It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom De Longe with answers about UFOs, Life, the Universe and Everything...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The spoon bending story makes for a cool story but not all that realistic.

Fist of all spoon bending is an old trick and stage magicians have been using it in more ways than one for years.

Two, why would this magic guru need the guy to get one from the kitchen?? Was there nothing available near by like a pen or spoon for a cup of coffee or perhaps a car key or something??? Or why not just use your mind to move something in the room already. Is his magic a sub set of magical knowledge that only effects cutlery or what???

Everything he's saying is always about "some high level people" "4 star multiple PHD" or someone in the know, but he can't tell anyone. Also can't tell anyone of any of the amazing stuff that might get him killed. Because people in the know I'm sure would trust some ex-rock star to have that knowledge which could ruin their dedicated secrecy for decades. They can be sure he won't tell anyone, but if he did he's gone. I don't buy it.

If anything he says is even true, which I don't have any reason to believe he'd be knowingly scamming people. I'd say he's being played. For what reason I'm not too sure but with all the disinfo everywhere and within everything I'm sure it benefits someone's agenda.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's interesting to note that he does well covering many different angles, yet seems riddled with so much bs it's hard not to keep a straight face. .....however, in between all that he seems to hit some curious topics and remarkable angles.

Having had the opportunity to step back for a while and re-examine Tom's musing, I'd say he's hitting the nail on the head i.e. this phenomenon is directly tied to the esoteric and faith baised beliefs. He also mentions conciousness and intent also IMO directly tied because they all illustrate the woo that exists outside the control system.

All that said, as 1's and 0's living in said control system the truth is very much an onion. Peel back some layers and there's many more beyond. Can an avatar know he's an avatar?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

If anything he says is even true, which I don't have any reason to believe he'd be knowingly scamming people. I'd say he's being played. For what reason I'm not too sure but with all the disinfo everywhere and within everything I'm sure it benefits someone's agenda.

Yeah, Toms...

It's called marketing. Books, new Movie, new band, trendy new age store in LA, all targeted to a new demographic lusting for answers. In a way, it's brilliant from a capitalist standpoint. Showmanship and hucksterism in the grand ole tradition of P. T. Barnum.

HL Mencken....Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public. I think Tom might be a student of ole HL M.

edit on 23-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
It's interesting to note that he does well covering many different angles, yet seems riddled with so much bs it's hard not to keep a straight face. .....however, in between all that he seems to hit some curious topics and remarkable angles.

Having had the opportunity to step back for a while and re-examine Tom's musing, I'd say he's hitting the nail on the head i.e. this phenomenon is directly tied to the esoteric and faith baised beliefs. He also mentions conciousness and intent also IMO directly tied because they all illustrate the woo that exists outside the control system.

All that said, as 1's and 0's living in said control system the truth is very much an onion. Peel back some layers and there's many more beyond. Can an avatar know he's an avatar?

If the avatar could think... maybe...but it cant, so no.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah, but didn't he already have all that stuff. Money, success, followers, celebrity status, etc.

Why throw it all away to try and collect off the fringe UFO angle???

Are UFO chicks that much better than Rocker Chicks???
Are the UFO fans that much cooler than the Rocker Fans???
I doubt it.

It seems to have made him into a lost hero for many people. I don't see this as a step up for him but a definite step down and one he didn't have to make as things were going fine before he switched rolls.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Yeah, but didn't he already have all that stuff. Money, success, followers, celebrity status, etc.

Why throw it all away to try and collect off the fringe UFO angle???

Are UFO chicks that much better than Rocker Chicks???
Are the UFO fans that much cooler than the Rocker Fans???
I doubt it.

It seems to have made him into a lost hero for many people. I don't see this as a step up for him but a definite step down and one he didn't have to make as things were going fine before he switched rolls.

Dude gets tired of playing gigs and likes ufo's.
Says to himself...
"self, I could run with this because who would give all this up to chase aliens???"
"No one self, you would have instant cred"
"Let's do it self"

Mystery solved.
edit on 23-9-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Says to himself...
"self, I could run with this because who would give all this up to chase aliens???"
"Let's do it self"

Mystery solved.

LOL
Maybe....

But if that is how it went down I'd say he should have gotten some advice from someone other than "self". Because I don't that "self" knew what the hell he was talking about.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Says to himself...
"Let's do it self"

Mystery solved.

LOL
Maybe....

But if that is how it went down I'd say he should have gotten some advice from someone other than "self". Because I don't that "self" knew what the hell he was talking about.

Agreed!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I see what you mean...perhaps it's ego like the wealthy real estate man that see's himself as the leader of the free world.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

LOLOL

Now that sounds like a more solid theory right there!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

LOLOL

Now that sounds like a more solid theory right there!!!

Has he started selling his own line of crystals yet?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
There are stories of Ancient Astronauts roaming the galaxies for eons,

What if it were true?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

What if it were true?

Guess we all just need to think happy happy thoughts

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

What if it were true?

Then I'd say by now they've seen enough of us to know we're too stupid and dangerous to let us go too far out into the galactic neighborhood and too foolish to be entertaining anymore.

So they just keep an eye on us from afar with a gravitational transit modifier ready to smash a comet into us if we start getting out of hand.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm listening to the whole conflagration now, but wanted to add at the moment that:

If Tom's book "Really freaked a lot of people out. Like: Really"?

Then ATS should be expecting an orbital strike any second now. Or even 3 or 4 years ago.

edit on 23-9-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

uhm, i think we may be watching the start of the new church of delongeology?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dan00
I'm listening to the whole conflagration now, but wanted to add at the moment that:

If Tom's book "Really freaked a lot of people out. Like: Really"?

Then ATS should be expecting an orbital strike any second now. Or even 3 or 4 years ago.

Nah

Aliens made first contact in New Pudsey long ago. Old news.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is sad he sounds schizophrenic

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It looks to me like he is discovering a lot of things about UFO's that are actually true, but not all UFO's can be put in the "Aligned with Evil" category. Some do not feed on negative emotions. I think he is being fed SOME false information to protect some agenda within the military industrial complex.. How much is false can still be discerned by careful and personal research, plus experience.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Tom is playing the "consciousness" card because he has likely learned at ATS that pulling that one out typically renders the subject unassailable.

He has also pulled the ol' neo-Platonism card.

Those are two of the many ways that you can tell that he is full of crap.

Does anyone know if he has personally reported any sort of abduction experiences? I am beginning to smell a Strieber.

It's going to be interesting to watch the strange corners that this pushes Tom in to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join