankers have in this area, anyway? B of A has often been accused of being part of the "evil empire." Could they be laying the groundwork for the New World Order Religion? Will future generations be worshipping computers/AI? All hail our computer overlords and our Tech Religion!

Now that I know this is all a simulstion, I guess I don't have to send them my mortgage payment this month. Cool beans.

You can break free from all the others. God by definition is all powerful so you can't. That's the main difference to me.

If there's a simulation creator, it's possible, but incredibly unlikely, that I can overtake him and get my freedom.

God -- no matter what, I'm his slave and going to heaven or hell, his choice. Nothing I can do about it. There's no possibility of me gaining my freedom.
edit on 9/24/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

What's the difference between a simulation creator and "God" though? When I say "God" I don't define him/it. It's simply a man made word to represent the power/force/intelligence that created our reality.

Whoever or whatever created/programmed this simulation/matrix/universe, is essentially our "God" or creator.

Everything I've ever seen or touched was real and tangible in my reality. I have free will to do what I wish, go where I want and experience what I choose. That's a pretty cool simulation if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Lets say fir arguments sake we are in the matrix, whats the real world look like? Is it all messed up or is it all sci fi futuristic like. Imagine if we were just a program a school kid made for a science project!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
I like the physics engine and the graphics are nice, AI is a little broken though...

One of the best replies I have seen in a while...kudos.

Elon musk said there is a one in billions chance that we are NOT living in a simulation

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tuomptonite

What's the difference between a simulation creator and "God" though? When I say "God" I don't define him. It's simply a man made word to represent the power/force/intelligence that created our reality.

Whoever or whatever created/programmed this simulation/matrix/universe, is essentially our "God" or creator.

Everything I've ever seen or touched was real and tangible in my reality. I have free will to do what I wish, go where I want and experience what I choose. That's a pretty cool simulation if you ask me.

God is usually thought of as omniscient and omnipotent, a kind of mystical being with supernatural powers. A creator isn't necessarily that and so isn't god.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I really enjoy the "we will never know" part in light of, like, most religions ever. Because, no religion has ever taught that the world and its contents are an illusion and we can transcend the self. No, never.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Maybe occult rituals that the elites supposedly participate in are 'cheat codes' to gain advances.

Now you're thinking! But they are dangerous cheat-codes. The gods might troll you instead...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Indeed, human beings tend to think of "God" in the man made religious sense of the word. Religious programming is an extremely powerful thing. And as humans, we have a tendency to define everything with "artificial" words and ideas. I'm sure our reality cannot be defined or explained, it simply is.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom traveller

Really?

Bank of America Analysts?

And we should trust their judgement on such a matter when they can't even get economics right?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Since all I have in the bank is debt I have no problem with them thinking it's a virtual debt

In fact I might use this report next time when I'm paying them a visit so they can relax a bit about my virtual account....

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Lol you mention an episode of STar Trek TNG with a matrix-like connection. They're so common in sci-fi. I got another one from TOS.
en.wikipedia.org - For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky...
(TOS episdoes have been showing on BBC recently.)

The theme is so common I tihnk it's fundamental, maybe instinctive. Religion might be a kind of matrix connection too. A matrix is an illusion or somehow unreal. Believing this world is just a temporary stay before we die and enter eternity or reincarnate is not too different. Reality is not as it seems! We're not of this universe! It's an illusion! It's just physical! These statements are very similar. Any belief governing us and inciting us to believe this world is unreal or just a step towards eternity might be just an expression of our self-preservation instinct. Imparting eternal or transcending or divine purpose or similar properties to ourselves or our lives is a means to manage the threat of mortality. We seek to find meaning and purpose in our short life.

Existence at its base level is frightening and empty. We all subconsciously, if not intuitively, know this. This is why we run, hard and fast, seeking more. What we seek varies. Sometimes we merely seek busywork. Things as simple as knitting or farming or hunting can keep the fears away. But we can't always do those things, so we need more sometimes. Like spirituality and religion. Or imagination. Or we learn about our past and ponder our future possibility. Anything which helps us transcend or trivialize this mortal shell.

Again, I refer to

edit on 9/24/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Blueracer

But, just how is BoA creditable on this subject? They're not.

Neither are you. They are reporting what others have said. Take BofA out of it and deal with the issue. Don't blame the messenger for the message.

lol I don't give a damn what BoA has to say about "The Matrix". Why is BoA saying anything about it? And what is it to you if I ask the OP a question?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: charlyv
In reality, I have a big problem with the people that hold and save my investment money believing that we live in a movie. I say fire the lot of them and replace them with any of the thousands that are qualified, sane and need a job.

That's a shallow understanding of the issues here. BofA is reporting on the business of virtual reality, predicting that it will grow by leaps and bounds over the next few years. Wouldn't you have liked to get in on Apple or Microsoft on the ground floor?

Besides, who cares what an avatar thinks? Think about it. You could be manipulated by some kid in his Mom's basement were your free will is non existent and you exist for his amusement.

I do not think that living in reality is shallow at all. This world of ours has so many problems born of self-gratification and self-righteousness, yet we pay more attention to trying to escape it then fixing it. I like VR as well, and have probably contributed to the technology over my career, and I was fortunate enough to get in on many ground floor opportunities.

That being what it is, VR is probably a great investment opportunity but using your head and not believing everything you read will make you much more in the long run.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If God made us in his image, it's basically fact God is stupid. He probably knows this at least.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Many mysticisms teach this in a roundabout way, we are in an illusion.

However, some sects of Gnosticism teach this in a pretty profoundly direct way.

It's all metaphor so it can be as direct or indirect as you want.

The fall from Eden, Unity, Nothingness, Singularity, is into a corrupt two dimensional finite simulation which will assimilate back to the source. some teach we have been given a divine spark to reawaken to the real. That most mystics call that other the real and this our waking state all illusion, for millennia in different cultures should be a huge hint at other ways to hypothesize this data. Just browsed through my book of Nag Hammadi texts the other day.

The question is whose spin reflects your understanding. The very general outline is the same.
edit on 24-9-2016 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join