It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are White Americans So Racist?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Right on, I liked the delivery in your statements...spot on .

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Well said.....spot on

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Your missing the point here Tom.....the past is over......the present is now.......now is not then......Jewish people aren't still throwing stones at Germans for what the Germans then leadership of their government, did to them...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Well said, and spot on

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Even talking about this we are contributing to the race war that is going on at the moment. There is one race the human race just because society tells us we have about 5 different races i get black people where slaves and abused but now more than ever we need stop all this rubbish

New member only joined today

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

All I know is that men are better at peeing while in a standing position, and therefore, superior.

From an evolutionary perspective...A standing man peeing makes for a better target for a blow-dart in the eye than the woman squatting behind the bush.

It's why there are more women on the planet than men...not counting China where they float babies girls down river in straw boats.
edit on 26-9-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndroidJimmy

Your missing the point here Tom.....the past is over......the present is now.......now is not then......Jewish people aren't still throwing stones at Germans for what the Germans then leadership of their government, did to them...

Agreed - But it is the present that I worry about.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The point that YOU (Tom) have missed is the reason there are poor people in general, it's not about the color of your skin, but the Character of the individual. No one wants to take the effort to be personally responsible, people are lazy they (WE) want maximum return for minimum input. put simple, it's easier to blame some one else for thine own failings.

I'm poor, I don't mind, I don't own a car, I don't go on vacation, I don't have a "smart" phone. I am happy. if I want "more" I know I have to work for it, I live in a predominately Hispanic area, some do not like that fact that I'm 2 meters tall, or have light skin and blue eyes. I'm more indigenous American than Dutch, but I "look" white. I know that I have no gotten work because of it, but am I going to "force" them to hire me? why? it would be unpleasant for me to work for someone that doesn't "like" me. I know folks I do not care for, but I work with them and respect the abilities they bring to the Job. ( even if they vote __________ (intentionally left blank).

You want a better world, make your world Better, Don't try and impose your "Morality" on others, that is worse than being an ethnicist.

I honestly think "white" america is more a mirror, you see what YOU want.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's not racism. It's culturalism. It's never been about the color of one's skin. There is a culture clash happening. Plain and simple. There might be a tiny tiny sliver of people who dislike others solely because the the amount of melanin in their skin, but for the vast majority that is not the case. It's a culture clash.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Tailgate

Well unfortunately, in order for people to calculate right from wrong, there is issues that need to be hashed out....but the sad revelation here is that the only Individuals with profound wealth,and profound power, can contribute to a noticeably sooner change.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AndroidJimmy

Yes but has this not be in done already it the times of malcom x i am not american and correct me if im wrong but that too was about police brutality to blacks and after all that what came of it....
It is just history repateing itself and people not learning the right way to do things...

Conspiracy theorist coming out in me now but one biggest films of year was straight out Compton and look whats happening now could they have being planting it from then ?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

We are not racist but we grew into two different cultures because a few rich white men decided to keep us apart and still do. There are a lot of black men who do not subscribe to the street talk and street life and there are a lot of white people who do. Blacks have their Panthers and NOI and whites have their KKK and Aryan Nation. Then there are those of us such as me and you who aren't any of those four. I do not let one black man change my perspective on the whole, and neither should a black man let one white man change his perspective. Never forget, most people are not racist. One bad apple ruins life for all of us and I have come to believe 99% of people who hate enjoy it. They love hateful energies and wish to exert it no matter the consequence for him/herself, their "enemy," or us standbyers(spectators? :/ ). Peace.
edit on 26/9/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Okay, I just have to respond to this crap. My observation as someone that wasn’t born in the US; is that white people in this country usually bend over backwards to make all races, nationalities, and religions feel welcome. Are there some racist jerks? Of course. But mostly you find tolerance and understanding.

That brings me to the opposite end of what I just said about American whites, meaning; American blacks. Even though I’ve met, and have had good black friends, I think a great majority of American blacks are self-serving, low class, and mean people. You want to talk about racist? Speak with a black person, and No, they’re not African Americans, your Americans. African Americans is a name for people that actually came from Africa.

I’ve done a lot of international traveling, and have met socially with black people from some of those countries, and you know what? They’re normal people, just like you and me. Why are American blacks different? And don’t tell me that it’s because they were slaves in the distant past; because that just doesn’t wash. Other people in other countries also had ancestors that were slaves. Guess what? They went on with their lives. Fancy that.

edit on 26-9-2016 by stelth2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalan

Well I mean, hypothetically (I say hypothetically only because, as I said, I'm sick and have no energy or time to do any research right now or pull up any statistics; it's literally taking all the mental capacity I have to type this without seeing double lol) if it were the case that you were statistically less likely to be targeted by law enforcement, receive poor care, get overlooked to be hired somewhere, etc. etc. etc. due in large part to your ethnicity... and not due to purely numerical factors... then by definition you would be benefiting - however unwittingly it may be - no?

I believe I experience such benefits - however marginally, given my other issues - and I believe intersectionality is a dynamic that exists in our society, whether I want those benefits or not. And I'd like that to change, personally.

Again, this is just my opinion. I'm not judging you or anyone else or holding anyone responsible for it. It's just my opinion of a societal dynamic that I personally believe exists. My post was primarily about myself, rather than anyone else. But yes, by extension, I do believe the dynamic exists and has a real effect on minorities in this country.

I'm sorry I can't spend more time or energy talking about this... I need to veg and recover. I've been sick for two weeks straight and still not well. I'll be willing to discuss it more robustly if you'd like to when I'm well. Though I doubt either of us would change our minds anyway. Such is the nature of the internet debate.

Take care.

Peace.

edit on 9/26/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom

originally posted by: BlackFlag66

Explain why blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime in countries they recently immigrated to and/or never had slavery. Like pretty much everywhere in Europe.

---------------------------------------------
Also--
US population in 1868 (emancipation proclamation) was 37 million, of which, about 26 million were white.

US population today is about 320 million, of which, of which about 223 million are white.

That's a difference of ~200 million whites. Some of this is attributable to population growth, but mostly, this is the result of massive waves of immigrants (Irish, Italians, Germans, Poles, Jews, etc.)

Question -- Based on those numbers alone, what is the chance that any average white person you pick is the descendant of SOMEONE WHO WAS ALIVE AND LIVING IN AMERICA IN THE 1800'S???

My family tree in America only goes back to post WW I.

Maybe you think I indirectly benefited from slavery? No, i grew up POOR. I used to get pissed when kids in high school would talk about how poor they were walking around in their Air Jordan's and FUBU hoodies. I've gone to school in sneakers held together by duct tape. I wore ripped blue jeans before, during, and after the time when they were cool. I've eaten out of a dumpster. I've eaten at a soup kitchen. I've stood with mama in the government cheese line. I know things about cockroaches that most non-exterminators wouldn't know. I was the WELFARE KID. I grew up #ING POOR.

White privilege is a myth as far as I am concerned.

Who benefited from slavery? Not the southern slave owners. They were BARELY making ends meet. The uninformed might look at an old plantation house and think this is a sign of opulence. Not with 30 members of the extended family and a half dozen house slaves living inside. Those houses were built big because one big house is cheaper than 4 small houses.

So who did benefit? The commodity traders in New York got rich, but MOST ESPECIALLY the Dutch and English slave traders rounding Africans up and putting them on boats. And none of those people are related to me.

Bottom line on slavery: I didn't do it, my ancestors didn't do it, I didn't benefit from it, my ancestors didn't benefit from it, SO I DON'T WANT TO #ING HEAR ABOUT IT.

I think YOU need to take a look at YOURSELF. Ask yourself why black people glorify misogyny and crime in their art. Ask yourself why good (or even barely average) academic performance is equated with trying to be white. Ask yourself why black children have no fathers. Ask yourself why decades of blacks-only college funding (racist) has resulted in blacks being the most uneducated race in America.

Saved this for last, You seem pretty angry I don't see why. If you don't want to hear about it, get out of the thread it's pretty simple. Take control of yourself.

However, you made a few good points I have no clue why black people are violent every where they go. We've been appropriated to a culture I guess. The over time effects.

I refuse to argue with you of your ancestry however I can suggest that your bloodline didn't 'spontaneously' appear after WW1.

Rich doesn't mean privilege, it's a privilege to get a job over the black 'criminal', it's a privilege to have your natural hair accepted. www.nbcnews.com...

I'm sorry you couldn't wear fubu's and stuff, hopefully your people didn't have to move bricks because they are uneducated and unable to get jobs because of prior trait. A question to you though, why are you so offended? You didn't do it, your family didn't, you don't think you're a racist? So what are you doing commenting here? Because of a generalization? A stereotype?

I'm angry because I'm fed up with hearing that I'm responsible for black people's problems, and I'm tired of hearing how racist white people are when black people are 100x's as racist.

I grew up in black neighborhoods. I used to get beat up for being white (the racist term of the 80's was "honkey", through today it seems to be "white devil" or sometimes "cracker"). I used to get chased around the neighborhood for being white.

But you don't need to grow up white in a black neighborhood to see how racist black people are. Go watch some videos of BLM terrorists screaming in white people faces. Hang out at a bodega and see how your brothers and sisters treat the koreans and latins.

It's a privilege to get scholarships I couldn't get with higher SAT scores. It's a privilege that companies are DESPERATE to hire qualified black people to meet quotas. It's a privilege when black people are the only ones that can get government jobs in the city I live in.

My 'people' back in Europe did have to till fields and move bricks. They didn't call it slavery, they called it 'serfdom'. Maybe you would know that if the politically correct educational system in this country wasn't so concerned with not being 'Euro-centric.

Oh, I guess that doesn't count as slavery. So how about the white slaves taken back to Africa during the Muslim invasion of Spain? Never heard of that? Of course not. God forbid anyone knows that the Holy Wars Europe launched were actually a response to something. Nope. Just the white man being evil.

I'm sorry that you can't see how racist you are.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The problem that I have as a white American, is that I get the blame for all of this. I was not there. I do not benefit from the work of slaves anymore than you do. As a matter of fact, I get less benefit than a black American. I do not get special privilege when searching for a job, getting housing, obtaining college funding, taking tests, etc. The list goes on.

At what point are people going to let go of the past? No one alive today was there. I grew up in the hood. I had no family, was in and out of the system, and yet I was able to make it out.

I was the minority where I lived. No one gave me a handout. Now that I am an adult I get to support people that do not want to do what I did.

Instead they protest in the streets. Ironic.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: AshFan

All I know is that men are better at peeing while in a standing position, and therefore, superior.

From an evolutionary perspective...A standing man peeing makes for a better target for a blow-dart in the eye than the woman squatting behind the bush.

It's why there are more women on the planet than men...not counting China where they float babies girls down river in straw boats.

Oh get over it. Everyone knows that women are more prone to anal weasel attack.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: AshFan

Why does it have a full grown beard if it's a baby?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stelth2

Oops, nevermind.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join