It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom De Longe with answers about UFOs, Life, the Universe and Everything...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
My impression of Tom, God bless his poor little pea picking heart, is that he suffers cognitively when compared to the average person and easily duped.

A good piece of evidence of this is when he tries to describe things like God. He struggles with his vernacular. He has trouble conceptualizing and then expressing this conceptualization. The logic used to define his more abstract notions becomes blatantly fuzzy the longer he talks about them. These things seem to indicate that he has trouble holding information in short term memory long enough to piece together more complex ideas, that the more he employs lateral thinking the harder it is to maintain meaningful connections within the general framework of the idea, and that he hasn't worked with his own subject matter enough to have commanded a mastery of what it entails (he's not even an expert on his own theories and concepts).

I'm just underwhelmed. Its feels more like he's the 3rd stepbrother that should have been alongside Will Ferrell and John C Reilly. He woulda killed at the Catalina Wine Mixer.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

He's not actually that much younger than me. Certainly nowhere near a generation younger. But Tom doesn't seem too worldly wise to me. Perhaps being in a punk band does that to you. There again he seems to have entered into a number of business ventures and also written a book back in 2013

I would like to know is what his "idea" was that he supposedly he had. He said he has made his way into this 'secret ' group with a plan. A plan that will help in his quest to change the world. But he never revealed the plan.

Maybe his plan is actually to tell the world a pile of crap to cover up the real truth?

All my instincts tell me this story he's being fed is probably BS. But maybe a just a small fraction of it isn't?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I would like to know is what his "idea" was that he supposedly he had.

Well it seems to have been his whole multi-media marketing thing with the books and music and movies.

That was my takeaway.

I don't have a problem at all believing that this has little to do with money for Tom.

From the 19th century occult writers, to the modern day writers on all subjects strange and weird, you seldom find any rags-to-riches tales. Most of the dominant writers, those that drove the narrative, had money, came from money and spent it furthering their writing careers.

Certain folks can't resist the pull of dominating that conversation.

What makes Tom interesting, to me anyway, when it comes to these folks is that he can't write. There have been others that couldn't write well, but Tom just flat out cannot write for himself.

But maybe a just a small fraction of it isn't (BS)?

Stressing once more that ATS represents "What The Market Will Bear (WMWB?)" in terms of servings of UFO stories, I would go so far as to suggest that if it sounds reasonable at all that we probably have already figured it out on some thread around here.

edit on 25-9-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Finished listening, on to Linda Moulton Howe's interview next.

Obviously it pays to take all this (not just Tom, but others "revealing secrets" )with a grain of salt.

I enjoyed the interview. If any of it is true...and I suspect at least some of it was...very cool! A lot of it makes sense. He's a Lazar believer, and said his next book, non-fiction, will be Bob's bio, kind of. I take this, Hunt for the Skinwalker, Vallee's books etc and kind of take what works for me. We'll see down the road how it all shakes out

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Well Tom was certainly a lot more forthcoming in the interview than he was on the terrible AMA on here and even the interview he gave to George Knapp of C2C AM.

I would urge people who are interested to give the interview at the start of the OP a listen and decide for themselves.

As regards the LMH interview. I think you will find, for what reasons I don't know, that despite Jimmy Church's ability to talk for hours he hardly gets a word in edge way. Linda almost interviews herself !

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I wonder if the award winning Strange Harvest journalist had any idea what she would be doing approximately 35 years later?

My feeling is that, someone had an idea of what they wanted and they got their wish.

Perhaps looking at Tom, and certain other ufologists I can propose a process of where things might go for them

- Researcher makes 'x' assertion
- Ego is fed via various 'players' reinforcing a new aspect to the theory - transformation to Expert researcher
- expert researcher is transformed into Celebrity Expert by a key whistleblower and opportune media exposure
- mainstream ridicule destroys wide acceptance of all view points thanks to media sabotage
- Celebrity Expert becomes a ufological guru to a select sub audience of ufology
- Pressure to continue status and income means more outlandish theories are not only accepted but promoted - eventually going beyond personal beliefs

- Left with a small core audience of believers, the researcher is isolated from both wider ufology and the mainstream and their original theories are totally discredited

edit on 25-9-2016 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Finished listening, on to Linda Moulton Howe's interview next.

There's an espresso sized cup of crazy for you.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Haha we'll see!
I've only seen her in a few ufo shows in small clips...so I'm not real familiar with her

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I thought the "insiders" supposedly telling Tom there were heroes on the other side(Soviets) who had the good sense not to start WWIII during the Knapp interview was interesting. I dont really give Tom credit for coming up with such a comment so maybe there is some truth to story.

One has to wonder what the motive is if they are coming forward. Has there been a changing of the guard with a different ideology or maybe they know the aliens plan to reveal themselves soon? The cover stories have been largely sucessful, most people still scoff at the idea alien visitation on the same level as fairies.

edit on 25-9-2016 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Linda has been all about Linda for decades. ;-)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Well Tom was certainly a lot more forthcoming in the interview than he was on the terrible AMA on here and even the interview he gave to George Knapp of C2C AM.

Doing ATS radio show for 5 years I learned a few wee tricks, I believe the technique to get someone to engage you is called "arse kissing".

Church spends the first part of the interview falling all over him, and does something I rarely did:
He questions to puff out the proposition of the guest (like an infomercial) not engage in a conversation where it is ok to question your guest without insulting them, but making them accountable for their claims.

If I had a chance to do a hour podcast with TDL, would be a little different

edit on 26-9-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
You could give it a try, I bet it would be appreciated by the ATS community. I would certainly enjoy listening to it if you do the interview

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I don't buy ET never kills abductees.
I allow this for a FACTION but not all Ets.
Just the ones holding THIS planet.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

.... Researcher makes 'x' assertion
- Ego is fed via various 'players' reinforcing a new aspect to the theory - transformation to Expert researcher
- expert researcher is transformed into Celebrity Expert by a key whistleblower and opportune media exposure
- mainstream ridicule destroys wide acceptance of all view points thanks to media sabotage
- Celebrity Expert becomes a ufological guru to a select sub audience of ufology
- Pressure to continue status and income means more outlandish theories are not only accepted but promoted - eventually going beyond personal beliefs.......

Yep that sums up a lot of people involved in fringe topics who make a living out of their 'research'. I think many of them start with good intentions and a genuine desire to find answers. However when the answers aren't forthcoming or worse still the answers don't fit with their preconceived notions something changes them.

Some drop out of the subject completely. Some decide to follow the cash and give their audiences what they want to hear. Even becoming completely unscrupulous (cough! pictures of a mummified child spring to mind.) I have even heard the John Titor and SERPO stories revived recently despite them being debunked long ago.

However there are still a few good guys out there.

As for TDL. We'll see how it all pans out. Especially now he's working with Bob Lazar on his autobiography and has submitted 'a plan' to the very people who possibly know more about Bob Lazar's time at S4 than Bob does!

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
oh tom, yeah he's got that "i have all the answers about ufo's etc blah blah" superiority thing going on where he feels he's gained access to the "club"
heard it all before,he sounds like mike from around the world talking about how cern is pulling back the veil and letting entities through to usher in the antichrist LOL.

so predictable. i get it,we all feel we know the truth and were in the loop.
this cult like group he's infiltraited,consiousness blah blah......

ooh nooo im not a benowits......

this is what the ufo field does,it will melt your brain if you let it,thats what it does by design.

what next? how its all written in the book of revalation or genisis?
i read a book or two and watched a bunch of youtubes but i guess ive never walked past guards with
machine guns into windowless rooms though so tom must know the truth eh.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
whats frustrating about this for me is that i have been exactly where tom is in his hunt for the truth
i think we all have who study the field,if he's having fun with it then fine,good but changing the world?
i dont think so.tom does not reveal any new infomation or he says he cant talk about it,that is a cop out.

im not saying he's not speaking some truth here but its nothing new it goes nowhere and i doubt it will go anywhere.
its funny he sounds just like me back in the day where i was convinced i had all the answers and it was just a constant circle of me running around with all these truths but to what end?

just feels like a bit of a facepalm now.so what tom? so what?

edit for a shout out to MIRAGEMAN for another great thread.class act.

edit on 26/9/2016 by stealthyaroura because: shout out

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

If it's not prying, may I ask, do you work in 1 of these fields?
N worries if you'd rather not answer. For what it's worth, i liked your post.

edit on 27-9-2016 by AbdulAlhazred because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So if praying to Jesus supposedly scares the would be Devils and wanna be God's, and these thing s have been around for thousands of years...

Wouldn't that mean your actually praying to them so they won't kill you or spread bits and pieces of one's ass all over a village...just like most God's in pretty much all mythos...

If there not gods or devils...then why would one pray to them or ask jesus not to kill them by saying lord have mercy and spare my being smitten all o er the plave..that doesn't sounds like sweet baby jesus.

Celebrities...to think I'm supposed to be envious of guys like this for their wealth...not so much time really tho.
edit on 27-9-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

What he said is that it's your intent, and the positive vibes...for lack of better term...that puts these things off. It's not like Jesus or whoever is answering prayers. It comes from the person.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Intent huh? Go on.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join