It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been lied to : Christians , Muslims , Jews - all worship the same God

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

If religion is the truth, it is the truth no matter if you follow it or not

edit on 26-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

But one Mans truth is another Mans lie.

The truth is more like shades of grey, never quite as black and white as we like to convince ourselves.

Perspective is after all a cruel mistresses.

edit on 26-9-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
No, you are the one saying nothing at all. Over and over again. You are responding to intelligent, well thought out responses in an obtuse, belligerant way, and when you get backed into a corner, you come out as the victim.. "I feel attacked..".

It is not hateful to ascribe to a belief. It is not bigoted to differentiate one religion from the next. They are seperate for a reason and you can't force everyone into your way of thinking. No matter how many ad hominems you throw out or good arguments you ignore. I can't believe how many times you can make the same stale argument without coming out with anything of substance.

You remind me of a PC policeman, but since so many people already hate Christians you are somehow getting a positive response. I am grateful for your thread for the sole reason that so many great minds have come on and given responses of value.. so for that, I say Thank you.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

You haven't backed me into a corner, that is just another example of one of your attacks.

I'm trying to keep the thread on track, because so many want to turn it into a arguement on me and what I do or do not know, or turn it into an arguement of us verse them or act like they have held some enlightenment beyond all reason...

Just because it is a "well thought out response" doesn't mean it isn't hostile or trying to take the thread somewhere were someone can trap the conversation into a straw man about Jesus and the cross, or the NWO, or Masons, or Lilith or anything else.

When it starts with "OP couldn't be further from the truth" or "OP needs to learn betterer", it is going to be taken as an attack, plenty of people have left comments and gotten no response or a thank you.

I'm just making sure a very simple thing stays simple
edit on 26-9-2016 by fatkid because: Templar

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah but people seem to think they are 100% right and others are 100% wrong, and when you take this stance it leaves little room for conversation and compromise. If you come out of the box thinking/believing/knowing the other guy can in no way be right, not even a little bit, all you can hope for is forceful conversion or fundamental changes in society

edit on 26-9-2016 by fatkid because: Can can

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The old saying "I know that I know nothing" sounds about right.

Humanity in its present form Is infantile, we are scared of the dark really.

Organised religion is primarily responsible for the retardation and inability to think freely for ourselves.

Don't get me wrong I can entertain the possibility of a creator. I just don't think it would require our worship. Or anything else for matter humanity has to offer, especially not our monies.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

So you think you and fatkid should tell people what to think about their religion?

To micromanage a thread to the point of telling people who they are worshiping when they have obviously put a great deal of thought and study into the matter is the opposite of free thinking.

I find it interesting that the general bias is that anyone who holds to a particular belief is doing so at the expense of thoughtful study. Any well-informed intelligent person reading this thread should be able to see otherwise-- if their own personal biases don't get in the way, that is.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

"So you think you and fatkid should tell people what to think about their religion?"

Nope not in the slightest, i think you should be able to think as you wish, and don't let anyone tell you any different.

Worship is a human construct, nothing more nothing less, it serves its purpose, that being control.

Can you not see the pattern in all this religious gibberish?

You don't need religion to commune with a creator , group consciousness.

After all you were apparently created in his image.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I would say the religious revolution is just as important as agriculture and metal working for the foundation of society as we know it...... It is hard to say that it retards society, it was probably the only thing that could of held a larger society together 5000 years ago, other than war, what other reason is there for large groups of people to form, pilgrimage Is a great way to migrate people.

Having large cities just for food doesnt really add up, people would of just grown their own food and stayed more tribal.

The need to be close to the place of worship is a great way to gather people up.
edit on 26-9-2016 by fatkid because: Eir

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Religion served its purpose, time for humanity to grow up lose the absente father complex and decide its own future and fate.

Who knows, should we actually develop the technology to explore our universe we might even meet our creator out there.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Zosimov it isn't "your" religion, it is God's religion.

Nobody is "micro-managing" the thread, the entire post is about the three religions sharing the same God, I don't know why you want to change the topic so bad, and make it about Jesus Christ while the OP specifically saying I'm not debating Jesus being the son of God.....

That is a different debate - if you can't see that, that is a different debate, it means you are too emotionally invested to have a rational conversation, you want Jesus to be the centerpiece of all religious discussion so you keep trying to force the conversation in that direction.

edit on 26-9-2016 by fatkid because: Oo

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Well, I'm not sure what you consider worship. I can tell you that my relationship with God entails studying His Word,studying in general, enjoying life and this earth, treating others kindly, (which obviously goes awry sometimes) prayers of gratitude and thanks, and prayer requests for myself/family/strangers which are often lovingly answered. I fall short in the charity aspect, I sadly admit, but give when I see someone in need (these days the pockets are thin myself--but I do trust that I will have my daily bread). I don't attend a church myself but meet with a group so that I can discuss the Bible and try to stay on track.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You might even say that was the purpose of building the megaliths.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Did I mention Jesus at all? I ascribe to a particular religion, and therefore I qualified it as such. I never claimed to own the religion, but I do follow it. You are so obsessed with keeping the thread on track but the truth is that the thread would have died a long time ago as you have one and only one point that has been challenged by some but you don't agree.

One God created all. There. You happy?

edit on 26-9-2016 by zosimov because: carried away sorry

edit on 26-9-2016 by zosimov because: carried away and I dislike arguing.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It think small group bible study is a great idea, you usually get a lot more out of the situation, but can be blind leading the blind.

Large churches are just based at giving a group of people here weekly dose of God so the material is usually much less in depth.

Both have their purpose

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Everyone prayers in one form or another, point is we don't need a priest or religion to do it.

As to the charity aspect, the distribution of wealth amongst our respective populations is the real issue. Keeping in mind that charity begins at home and this place sure ain't the garden of Eden any more.
edit on 26-9-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Amen.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

It all started with Sun worship. Which is essentially where all the abrahamic religious derive there origin.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

It think small group bible study is a great idea, you usually get a lot more out of the situation, but can be blind leading the blind.

Large churches are just based at giving a group of people here weekly dose of God so the material is usually much less in depth.

Both have their purpose

Well here is something we can agree upon!

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You said

"One of the main tenets of Christianity is the resurrection of Christ. Both Judaism and Islam deny the resurrection. In fact, Islam teaches that Judas, not Christ was crucified"

and

"Jesus taught his followers to love their enemy, to bless those who curse them"

And

"I can assure you, the teaching of Mohammed is not the same as that of Jesus."

And

"I am a Christian and have benefited to the core from my conversion. No amount of ridicule or insults could turn me away from the love of God.

And yes, I believe God created us all so of course there is only one God"

-----
You think that even mentioning that Muslims worship the God of Abraham is ridicule and insults???

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join