It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Introducing NEW Zodiac Sign - Ophiuchus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Back in the day...

There was a man who was the most famous man in the entire world.

He was Elvis, Einstein, Reagan, and Bill Gates all rolled into one.

Because for the first moment in world history
there were newspapers in many countries,
and everyone wanted to read about
this one superstar.

The man who tamed the ghosts of the ancient worlds superstitions.

Who invented the lightning rod and tamed the heavens,

who discovered electricity

and endorsed
the Leyden Jar.

The first modern Scientist. Benjamin Franklin. The first modern Statesman.

This man was so famous
that he was able to form his own country.

One that he wanted to make a safe environment for the study of science.

And he got it.

And the explosion in science is nearly unmeasurable.

The illuminati and the new world order are the sounds
of the uninventive gambling over who's going to own the inventions.

I don't think he was a horned god worshipper,
even though He was born on the cusp of Ophiuchus.

Here is the seal, Benjamin Franklin intended for our money.
Drawn by his own hand.
It is a sundial.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 23-9-2016 by mikegrouchy because: last picture

edit on 23-9-2016 by mikegrouchy because: picture change

edit on 23-9-2016 by mikegrouchy because: grammar

edit on 23-9-2016 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2016 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
13th constellation is not something new at all. It is known for decades that Sun doesn't travel through just through 12 signs, there were articles about this years ago. Similarly to what Teotwaw said they should have included also the Whale constellation. Sun changes it's path over the years, so the Zodiac now and 1000 and 2000 years ago cant be the same, but i have no idea how that affects horoscopes.

Strictly speaking zodiac can never be completely exact, since constellationa are not of equal size, each sign in astrology covers 30° (360/12) of sky. To match astronomic and astrologic division of sky, zodiac signs should be of different lengths than now, but i doubt astrology will change soon, if they didn't incorporate Ophicius so far, i dont expect them to do it now...

But i do wonder what aspects should be given to 13th and 14th constellation...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The fact NASA is making an official, public announcement about Ophiuchus is not just happenstance from my perspective. The "hidden" and formerly left out constellation is now out in the open despite plenty of people being aware of it for years and that the sun does indeed travel through it, apparent from Earth.

I think astronomy and astrology used to be one and was applied by the esoteric masters who advised leaders on such forces of nature but was banished from the masses so only the 12-sliced pie was available for the uninitiated.

Just my two copper pennies.

On second thought, I wonder if the symbol will begin appearing in all sorts of places.
edit on 23-9-2016 by tweetie because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

The fact NASA is making an official, public announcement about Ophiuchus

They didn't.
The OP is a Gish galloping glob of goo.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Sky Eye gives some Greek mythology.

I like Sky Eye!! I found them a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

OK, it wasn't an "official, public announcement" in the sense of it being highlighted on the front page of one of NASA's adult websites but it's on their children's website as a means to discourage children from giving any credence to what I will call "public astrology." I will give you that and I take back only that part.

HOWEVER. The fact it has been picked up by a Fox TV station and a story written about it will ensure it makes the rounds (again).

Every so often the 13 sign zodiac story comes out from somewhere, is discussed for a while then forgotten.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

There are still only 12 signs of the zodiac.
Ophiuchus is above the zodiac, or plane of the ecliptic, between Sagittarius and Scorpius. I suppose you could include it as the thirteenth since it’s boundary does encroach on the zodiac a little but then don’t forget Orion. Orion is on the opposite end of the zodiac, below and between Taurus and Gemini.

Since Earth’s axis is tilted, the plane of the ecliptic appears higher and lower in the night sky depending on the season. We see Ophiuchus above the zodiac in the summer and Orion below in the winter but neither is not part of the zodiac.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

HOWEVER. The fact it has been picked up by a Fox TV station and a story written about it will ensure it makes the rounds (again).
"Picked up?" Ok, sure. Kylee posts some real earth shattering stuff.
fox59.com...

edit on 9/23/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krneki
It is known for decades that Sun doesn't travel through just through 12 signs...
Sun changes it's path over the years, so the Zodiac now and 1000 and 2000 years ago cant be the same,
The Sun does just travel through 12 signs and they remain the same. Precession of the equinox does not change this.

but i have no idea how that affects horoscopes.
We measure what ‘age’, or astrological sign, we are in on the first day of spring just before sunrise with the alignment of that particular constellation. Right now we are in Pisces and slowly precessing into Aquarius. You could do the same with your birthdate yet because we have precessed since the inception of modern astrology the signs are not correct. Just about all of our birth signs are wrong.

edit on 9/23/2016 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Scary people both Franklin and Bush jr quite a few bodies are turning up

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

myweb.tiscali.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'm inclined to agree with this statement - chances are, this particular sign was known at the time but never considered.

On the side, I don't get why everyone would freak out - 12 signs I'm a Scorpio, 13 I become a Libra-Scorpio cusp. Regardless of the case, I still have the traits of a Scorpio (which I have always had even before I ever looked up my sign - aka "Don't mess with me"), still seem to be attracted to the same personality types. I hope people don't let their sign dictate how they are as a person. I was born this way

-fossilera

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
double

edit on 23-9-2016 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Can you provide a link to NASA, you know, where they revealed Ophiuchus?

Potato, patato...

“Here at NASA, we study astronomy, not astrology,” they wrote in a post to their Tumblr.”We didn’t change any zodiac signs, we just did the math.”
nasa.tumblr.com...

Following that, they pointed out the fact that no matter what the back of your favorite alt-weekly tells you, the new constellation isn’t exactly new. As you might expect, being that it’s a constellation that’s visible from Earth with the naked eye, Ophiuchus has been on our radar for a long, long time. In fact, the inventors of the zodiac knew about it and left it out so that the zodiac would jibe better with their 12-month calendar.

So they revealed it, to people that did not know it yet.

SF boncho, interesting thread!

edit on 23-9-2016 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Can you provide a link to NASA, you know, where they revealed Ophiuchus?

NASA.com - IT WAS IN THE OP (btw)

Before you reply, let me save you the effort... You might quote that "it's always been there" or something or other. Or that maybe NASA even mentioned this earlier.

NASA Official: Kristen Erickson
Webmaster: Nancy Leon
Contact NASA Space Place
Last Updated: September 23rd, 2016

What I will respond with, is: "You are not accounting for The Matrix Effect

We are now at a point in time, where anything said by an official media source is instantly manifested into reality. They could CGI a death of a celebrity & it would be fact the next day.

For some reason, Fox is running this. When Fox or any other media run something, it trends, when it trends it becomes reality. Though you have the NASA source now anyone, so does that make your posts "glish gobbling goo?"

I realize you don't believe there is an overarching conspiracy to control or influence the world, but if you ask a simple question of "Cui Bono" you will see that you have the option of either:

1-believing the largest, most advanced, most powerful, most heavily funded military in the world, is constantly making completely ridiculous, idiot, moronic "mistakes" (whoops, we didn't mean to bomb that, oh we destroyed a country, oh, our actions created ISIS, oh those weapons & trucks we gave untrained Iraqis and told to go sit out in unfortified positions were acquired by ISIS after they were killed? ---type mistakes) ----they are so incredibly stupid, yet incredibly unquestioned, and in their ineptness, SOMEHOW, their actions and mistakes, keep causing their stated policy objectives to unfold, or at least benefit them in some way......

......or

2-You know, just...well, look at who benefits. With everything. Look at the long term and then analyze the play, because "gasp" some stuff is planned.

Feel free to point out the False Dilemma Fallacy, but then Ill point out Fallacy Fallacy. (Just because something is a Fallacy, doesn't mean its wrong)
edit on 24-9-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

The fact NASA is making an official, public announcement about Ophiuchus

They didn't.
The OP is a Gish galloping glob of goo.

I know you are but what am I?

I monitor what trends, this topic started trending. I'm posting some Twitter examples, but it's trending among large groups of people, across various social media. Snapchat, etc. Stuff I don't use but stuff people inform me of.

Today - Media = reality.

Ill also point out that when NASA did write its article, it chose this sign:

Over this sign:

Feel free to glooby dooby doob a response. Or do you just edit & delete when you are incorrect. Can't recall...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well that's lame...

I mean I don't go for all the astrology stuff but...

At the very least, I liked having a crab as a sign.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M NOT AQUARIUS ANYMORE?

Oh...you mean I am still aquarius?

Carry on then.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Just think America, people who become alarmed by silliness like this reproduce & vote.

No wonder our country's in the crapper.

K~

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
google says .... no they didn't. So you're not looking very credible.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Hey Boncho! Thanks for starting a thread about my Avatar......an interesting read indeed

(Registered 2010)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join