It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Aide Being Investigated for Ties to Kremlin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant
Well, that's the first thing that we agree on, but that's not the world we live in today. Putin is slowly trying to reestablish the old Soviet sphere of influence, which of course is causing friction with NATO. What's going on in Syria right now scares the # out of me. People are NOT taking that situation seriously enough. Russian and American warplanes in the same airspace bombing opposing targets and backing opposing sides. It's the closest to a hot war we've ever gotten and no one seems to realize this. If WWIII starts anywhere within the next few years, it starts there...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Neocon? Lmao. I've been called many things in life but I honestly didn't see that one coming. I'm a social liberal, I bleed blue. I believe in gay marriage, gun control, and a woman's right to choose ( I also think pot should be legal). That said, I think Putin is a dangerous man and no politician, dem or rep, should be cozying up to him.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Vdogg

Leave Syria then. Problem solved. Probably a good idea to stop sending weapons to Islamist radicals.

You have a neocon view of foreign policy. There is no reason for Russia to be America's enemy.

If America wants to defeat the Islamic State it should cooperate, fully, with Russia on the issue. The Russians want them gone as much as America does.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

At the heart of the tale are several men, leaders of the Canadian mining industry, who have been major donors to the charitable endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family. Members of that group built, financed and eventually sold off to the Russians a company that would become known as Uranium One.

Whatever.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Russia sure seems to be spending a lot of time bombing Syrian rebels and aid convoys if their goal is truly to defeat ISIS. I think they are more than happy to see us entangled in that mess and not able to pay attention to their other endeavors. That said, you're right we shouldn't be in Syria, or Iraq for that matter. In fact, we should abandon the whole Middle East entirely (including Israel) and let them sort their mess out themselves. The only country we legitimately had a right to invade was Afghanistan. Problem is, Obama TRIED to stay out of Syria. Republicans called him weak, and said he needed to take stronger action. Well, he took stronger action and now were embroiled in this mess that republicans now say he should've never got involved with in the first place, lol. Fact is, for whatever the reason, we're there now and we have to win.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The Convoy wasn't bombed. The UN admitted this.

The Syrian rebels are part of the problem. No distinction should be made between Radical Islamists regardless of what label they choose to give themselves. They should not receive any help from the United States.

The US attacking the Syrian Army isn't exactly helping. They are the legitimate military of the country after all.

Obama was screeching for war in Syria since 2013, ever since that Ghoutta Chemical Attack. Congress voted no IIRC. The people were against it. Then in 2014 The Islamic State's Iraqi branch rose up and swept across Iraq, Obama decided to intervene and then the US unilaterally expanded into Syria.

As far as i'm aware, the Republicans didn't have much to do with this.

Either leave and let the Russians defeat the terrorists or work with them towards the same goal. It's really that simple.
edit on -050008pm9kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Lol doesnt mean it has anything to do with reality..Hillary IS amember of the CFR. vastly more important

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

www.washingtontimes.com...

Congressional Republicans on Sunday ratcheted up pressure on the White House to intervene in Syria, saying the United States “has sat on the sidelines for too long” amid increasing evidence that the Assad regime used chemical weapons on civilians. They called for action as President Obama weighs evidence of a toxic attack in suburban Damascus. Several hundred Syrians, including women and children, were killed in Wednesday’s artillery assault, though the exact death toll and details of the attack remain murky.

This is from a very conservative source btw.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Hmm, well I guess i was wrong about that. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Typical warhawk Republicans I guess. I think things would be much better if the both parties distanced themselves from their warhawk factions.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vdogg
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowedCongressional Democrat starts investigation = political hack job. Congressional Republican starts investigation = grave matter that needs to be taken seriously. Yup...seems legit, lol.

All you actually need to do to know what a POS Harry Reid is, is a tiny bit of researching his past exploits, backroom deals, Obama's bag man, and the list of Harry's corruption is quickly catching up with the Clinton body count..

IT IS LEGIT- and the only lol is in seeing your response.
edit on 23-9-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Totally agreed there, but so long as war=money, that will never happen. There are very powerful interests that will benefit substantially from us being in perpetual war.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Russia? An ally?

See now I believe in the Mandela effect.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Three words
Mutually Insured Destruction

That's the best your going to get.
Take it from the baby boomer you learn to live with it.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I really do not see the connection here to any possible reason WHY this investigation... Private or business does not matter. In normal democracy you can meet and greet you like. If not then oppressive communistic states such as in Obamania, where ownership of privat business serves you a death penalty by IRS.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Since none of them are actual members of the govt at this time, why exactly can they not speak to people in Russia?

How does this warrant an investigation?

I think most of our sanctions against russia are crap anyways, you dont keep the peace by strangling people on the other side of the ideological line...

When people are at the end of their rope thats how you get people like Hitler. (treaty of Versailles)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

This seems to be a very serious matter. Wouldn't be surprised to see news of Page resigning in the next few days.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

One of Donald Trump's foreign policy advisers said Monday he was stepping down from the campaign, while pushing back on allegations that he had engaged in private communications with top Russian officials. Carter Page said in an interview with Washington Post columnist Josh Rogin that the claims were "just complete garbage,” but nonetheless he had chosen to take a leave of absence from campaign become the accusations were causing a "distraction." Page decision came on the heels of a report by Yahoo News Friday that U.S. intelligence officials were looking into whether he met privately with Kremlin-aligned Russian figures while on a trip to Moscow in July.

I should have bet money...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vdogg
I imagine our intelligence agencies monitor all communications with high ranking Russian officials, as they should. Russia sure as hell is spying on us.

Everyone spies on everybody. But, the citizens themselves are not allowed to even spy on the Gov. Every talk is in closed doors. If I was the President. I'd slap on a camera and do all talks open to the population of the country. We have the technology.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

When someone is trying to end corrupt Capitalism, they get blamed as communist. America is not run as a capitalist in the past either. It is a god dam republic. Corporations do no rule over the people. Going back to village like = called communist. Not paying taxes = called commuist. Calling people communism is the biggest scapegoat in history.

As Abraham Lincoln said, "Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."

This is one major reason they see China as a threat example. Chinese gov is exactly what Abe quotes a gov for the Chinese. They divide nations apart and rip them apart to follow their corrupt culture since Gunpowder Era.

More Lincoln quote:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
A house divided against itself cannot stand.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
Whatever you are, be a good one.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."

www.raabcollection.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join