It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been lied to : Christians , Muslims , Jews - all worship the same God

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Once upon a time a 14 year old Syrian priest of the Sun god Elagabalus (god of the mountain) it was a stone that fell from heaven and became a mountain (Daniel 2 reference) became the Emperor of Rome(AD 218 to 222).

Nebu
en.wikipedia.org...

The sun god, Ra, was often referred to as a mountain of gold

could the Sun God have started as a mountain ?
Mount Araroth ?

Noah found one of these tables under Mount Araroth, after the Deluge. In this table were described the courses of the upper firmament and of the lower globe, and also of the planets. At length this universal knowledge was divided into several parts, and lessened in its vigour and power. By means of this separation, one man became an astronomer, another a magician, another a cabalist, and a fourth an alchemist. Abraham, that Vulcanic Tubalcain, a consummate astrologer and arithmetician, carried the Art out of the land of Canaan into Egypt, whereupon the Egyptians rose to so great a height and dignity that this wisdom was derived from them by other nations

- Paracelsus - The Aurora of the philosophers

edit on 27-9-2016 by kibric because: Arutperumjothi

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

Funny that word troll is meant to negate the point other people are making. I do believe in one creator as I mentioned but don't think that is what everyone is worshiping.

Unless the creator manifests Himself as Zeus, Ra, Inanna, etc. Which could be true.

But the God El is not the same as the god Al-ial. That is history.

I chose one particular religion to adhere to and might find out one day that Hindus had it right.. or that everyone had it right.. or that we all had it wrong. Who knows?
edit on 27-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

They are completely different words not spellings. LOL

Picture this. You commission someone to write a biography about you. I then write a biography but I change all the facts so that it will fit my narrative and what I want people to believe about you.

Is the false narrative i wrote about you?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I believe a couple things

#1 I can be tricked
#2 I have possibly been lied to
#3 I am human and flawed
#4 I was created and those flaws were intended by the creator
#5 the education system is set up so that we are conditioned to believe the teacher
#6 that makes us susceptible to learning from people who think they know the truth, but possibly learned a lie
#7 even though we have been taught what might be a lie, doesn't mean we are being lied to, and doesn't mean the lie is intended because the teacher might belive it to be true
#8 I hope I never get to the point where I think I have learned everything there is to know
#9 I have to remain open minded and skeptical
#10 I pray for guidance

edit on 27-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid
a reply to: zosimov

Zosimov, if you believe that the God was not the creator, that is your prerogative.

If you can't see that I was not claiming that, or making that my position, then I really have no hopes for you.

But, nice try, by now I'm sure it is more than obvious to everyone that your only intention is to troll this thread and attempt to take what I say out of context, because you yourself have nothing to actually add to the conversation.

So what you re wasting all of our time on Semantics? Whoa good one dude! You got us!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nomad4chr1st

You are confusing the actions of man with the essence of God

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

They aren't semantics, they are counter claims to show you that just because you say something doesn't make it true.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You can attack me as much as you like.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

They aren't semantics, they are counter claims to show you that just because you say something doesn't make it true.

Case and point! thanks for making that easy. Sorry bro but I am not going to waste any more time on your thread. You have yet to make any solid points or back your claim.

I think perhaps the only person in this thread who is in denial and has contradicted themselves more than once would be you. It seems like you REALLY need this. So yes. They all claim to serve the same God in texts that are largely discredited in this thread.. Why do you have such a need for people to agree with you? I mean the same stale argument that didn't convince me 19 pages ago isn't going to now.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Mount Hermon would be the highest mountain in the whole region.

Plus, the snowmelt trickles through the rocks and keeps the area watered. Jordan River water comes from the mountain.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Case and point! thanks for making that easy. Sorry bro but I am not going to waste any more time on your thread. You have yet to make any solid points or back your claim. I think perhaps the only person in this thread who is in denial and has contradicted themselves more than once would be you.

Well nomad 4 chr1st, I think the OP is well on their way to finding the truth. Unfortunately, you will not see the truth until you die.

You believe! Good for you. Yet and sadly, you refuse to see with open eyes. You will learn!

P

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

That is fine, we don't have to agree - this thread obviously isn't for you.

I respect your views.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I believe a couple things

And then you list 10!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

So now my eyes are closed because i know what i believe. By the way I am only convinced because i have questioned and tested those beliefs and for me they have held up.

But belligerently countering other viewpoints with the same info..is unproductive. i don't think i have rehashed any info in 20+ posts.

I enjoy seeing someone pursue knowledge. Why else would i be on this thread. In my opinion which i have referred to as just that- an opinion this whole time- They are not the same God. Look at how many people are on their high horses claiming to have some superior knowledge or understanding, dismissing others. i don't know anything about you or anyone else on here except for what it shared. Gee my handle says I'm a believer, I have quoted scripture. Have i called any of you closed minded. I mean half of you have dismissed religious texts altogether- and refuse to even see any historical value in it although can be verified...

Who are the hypocrites? I am just a guy with an opinion. Plenty of you seem to have all the answers. So i will leave it to you to enlighten the OP.

SMH

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

That is fine, we don't have to agree - this thread obviously isn't for you.

I respect your views.

Thanks bro. I hope you continue your pursuit and find many answers. Never stop

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

You didn't provide a point to negate,

You just stated that you chose to adhere to one particular religion, no one is telling you that you should do anything other than that.....

I do not believe that I need someone else to decide for me what God intended for the people, none of the "proof" that "history" has provided you, none of it is coming from the books that I have mentioned or that the followers of the religions use,

All the "proof" provided comes from a different source, this isn't an esoteric study of the history of religion, it is a simple thread that deals with the religious texts that the particular Faiths adhere to.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Pa reply to: pthena

I'm glad to see you couldn't pick any holes in it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

The problem with your statement is that no one is countering other viewpoints with the same info,

The topic is about the information given in the Texts, anyone can am "expert" or a "senior reporter" to say anything that suits an agenda.

That is why anything linked that comes from a source that was not one of the books named in the OP was pushed aside, unless you can deliver some sort of evidence that the followers of the faith use a different book for their faith, if it isn't he book they follow, using it to describe what they are worshiping is just slander and hearsay
edit on 27-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Invicid

My post has very little to do with Jesus so you are obviously grandstanding and you're attacking a different arguement than the one that I delivered.

And your entire conspiracy might be true, but it is absolutely irrelevant because even if false, millions of people worship God, so god is real to them, regardless of your atheist/anti-Christian agenda

No - fool. This is the boundary of a dogmatic mind, you believe faith is ONLY found in your method of worship. In fact, you are more doomed then the individuals around you, simply because your mindspace is limited. You are quite literally living in a box, unable to see beyond your box. All self inflicted. The modern tragedy of religion is nothing of what you stated. The tragedy is not which prophets did what, or which group is right, it's that the people profoundly believe that "god" or the creative consciousness is external to them. This is the fool's belief. The truth is, is that everything in the universe makes up the "one god", we are simply shades of the same consciousness. Welcome to the real world, neo.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Invicid

a reply to: Invicid

My post has very little to do with Jesus so you are obviously grandstanding and you're attacking a different arguement than the one that I delivered.

And your entire conspiracy might be true, but it is absolutely irrelevant because even if false, millions of people worship God, so god is real to them, regardless of your atheist/anti-Christian agenda

No - fool. This is the boundary of a dogmatic mind, you believe faith is ONLY found in your method of worship. In fact, you are more doomed then the individuals around you, simply because your mindspace is limited. You are quite literally living in a box, unable to see beyond your box. All self inflicted. The modern tragedy of religion is nothing of what you stated. The tragedy is not which prophets did what, or which group is right, it's that the people profoundly believe that "god" or the creative consciousness is external to them. This is the fool's belief. The truth is, is that everything in the universe makes up the "one god", we are simply shades of the same consciousness. Welcome to the real world, neo.

See Quantum Entanglement - each atom in the universe has a baseline level of consciousness or awareness (actual physics). Whenever an atom in the universe is observed by a consciousness, it's aware of it. The matter around you when not observed exists as a wave, no different then light. When observed, an atom instantaneously turns into a solid. The world around you is an illusion, to hide the fact from you that you ARE god. To know this, to actually accept this, would make this life experience devoid of meaning - and devoid of the lessons it's intended to teach you. See all matter around you as different shades of yourself, and love it in this manner - and then maybe, you'll get what actual faith is.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join