It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been lied to : Christians , Muslims , Jews - all worship the same God

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede
I'm sorry I can't reason with you. Your choice of bible translation (and their translational choices) is too biased (or ignorant about what it really says and what would be an appropiate translation to english, or worse, feigning ignorance knowing full well what it really says and what it's referring to or what it means) and your conclusions are too much all over the place. I don't know where to start. It's like looking at the Mount Everest without climbing gear with a storm of strife and 'not open to any agreement'-behaviour brewing on the horizon.

Your comment also seems to be a bit of a distraction away from your earlier claim that:

Jesus taught the same except that The Most High was not the Creator. ... and He did not create.

Following your 'logical' pathway also seems to lead to the implication that it was Jesus who did not consider Genesis 1:26 when he decided to refer to the Genesis account and say "he who created them" in direct contradiction to your "He did not create".

In your usage of an intentional mistranslation of John 1:1 (as vaguely acknowledged by Trinitarian bible translators who still stick with "the Word was God" in spite of their acknowledgements, and as Newton would say, won't "dissemble their knowledge"; or at least won't draw attention to it) you also demonstrated to be ignoring my comment to Pthena which included this video about that subject:

Here's some more about the same subject or related subjects others have brought up and demonstrated or expressed their misunderstandings about (these key points are denied, ignored, trivialized or dissed a lot because they are so crucial for understanding, I really can't type out a short description of every video below other than what I've said so far in this thread):

edit on 28-9-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
John 1:1-5 (NW):

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.* 2 This one was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.

What has come into existence 4 by means of him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light is shining in the darkness, but the darkness has not overpowered it.

* = Or “was divine.”

Genesis 1:27:

And God went on to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.

The information below is most useful when understanding the information in the video about "The created Messiah part 2" but sadly that video contains too much misleading information for me to be willing to post it. It's about the term "master worker" for Jesus when he was with God (according to John 1:1 and how this relates to Proverbs 8:22-30 and Col.1:15-18, they all perfectly match up in what they're teaching with Genesis 1:26 as well).

In what sense is man made “in God’s image”?

In disclosing to his “master worker” the divine purpose to create mankind, God said: “Let us make man [ʼa·dhamʹ] in our image, according to our likeness.” (Ge 1:26, 27; Pr 8:30, 31; compare Joh 1:1-3; Col 1:15-17.) Note that the Scriptures do not say that God created man in the image of a wild beast or of a domestic animal or of a fish. Man was made “in God’s image”; he was a “son of God.” (Lu 3:38) As to the form or shape of God’s body, “at no time has anyone beheld God.” (1Jo 4:12) No one on earth knows what God’s glorious, heavenly, spiritual body looks like, so we cannot liken man’s body to God’s body. “God is a Spirit.”—Joh 4:24.

Nevertheless, man is “in God’s image” in that he was created with moral qualities like those of God, namely, love and justice. (Compare Col 3:10.) He also has powers and wisdom above those of animals, so that he can appreciate the things that God enjoys and appreciates, such as beauty and the arts, speaking, reasoning, and similar processes of the mind and heart of which the animals are not capable. Moreover, man is capable of spirituality, of knowing and having communication with God. (1Co 2:11-16; Heb 12:9) For such reasons man was qualified to be God’s representative and to have in subjection the forms of creature life in the skies, on the earth, and in the sea.
The apostle Paul, in discussing the relative positions of man and woman in God’s arrangement, says: “I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God.”—1Co 11:3.

Source: Man: Insight, Volume 2

That was the foot of the mountain I'm looking at...
edit on 28-9-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid
a reply to: nomad4chr1st

The problem with your statement is that no one is countering other viewpoints with the same info,

The topic is about the information given in the Texts, anyone can am "expert" or a "senior reporter" to say anything that suits an agenda.

That is why anything linked that comes from a source that was not one of the books named in the OP was pushed aside, unless you can deliver some sort of evidence that the followers of the faith use a different book for their faith, if it isn't he book they follow, using it to describe what they are worshiping is just slander and hearsay

The only book I have quoted is the Bible. Which was listed in the OP. lol

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Invicid

Again, you are just attacking me, you obviously can't speak on the subject matter, so you aren't offering anything

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

If a tree falls in a forest...etc.

If a religion has no followers at all, is it still a religion?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nomad4chr1st

"Thou fool - Moreh, probably from מרה marah, to rebel, a rebel against God, apostate from all good. This term implied, among the Jews, the highest enormity, and most aggravated guilt. Among the Gentoos, such an expression was punished by cutting out the tongue, and thrusting a hot iron, of ten fingers breadth, into the mouth of the person who used it. Code of Gentoo Laws, chap. 15: sec. 2. p. 212"

What part of the bible is the code of Gentoo laws?

You have either linked a ton of outside sources or back claims made by others posted from outside sources

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

The religion imply there are followers.

A better question is, is the creator still the creator?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

A fool thinks the majority has truth on their side. History says differntly. Its always the majority that brings the free thinkers and innovators down.

Jesus was killed because of the majority who thought the jewish path was the real truth. Now christians are the majority who think they have the truth.

I think there is a verse or two about narrow path in the bible. Even they know that most will not find this "truth" or experiance that they are refering to.

Well, i hate to break it to christians, but they are far from that narrow path.

Then again, who really knows what they were talking about. It's all so very interpretable. Only a mad god would inspire holy half-literate books with unclear messages.

Unless that is the point. To decieve and divide under the guise of a "good" god.
edit on 28-9-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

There was only one who didn't tell the truth in the garden

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

My point was that followers are as important to a religion as the creator of that particular belief. Zero Believers = No religion.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Zero believers = no religion

Zero believers = God is still God

If God exists, God existed before God created possible believers
edit on 28-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

What percentage of "followers" would you say really adhere to the faiths, I would venture to say the moment you build a giant church that is designed to make money there is little way to find God inside of it.

And a huge number of churches are erected with the sole idea of making money and then delivering God's message, so if that is where you seek God, there are limited chances for you getting the real message.

The thing about companies is that it is important to keep people from shopping at other companies
edit on 28-9-2016 by fatkid because: Little

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
wow, nobody complained about me using too many videos. Well, then I'll just apologize anyway for not being able to make a smaller selection, not knowing where to start.

Perhaps this short piece of text addresses the key issue here:

The Scriptures do at times refer to actual persons as gods. However, a careful examination clearly reveals that the term “god” in these instances is not intended to designate these individuals as deities. Rather, in the original languages in which the Bible was written, the term “god” was also used to describe a mighty person or an individual who is divine or closely associated with the Almighty God.

For example, some Bible verses allude to Jesus Christ as a god. (Isaiah 9:6, 7; John 1:1, 18)
Does this mean that Jesus is to be worshipped? Jesus himself said: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Luke 4:8) Clearly, although Jesus is mighty in power and divine in nature, the Bible does not portray him as an object of worship.

The angels are also referred to as “godlike ones.” (Psalm 8:5; Hebrews 2:7) Still, nowhere in the Scriptures are humans encouraged to venerate the angels. In fact, on a certain occasion, the aged apostle John was so awestruck by the presence of an angel that he prostrated himself to worship the angel. However, the angel responded: “Be careful! Do not do that! . . . Worship God.”—Revelation 19:10.

The apostle Paul described the Devil as “the god of this system of things.” (2 Corinthians 4:4) As “the ruler of this world,” the Devil has promoted countless false gods. (John 12:31) Hence, all worship addressed to man-made gods is, in effect, worship rendered to Satan. But Satan is not a god who merits our worship. He is a self-appointed ruler, a usurper. In time, he himself, as well as all forms of false worship, will be eliminated. When that happens, all humanity—yes, all creation—will forever acknowledge Jehovah as the only true and living God.—Jeremiah 10:10.

Source: Is There Only One True God? Awake!—2006

The problem with posting the above is the can of worms that gets opened because of the use of the verb "worship" (which again has a lot of misleading arguments from Trinitarians regarding the supposed worship of Jesus). So that's why I bolded the important part that is also discussed in more detail in the videos about "Is Jesus just a god...", please ignore the stuff about worship if you're thinking of those arguments; or the use of God's name in the Christian Greek Scriptures when Jesus is referring to the Hebrew Scriptures where we find that name in the oldest manuscripts before it was removed and replaced from both sets of Scriptures; the archeological evidence from the Hebrew Scriptures is more clear regarding that subject and the justification of using that name at Luke 4:8.

The last paragraph of the text above does give a clue regarding the title of this thread though, depending on how you look at it (perhaps even changing it to "Christendom, Islam and Judaism").

Ok, 2 videos in this comment regarding the last line of the article above, for those with understanding, if you restore God's name to the bible, certain texts begin to make a whole lot more sense (see last video). First what is said below starting at 2:20 needs to be understood and especially at 3:53 and 4:17, no need to watch beyond 4:41 if you don't want to hear misleading information (so that would be just over 2 minutes of your time to attempt to understand what is being pointed out there, but it's crucial for seeing the bigger picture again):

edit on 29-9-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

That's is a lot of information and it is great that you want to share it with people, but do you realize that it doesn't have much to do with Islam and Judaea sharing the same God, and even if you don't believe Jesus was the Son of God, this discussion is more about God the Father.

It's the reason I tried so hard to keep the conversation going within certain bounds, while you have a lot of info,

It is a lot for anyone to take in or research at once and will kill people's learning centers,

So in this case I would say, less is more

edit on 29-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Peace and love ! The abrahamic faiths = world worship ! Ab = heart , ra = the sun and ham = black = The heart of the black sun ! Allah , kaballah = the moon god = the moon in in the sky ! The spiritually blind , deaf and dumb worship the world as it was their creator and they want us to worship them as gods ! The christ consciousness is the way of love , which leads to the truth , which leads to eternal life ! All religion is the wrong way to eternal life as it only leads to spiritual death , destruction and reincarnation back into another helpless , physical baby body to start all over to learn to love one another and live by the truth again ! Love and truth and gnosis is the way back home ! Peace and love from the mysticalmetalhippie

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mysticalmetalhippie

Nice play on words, it's spelled Kabbalah not kaballah

Kab-ba-lah

And it is Jewish, so if anything, it would do nothing but link Judaea and Islam

and "ab" means father in both Arabic and Hebrew, so where are you getting your translation?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think you mean "gods". And putting a structure around this source is what is stopping us from connecting to it, instead we kill each over because we want to label it differently.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Peace and love ! Sorry , i misspelled the word kabbalah ! Forgive me ! The kabbalah and the babylonian talmud are the ultimate guide books to world domination for pharisees ! I found the definition of ab online and i confirmed it ! Ab is a phoenician , caaninite world meaning heart ! There is no hebrew language or jewish language it is phoenician , caaninite ! All religion is sun , moon and star in the sky worship ! To jew is to swindle , to rip off , an adverb ! The material , physical realm is falsely controlled by the pharistocracy ( pharisees) ! All info is avalabe for any spiritual being to confirm if they are not afraid ! Peace and love from the mysticalmetalhippie

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mysticalmetalhippie

There was a Hebrew language
Then it was replaced by Aramaic
And now is called modern Hebrew

Can you find me a link to a Phoenician that translates ab to heart?

glosbe.com...
You can get the spelling here in Phoenician
𐤀𐤁

And then look at the letters yourself here to verify
en.m.wikipedia.org...

It also means father in Phoenician, which is what would of heavily influenced Hebrew before Aramaic took over.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid
a reply to: Invicid

Again, you are just attacking me, you obviously can't speak on the subject matter, so you aren't offering anything

You don't get it because you're too focused on dogmatic studies - that are all fictional stories. You want me to regard your theories about fictional subject matter seriously? Do you stare at the sky and yell at it that it's not blue? It's OK, you're not ready to accept that you are within your own matrix. But please, continue to worship men as god's and fiction as your reality - you have dug your own rabbit hole.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join