It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvel's Luke Cage on Netflix

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hard day today but I was ready to sit down and watch the first episode. To my dismay I could not find it. Then I found out it doesn't start until next Friday (9-30-16). Needless to say, I am looking forward to this. I liked Power Man when I was a kid. Not sure why they changed it to just Luke Cage. Theo Rossi is in it too. Should be good.
edit on 9/23/2016 by Blueracer because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I saw the trailer for it today and I'm hoping it'll be good. I'm looking forward to another season of Jessica Jones too, if they ever get around to it. Wonder who the villain will be this time.
dun Dun DUN.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Bit excited!

He's a total hottie.
Friday Sept 30

edit on 23-9-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
im not looking forward to this one at all.
i did not like jessica jones. dont like cages character in that show.

i love me some super hero movies/shows and the like but there are just too many out there.
a good deal of them are not good.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I was on the fence about Jessica Jones. It felt more like a drama than a superhero show. Also Jones and Cage both have the exact same, basic "powers"... they are just really, really tough! Talk about creativity.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I was on the fence about Jessica Jones. It felt more like a drama than a superhero show. Also Jones and Cage both have the exact same, basic "powers"... they are just really, really tough! Talk about creativity.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
ok. so nothing i wrote showed up in the above

i really wanted to get into jessica jones. i like krysten ritter. anytime there is a female super hero out i give it a shot with high hopes.
that show was just not good.
supergirl sucks balls too.
hopefully wonder woman will be bad ass. she was in the b v s movie.

i want to see a show developed with cable and rachel summers. that would be some good #.
scarlett witch would be awesome in a stand alone also

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I grew up on comics so I love what they can do with movies and shows now. I thought Jessica Jones was alright. Purple Man was a great villain. Dare Devil has been awesome. I thought Power Man was cool when I read comics as a kid. Not sure why they changed him to just Luke Cage though. Anyway, I hope this show turns out to be good. There are so many stories from the comics that they could do on tv that the well will never run dry. I hope they keep them coming.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I enjoyed Jessica Jones, my wife did too and she's not into comic books or these shows much.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Just watched the first episode. i really liked it.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I've been enjoying up to episode 8 now.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Too bloody RACIAL.

After 2 and a half episodes I quit.

First episode black lives matter.

Second episode throw around the n word.

Third episode 'keep harlem black'.

Such a shame.

Stick with Jessica Jones that's apolitical.

edit on 1-10-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
DP
edit on 2-10-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Sorry Harlem isn't white enough for you lmfao, you may as well ask for Indian Bollywood films to not be Indian to suit your 'I prefer to only see white people on TV' mentality FFS.
Gross.

Congrats Marvel you outdid yourselves!!!!!

The music, the film artistry, set design, cinematography the rich cultural insight into Harlem. Magnificent film making.
I loved it, This will take emmys and golden globes.
The characters were so well cast, Misty is a really good actress, a woman with gumption.

Better than Jessica and Daredevil, but I love those two also.

You rock Marvel and Netflix!!!

edit on 2-10-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Sorry Harlem isn't white enough for you lmfao, you may as well ask for Indian Bollywood films to not be Indian to suit your 'I prefer to only see white people on TV' mentality FFS. Gross.

Beats those that are glorifying black on black violence such as Luke Cage.

Epitomizing the 'angry black man,drug dealing, corrupt politicians in bed with a drug king pin. Whose moniker was 'the end justifies the means.

As to history of Harlem. What happened to it is the same thing that happened to Detroit.

I'd rather watch comic books HEROS sans politics.

ETA.

Marvel and netflix did throw in the token white guy.

Golf clap.

ETA. again.

Can't believe I forgot the 'super' hero runs around in a hoodie.

But hey I always love it when people tell me WHAT i think.

edit on 2-10-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You watched 2 and 1/2 episodes and pretend you know the entire series enough to judge it in total.

Bah,

Yeah it had race stuff in it, it was in Harlem for crying out loud. The show IF you watched the whole thing covered multiple angles. I'll admit it fell short in some places but really succeeded in others.

Overall I enjoyed the show for what it was, and accepted much of the racial background because honestly how the # can you do a black superhero fighting crime in Harlem while avoiding the concept of race or the politics of the day entirely?

Sometimes I think people have impossible to meet expectations, and this is coming from someone who has quite loudly spoken out against the very concept of race on numerous occasions.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

You watched 2 and 1/2 episodes and pretend you know the entire series enough to judge it in total.

Yep but hey don't listen to me, and make up snip like others here.

Luke Cage puts race at the center of the story

So yall gonna have to excuse me for passing on yet another series with moronic 'writing' from hollywood.
edit on 3-10-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
And then don't EVEN get me started about the HISTORICAL inaccuaries about the revolutionary war 'hero' that was supposedly shot by the british.

Because WE ALL KNOW 'blacks' didn't win their freedom until the civil war.

Didn't get the right to vote to well after.

So hey.

Keep on raging how 'awesome' marvel and netflix is.

They should borrow sony's slogan of 'make believe.

Of course completely IGNORE that other RACE that still lives on 'fema' camps today call reservations.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just finished episode 10 and I enjoy it so far.

There are some racial themes going on but to say that it's the focus of the show is disingenuous.

My opinion is only those who are hyper sensitive about race are going to view it that way.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I just finished the season. After about the 4th episode it started to get almost a bit boring. Cottonmouth was great. But he eventually got old. Yeah he was interesting. But after awhile, he seemed weak and all he had was that laugh. Mariah was good but not great yet. Shades...He had a badass reputation but didn't really show why until near the end of the season. Turns out, he seemed to be the mastermind at the end. He's controlling everything without letting anyone know he is controlling it all.

I wanted to see more out of it all. Still, it was a good show. I'd give it a 7. Not as good as DareDevil but better than Jessica Jones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join