It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals and the rising hit and run rate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

No, if the majority of a group of people haven't killed anyone, I wouldn't expect them to be demonized as crazed killers.

That's like saying if someone stole a package of cigarettes, he is automatically considered a rapist/murderer.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You just nailed it...the narrative is to wind people up....some people are easily swayed and manipulated...you are seeing it in real time right here in this thread...

You don't have any proof of that. And I will deny it absolutely. My intention was
to call attention to something our corrupt candidates are ignoring while they
preach about protecting american lives you never mind.
But if that's the results the truth brings. then so be it.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

SO you do differentiate crimes.

You don't think some crimes should be punished.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Wardaddy454

And you're xenophobic, so....

Based on what? Your opinion?

I'm Hispanic rofl.

So being Hispanic you are immune to being xenophobic....thats odd

Nope, but she made the assumption based on the subject of the OP.

Sorry i missed it but why do think this.....?

Because the OP is about Illegal immigrants, And I happen to have an opinion that's contrary to hers.

Differing opinion = Xenophobic by her logic.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

No, if the majority of a group of people haven't killed anyone, I wouldn't expect them to be demonized as crazed killers.

And their not. Not by me not at all. But they are for breaking the law.

Are you not capable of that separation or something? I'm not get'n it.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, I don't think a whole group of people should be accused of crimes they didn't commit.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Well, I don't think a whole group of people should be accused of crimes they didn't commit.

But illegals, by their very definition, have broken immigration laws.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

You just nailed it...the narrative is to wind people up....some people are easily swayed and manipulated...you are seeing it in real time right here in this thread...

You don't have any proof of that. And I will deny it absolutely. My intention was

Fair enough...it may be pertinent to look closer to home if you want to protect American lives.....it is not only illegals that are putting American lives at risk....they are only a small percentage...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

This is not information.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: shockedonlooker

Considering the liberal DUI state I am in with a very wealthy and politically active Tavern League along with a recent speed limit hike, if a fair, official and accurate report were found it would have to include alcohol/drug consumption rates, increased traffic rates, the trend of states raising their maximum speed limits and mobile phone/texters on the road. Not to even mention the types of illegal substances used has changed.

If a report like that existed it sure would be interesting.

Yeah it would, do you think it would be to much for any group to tackle?

Yes and No.

No, I don't think all the states could come up with data, then factor in other circumstances in say, a forty year period accurately...probably even have to factor in the flippin' weather too LOL

and Yes, because somehow there are very extensive and expensive reports and studies on the habits of anything that lives basically...so yeah, not really an answer can I give you, just two opinions. Interesting thread and debate about a very obvious problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
The reason people are getting run over is because you drive on the wrong side of the road . Damn near got run over myself crossing the road from Disneyland back to my hotel .

Australia? I'm guessing.

Forgive him he's "South Australian" and a Crows supporter to boot.

But interestingly there's been a spike in hit and runs down under lately along with home invasions, drive by shooting etc. Nothing compared to over the lake but the sort of stuff not experienced by me when a grew up here. Seems to have increased the last decade or 2.

Could have something to do with an increase in population and motor vehicle users. On the news each night. I have no stats to offer though just my experience and thoughts.

Disneyland sigh!!!! Good on ya Hutch!

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

And that is at least, a logical argument.

What is not a logical argument is to imply that they are all also murders, rapists and crazed car drivers hell bent on running people over. That is a tactic to demonize them by making them seem like they are all a bunch of evil people whose only goal is to kill us all - when in fact, as a whole, they are simply trying to not starve to death in their home country.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Fair enough...it may be pertinent to look closer to home if you want to protect American lives.....it is not only illegals that are putting American lives at risk....they are only a small percentage...

It doesn't matter how small a percentage it is, It shouldn't happen period. IF even one single life matters to you, then solving the problem of illegal immigrant crimes shouldn't be a hard choice. Otherwise, you're saying that one person's life doesn't matter because the whole of others are suffering, so they say.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

What is not a logical argument is to imply that they are all also murders, rapists and crazed car drivers hell bent on running people over. That is a tactic to demonize them by making them seem like they are all a bunch of evil people whose only goal is to kill us all - when in fact, as a whole, they are simply trying to not starve to death in their home country.

I never said all illegals are rapists.

But I will say that they are all criminal.

Simply because they have broken the law.

Are you still going to defend criminals?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Many that come here aren't, in fact, starving to death in their home country.

They have money. Otherwise, they'd be starving just as much here in this country while trying to get where they're going.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Do I think it's dispicable on the part of those running this country to create the
environment that enables all that is going wrong with illegal america? Damn right!
Do I blame illegal america for taking advantage of what they're doing to americans
of all races and creeds in Washington? A little. But I know I would do the same if I
were them and my country was sh1t. But I wouldn't be here flying that sh1t flag.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Is a person who stole a loaf of bread a criminal? I assume so, since it's against the law to steal.

Is a person who brutally killed a 6-year-old girl a criminal? Yep.

Even though someone who stole some bread might have also killed a little girl, should we assume that because a person stole some bread that they are going to kill little girls too, since after all, they're both criminals?

Even though they are both criminals, I wouldn't put them in the same category. So, yeah - I'll defend the bread thief when people start screaming "Bread thieves kill little girls!"

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yeah right. That's why they take sh*tty jobs that are brutal, and getting tiny paychecks. Because they already have money.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

It doesn't matter how small a percentage it is, It shouldn't happen period. IF even one single life matters to you, then solving the problem of illegal immigrant crimes shouldn't be a hard choice. Otherwise, you're saying that one person's life doesn't matter because the whole of others are suffering, so they say.

I do see where you are coming from i just think its not its that simple...if you cannot solve the problem of your own citizens crimes how the hell do you propose fixing the crimes committed by the illegals ?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Do I think it's dispicable on the part of those running this country to create the environment that enables all that is going wrong with illegal america? Damn right!

Your preaching to the choir...

Do I blame illegal america for taking advantage of what they're doing to americans of all races and creeds in Washington?

Well focus that rage on those that can make the change...the illegals cannot as they are escaping their own hell...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join