It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Vetoes Bill to Let 9/11 Families Sue Saudi Arabia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Why would he do this?

Saudi is a major 'ally' and of course our president has to protect that interest. Not sure which relationship is worse and more one sided, Saudi or Israel.

And second I wonder if there is worry of the other side of this coin happening. If this door was opened, and the idea of people of one nation suing another is entertained, I wonder if there is some worry some fingers would be pointed at us for litigation.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: reldra

Binary mentality is the devil!

www.scientificamerican.com...

Read this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Talk about my 'conservatism' in there.

So you are 2 things. Which 2?

I read our 'obama prophecy' earlier. You posted it earlier. You like to post things you posted before multiple times. I didn't agree with it.

Though, I do love the song "they want your soul" and you can post that whenever you feel like it, even if it doesn;t match the thread.

edit on 23-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Don't pollute the thread with your ignorant nonsense please.

It's about the 9/11 veto, not the "conservatism" or lack there of from various members

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Don't pollute the thread with your ignorant nonsense please.

It's about the 9/11 veto, not the "conservatism" or lack there of from various members

Do not tell me what to post or dictate what the thread is about. I understand what the thread is about.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'm anti-Criminal Establishment. This brings those in bed with the Saudi's into the fold (which is the continuity from Carter to Reagan to Bush to Clinton to Bush to Obama to Clinton) [hey if we're really lucky Hillary will "win" and then after her then Jeb might "win"]. Gotta have 'continuity of gubment', right??

When it was Bush at the helm you would have wanted to give me daily hugs if you got to see my work on him. Now its Obama, another bow to the Saudi piece of criminal elitist trash, and my work on him & her has me get labeled daily. Back during Bush 'everyone' was convinced I was DEMOCRAT.

See how I managed to still keep it on topic? I already showed you where to take anything this off topic to.

originally posted by: reldra

Do not tell me what to post or dictate what the thread is about. I understand what the thread is about.

Then it's your goal to derail the subject. We could already tell.
edit on 23-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yup. These payback policy things usually take place on a Friday afternoon...the fact that the MSM is occupied by riots and demonstrations in Charlotte were just icing on the cake.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No, actually. In regard to that pic, I wouldn't. You greet a King in a certain way, just like you greet a president in a certain way. It does not denote anything in particular. God forbid an President do the slight bow to a Chinese leader and that leader give it back.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Bowing with your eyes pointing straight down? Yeah, when you're their subjects you do that.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It would be highly irregular to bow before the Chairman, or to expect one back in an official function.

China is not Japan

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Bowing with your eyes pointing straight down? Yeah, when you're their subjects you do that.

No, it is ettiquette. It is different for each meeting of each country.

The Queen in the UK does not like to be touched, yet Michellle touched her arm. Press went crazy, Queen didn't care.

Different in all situations like that.

At different jobs, I would have to call the president of the company Mr. 'so and so'. At some, I could call them by their first name.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Okay, then show us any other POTUS do it that way.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Although I will add that the King should be greeted in a manner that gives the level of respect that he commands

By spitting in his face.
edit on -050004pm9kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

It would be highly irregular to bow before the Chairman, or to expect one back in an official function.

China is not Japan

Was an example, I have not met the Chairman. If I was going to, I would look up how to greet him.

SEE.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Okay, then show us any other POTUS do it that way.

I am sure any other President greets the King of Saudi in the exact same way, when they are the visitor. You look around for pictures.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Wasn't the idea that if they allow this law suit to move forward, that would open the US to counter lawsuits from military actions/strikes they've done in other countries where collateral damage takes place?? Regardless, the families of 9/11 deserve justice, and so far, they've gotten a BS commission report and very little recourse
edit on 23-9-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Although I will add that the King should be greeted in a manner that gives the level of respect that he demands.

By spitting in his face.

That would go well for diplomacy of 70 years.

Hint: Do not seek political office.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Wasn't the idea that if they allow this law suit to move forward, that would open the US to counter lawsuits from military actions/strikes they've done in other countries where collateral damage takes place?? Regardless, the families of 9/11 deserve justice, and so far, they've gotten a BS commission report and very little recourse

It would open that and more.

The 9/11 health act is pretty good.

if indeed Saudi Arabia is not behind this, suing them would not be good.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Our alliance with Saudi Arabia needs to end. Get off oil and all the mess with the ME stops.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Although I will add that the King should be greeted in a manner that gives the level of respect that he commands

By spitting in his face.

At least Obama didn't curtsy.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
You like to post things you posted before multiple times.

April 2016: The mega bombshell "Panana Papers" leaks goes public.
"The Panama Papers is one of the biggest leaks in history. Substantially larger than WikiLeaks’ 2010 release of U.S. diplomatic cables or Edward Snowden’s 2013 release of NSA files, the leak consists of 11.5m documents from the world’s fourth-largest offshore law firm, Mossack Fonseca. At a massive 2.6 terabytes in size, the Panama Papers reveal information about 214,000 companies. ...Among those implicated in the scandal are arms traders, human traffickers, drug dealers, con artists and 143 politicians — a veritable Who’s Who of global leaders, including 12 current or former heads of state, along with their families and friends. ...King Salman of Saudi Arabia and Petro Poroshenko, president of Ukraine, both of whom are close Western allies, are directly implicated in the corruption." www.salon.com... raffickers_and_drug_dealers/
"The data provides rare insights into a world that can only exist in the shadows. It proves how a global industry led by major banks, legal firms, and asset management companies secretly manages the estates of the world’s rich and famous: from politicians, Fifa officials, fraudsters and drug smugglers, to celebrities and professional athletes." panamapapers.sueddeutsche.de... "Among national leaders with offshore wealth are Nawaz Sharif, Pakistan’s prime minister; Ayad Allawi, ex-interim prime minister and former vice-president of Iraq; Petro Poroshenko, president of Ukraine; Alaa Mubarak, son of Egypt’s former president; and the prime minister of Iceland, Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson.
In the UK, six members of the House of Lords, three former Conservative MPs and dozens of donors to British political parties have had offshore assets." www.theguardian.com... "Jurgen Mossack’s family landed here in the 1960s. During World War II, his father had served in the Nazi Party’s Waffen-SS, according to U.S. Army intelligence files obtained by the ICIJ. Once in Panama, the elder Mossack offered to spy on communists in Cuba for the CIA." www.zerohedge.com...

July 15, 2016: The 9/11 Saudi Pages Declassified.
28 pages in the original 9/11 Commission Report had been "Classified" from the public. The pages "revealed a web of interconnections linking Saudi government officials, members of the Saudi royal family, suspected Saudi intelligence operatives and 9/11 hijackers." 28pages.org...

My 'work' here in the site is generally constantly built towards my 'toolkit' for my activities here, is pretty much how I've always done things.
edit on 23-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join