It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Illegals and the rising hit and run rate

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The elite were right. We need to reduce the population. The illegals are doing fine with these hit and runs.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Illegal immigrants being involved in hit and run accidents at a higher that normal rate is not a secret. Here is an article addressing the issue.

Illegal Immigrants Behind LA's High Hit & Run Rate

This is why CA gave out driver's licenses to illegals. It makes sense that illegals would be involved more as they are going to flee to avoid being caught for being illegal.

We have the same issue here in Chicago. I suspect it is common anywhere you have a high percentage of illegals.

Facts are not racist.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Well...........maybe this helps?
www.usillegalaliens.com...

"For a detailed report on what is happening on the roads and highways of the East Coast see the article Harvest of death on the Eastern Shore where it is reported that while 5% of the population in the area is Hispanic they are involved in 25% of the fatal traffic accidents, an astounding 5 times as much participation as representation. Given the fact that most members of the Hispanic community are law abiding and responsible citizens, that means that a large percentage of the illegal alien portion of the Hispanic community is even worse. How much worse nobody knows because NOBODY IS TRACKING IT.
"

And this is an interesting article; explains the why behind the California law allowing illegal aliens to legally obtain drivers licences. Although, it appears the law has had led to some unintended consequences.
www.ehlinelaw.com...

edit on Sat Sep 24 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: added EX tags.. IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So how about that question?

No evidence?

edit on Rpm92416v03201600000046 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon

originally posted by: randyvs
Just thought I'd open up this can of worms.

Illegal
hit
and
run
felons
are
cowards

ALL
hit
and run
felons
are
cowards.

Fixed it for you.

This has nothing to do with immigration status except that you choose it to be due to personal bias.

You are right. But I await the 20+ flags this will get before people even read the articles.

Lol, already got one.

and 2.

Based on nothing, now 4 flags.
The links didn't even lead to the conclusion. But people are ready to 'flag' meaning they think ilegal aliens are hiting cars and running. This is ridiculous. I could make a post sayingn they are eating babies,,,bet I could get 4+ flags .

You're talking out the side of your neck and obviously don't know what you're talking about. This has happened to me once, my ex once and a good friend of mine twice, not to mention all the other cases I've heard about. When I lived in LA and Colorado this crap happened all the time. Funny how people like you defend things they know nothing about. Typical ATS rhetoric these days I suppose. So carry on with your false knowledge of a topic you're clueless about.
edit on 24-9-2016 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: DBCowboy

And don't demonize a whole group of people by positioning them as evil monsters hell bent on killing everyone in sight.

Ya, we should just continue on with the way things are , until everything in sight is 3rd world style, that way we will all be equal !!

You demonize ANYONE who doesn't desire for every kind of immigrant to be let in regardless, and believe everything is generally positive with the influxes.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

I got a kick out of this.

This has nothing to do with immigration status except that you choose it to be due to personal bias.

Police chief of the Needville Independent School District, Chief Ernest V. Mendoza lost his life when he was hit head on by drunken illegal alien Guillermo Paniagua Paniagua who veered into his lane. Paniagua had four previous drunken driving convictions. Paniagua fled the scene on foot but was captured latter. Mendoza, a 25-year-veteran of law enforcement, leaves behind a wife and four children.

edit on Rpm92416v41201600000017 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Mendozas wife and four children Washington D.C. and the elite to thank.
edit on Rpm92416v35201600000048 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sun Sep 25 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yeah right. That's why they take sh*tty jobs that are brutal, and getting tiny paychecks. Because they already have money.

They take those jobs because they're here illegally and the don't speak much English if at all. I know this because I've had to play interpreter in my time, and I have more of an actual idea of what's happening in the Hispanic comunnity than you do.

ETA: Do you know what a Coyote(See: Coyotaje) is? They are smugglers. They smuggle people across the border, and they don't do it for free.
edit on 24-9-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You just nailed it...the narrative is to wind people up....some people are easily swayed and manipulated...you are seeing it in real time right here in this thread...

You don't have any proof of that. And I will deny it absolutely. My intention was
to call attention to something our corrupt candidates are ignoring while they
preach about protecting american lives you never mind.
But if that's the results the truth brings. then so be it.

Fair enough...it may be pertinent to look closer to home if you want to protect American lives.....it is not only illegals that are putting American lives at risk....they are only a small percentage...

It doesn't matter how small a percentage it is, It shouldn't happen period. IF even one single life matters to you, then solving the problem of illegal immigrant crimes shouldn't be a hard choice. Otherwise, you're saying that one person's life doesn't matter because the whole of others are suffering, so they say.

I do see where you are coming from i just think its not its that simple...if you cannot solve the problem of your own citizens crimes how the hell do you propose fixing the crimes committed by the illegals ?

No one in the world can solve the problem of its citizen's crimes. But it doesn't help to add crime on top of it by opening the floodgate and letting more crime in. And that's not to say that all who come here are going to do that, but neither can we ignore those who do for fear of upsetting some people.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Yeah right. That's why they take sh*tty jobs that are brutal, and getting tiny paychecks. Because they already have money.

They take those jobs because they're here illegally and the don't speak much English if at all. I know this because I've had to play interpreter in my time, and I have more of an actual idea of what's happening in the Hispanic comunnity than you do.

ETA: Do you know what a Coyote(See: Coyotaje) is? They are smugglers. They smuggle people across the border, and they don't do it for free.

Yeah, well I have grown up in Texas and I have had dealings with undocumented immigrants myself. They have little to nothing when they come here. They sometimes sell every single thing they own, and that includes items from every living relative they have to get the money to come here. Many have died coming here, women run the high risk of getting raped by these lovely coyotes. And yet they come, because they don't feel they have any other choice. Not all of them use Coyotes either.

The cost of living in Mexico is so low that if you only have a moderate amount of money, there's places where you can pretty much live like a king. Why would they be so desperate to leave if they could live like that in their own country?

They live in apartments here with sometimes up to 10 adults living in a one or two bedroom. No one would do that if they had money.

No one would take the back breaking jobs these people take if they had money. No one.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yeah, well I have grown up in Texas and I have had dealings with undocumented immigrants myself. They have little to nothing when they come here. They sometimes sell every single thing they own, and that includes items from every living relative they have to get the money to come here. Many have died coming here, women run the high risk of getting raped by these lovely coyotes. And yet they come, because they don't feel they have any other choice. Not all of them use Coyotes either.

The cost of living in Mexico is so low that if you only have a moderate amount of money, there's places where you can pretty much live like a king. Why would they be so desperate to leave if they could live like that in their own country?

They live in apartments here with sometimes up to 10 adults living in a one or two bedroom. No one would do that if they had money.

No one would take the back breaking jobs these people take if they had money. No one.

Yup you're not wrong. So your solution is that they leave to come live no differently here? No, No. That's not right. We should give them everything we can and neglect the poor we already have, right?

They leave because of the corruption, crime and cartels. Maybe instead of running, they fight and take their country back hmm? But why would they when they can just come here to live, and reminisce about the Mexico of Yester-decade.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Your not wrong....the whole situation is a cluster#....our focus should be one those that write the legislation's and fuel the division.....

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Back breaking jobs, be more specific? If you
can't name any. Then you don't know what
you're talking about.
edit on Ram92516v28201600000004 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
One city in calif impounded over 4000 cars in 2015 because the illegals driving them had no drivers lic, no insurance,
And they were not even smogged.

Then these illegals would go to the impounded car auctions and buy them back.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

So i grew up down here. In/around 1986 i was living in El Paso. Everyone remembers the "Walk Like An Egyptian" song by, i think, the Bangles? A local band did a "Drive Like A Mexican" parody that was very popular, as a commentary to the frequency of bad driving in unsafe vehicles by people with chihuahua plates. They didn't care if they hit you....they were in a hoop-dee that they could evade consequences in.

That is different than this....sort of. Since they are here illegally, im unsure how they will get insurance. They can't be licensed, afterall.

I get that we want to do something about immigration. But the laws we put in place have consequences. Its the way it works. You put a law in place making it illegal to be here, then the people here illegally simply stop following the rules that get them in trouble. Its not like it'll make them go back to where they came from. And its asinine to think it will. All it does is make our lives harder as we now have to deal with the fall out. Same with the war on drugs....laws and their unintended consequences end up making things worse. Every. Single. Time.

Why don't we just enforce the border instead? Reduce the ability of people to get here illegally? Seems like that is affecting an attempt at a cure, rather than the stupid band aids our government always uses. That's their game: they never fix the problem. They just put band aids on to keep the problem still present, but making it look like they are doing something about it. Its called "job security".

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Why don't we just enforce the border instead? Reduce the ability of people to get here illegally? Seems like that is affecting an attempt at a cure, rather than the stupid band aids our government always uses. That's their game: they never fix the problem. They just put band aids on to keep the problem still present, but making it look like they are doing something about it. Its called "job security".

right-wing logic i'm afraid.

in britain brexit originally hinged on old eastern bloc countries joining the eu and, those coming to britain for work.
it morphed into syrian refugees being the major problem, somehow, and the need for all muslims to leave, or anyone darker than magnolia anyways, and right-wing press finding a polish murderer or a romanian rapist as proof that all of europe is evil.

see many links to trump's campaign? if not try and replace romanian and polish for mexican then read it back.

if the border guards actually did their job and stopped illegals, would crime cease overnight or would the press just stop reporting it?

another minority would get the blame, and those wanting mexicans out would want the new enemies now.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Dunno man....i hit "right wing logic" like it was a brick wall, and my vision was too blurry to read the rest of the post.

If it was something partisan, im not interested. Otherwise, im happy to try again when my vision clears.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Former LEO here:
Yeah, illegals are a problem on the road. But a surprising amount somehow manage to get insurance. And yes, I've called to verify it's legit.

The problem is poverty and people opting for food/housing/(yes possibly) drugs instead of car insurance. They know they don't have insurance, know they can't pay for damages....so they flee.

Then there's alcohol. I used to work Dallas...there was this one steep curve leading south out of Dealey Plaza, and in Dealey Plaza proper Elm street slightly curves as you're heading back to the highway. On the northwest corner where it curves is a pole. EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND after the bars let out, there was at least one wrecked and abandoned car at these points. Illegals driving? Maybe. Without insurance? Maybe. Drunk? Probably. Luckily since there was no real damage other to their own vehicles we just towed and made an 'abandoned property' report.

If you're worried about uninsured drivers, get the extra coverage on your own insurance. Yes, it's unfair and it shouldn't be that way, they should be responsible if they're driving, blah blah blah. But reality dictates that they're out there and they drive like sh*t. And by 'they' I mean idiots, and that's not limited to illegal immigrants.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join