It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are White Americans So Racist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom
trying to justify the length of how long you mistreated someone? Sounds like a drowning man holding on to a thread. What happened POST slavery?

Man, you aren't a slave. We aren't slave owners. This is something that happened in the past, all over the world. Hell, it's still going on in the ME and all over Africa. Trying to blame all white people for something none of us had anything to do with it sick and utterly racist at its core.

How did black people get to America?

Warring black tribes sold of their POWs, TO THE ENTIRE WORLD.

Christ, lad, I've said about 15 times, this thread, "I'm suggesting to you the reason the African American community faces it's difficulty because of mistreatment in the past." And it seems not just you who cannot understand this but the majority of commenters who feel they are being attacked for their ancestors doing. No, not at all. Not in this thread here. But let's look at a simple chain reaction hopefully this gets the point across.

Slavery >> 0 Reparations + heavy discrimination >> Poverty

You all speak of not happening when you were alive, the last lynching in America was 1981 just putting that out there.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

No one is abused

No one is abused. Lynchings must have been pretty cool.

No one "is" abused.= present tense, as in right now this second.

Lynchings "must have been " pretty cool.= past tense, in this case not like yesterday past tense, but history no living person even witnessed past tense.

You're a sharp fellow

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

As a former college athlete myself and as much as I hate to point this out, Brock Turner was a case of athlete status with alum judge.

Go look up Baylor rape scandal to see what I mean. Plenty of those players were protected outright from prosecution and there skin was plenty dark.

In those cases, it was athlete status that protected, not skin color.

Well, www.washingtonpost.com...

I hope that isn't too old, strongly suggests blacks get arrested far more for marijuana use, 2001 ~ 2010. Just trying to make a point.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Stop beating a dead horse.

Do you know how to succeed in this country?

1. Get your education.

2. Hold down a full-time job almost any one will do.

3. Get married.

4. Wait to have kids until after you achieve the first three.

If you can manage those, your odds of living in poverty is less than 10% no matter what you look like. Do the past events you keep harping on actively interfere with you doing any of those things? No.

link   

originally posted by: Arenttarded

originally posted by: JAY1980

No one is abused

No one is abused. Lynchings must have been pretty cool.

No one "is" abused.= present tense, as in right now this second.

Lynchings "must have been " pretty cool.= past tense, in this case not like yesterday past tense, but history no living person even witnessed past tense.

You're a sharp fellow

My bad must have read it wrong, go take a look at conviction rates or the earlier posted black/white killed by the police, I think that classifies as abuse.

link   

I am pointing to individual perspective here. Im not sure how aggregate statistics are actually relevant?

Regardless, i have no issue with recognizing the racism present in the system itself But living in a hispanic household, I have to point out that everyone struggles. I can't tell you how many gordita plates I have bought to help someone raise money to bury their loved ones. We all have our own struggles and suffer our own indignities. And while you may try to develop a "Suffering Scale" to lay claim to some trophy....all im saying is personal suffering is a subjective subject that no one can claim a heavyweight championship belt for.

However, if you would broaden the focus (and lose the whole "my subjective experience matters more" thing), you might see how myopic this viewpoint really is. And perhaps see why it is so aggressively rejected.

FWIW, i have no idea what you meant with the rape case thing. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

1. Get your education.

3. Get married.

If you can manage those, your odds of living in poverty is less than 10% no matter what you look like. Do the past events you keep harping on actively interfere with you doing any of those things? No.

How could people ever fail at something that is so "Easy" amirite? :/

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

1. Get your education.

3. Get married.

Not what I asked. I asked how slavery over 100 years ago prevents them from doing this. Especially since many were much, much better at it in the era leading up to Civil Rights and the Great Society/War on Poverty than they are now.
edit on 23-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Yeah, every one of those mean White Americans should hang their heads in.. wait, Lower their gaze in shame for doing all of that to the Black slaves... Little billy should have his toys taken away for treating them like animals for his amusement.

And if a White (expletive) devil finds himself being kicked to hell and back in a car park by a mob of righteous seekers of justice, why she should lay prostrate, and let them take turns kicking his tiny manhood back into the 17'th century.

Damn the white devils, if it wasn't for them, this entire planet would probably be a paradise, with nude people sipping from straws stuck in huge coconuts full of exotic alcohol. and loads and loads of tofu.

Don't look at me, I'm still committing genocide on the Aborigines... They're quick little buggers let me give you the tip...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Had the slave trade to America never existed, as horrible as it was, Black Americans like the OP wouldn't even exist. Their total existence is predicated upon the fact that their parents sexual union resulted in their life, and the horror of the slave trade that brought their ancestors to this country was necessary to allow their genetic line and life to happen.

We can condemn actions of the past but I have yet to hear or read Black Americans state that they would rather themselves and everyone they know and love not exist. I've talked to some who think they would have been born in Africa had the slave trade never happened, and life would be somehow better. That is absurd. As absurd as if I believed I would have been born in South America had my ancestors stayed in Peru and Bolivia.

Had there been no slave trade there would be no life. Fact. An uncomfortable fact, especially when met with emotional feelings regarding the matter.

I do think there needs to be conversations regarding race in America. But gross generalizations like the OP made are a terrible way to go about it. But it's 2016. Adult conversations about sensitive topics are an option that is now off the table. From here on out it's all hyperbole, gross stereotypes and mudslinging.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I am pointing to individual perspective here. Im not sure how aggregate statistics are actually relevant?

Regardless, i have no issue with recognizing the racism present in the system itself But living in a hispanic household, I have to point out that everyone struggles. I can't tell you how many gordita plates I have bought to help someone raise money to bury their loved ones. We all have our own struggles and suffer our own indignities. And while you may try to develop a "Suffering Scale" to lay claim to some trophy....all i'm saying is personal suffering is a subjective subject that no one can claim a heavyweight championship belt for.

However, if you would broaden the focus (and lose the whole "my subjective experience matters more" thing), you might see how myopic this viewpoint really is. And perhaps see why it is so aggressively rejected.

FWIW, i have no idea what you meant with the rape case thing. Sorry.

I understand what you're saying and I concur. I don't know if I had stated before but a persons 'difficulty' will be based on their perspective, just as you have said 'subjective,' so yes I'm in full agreement to that.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

1. Get your education.

3. Get married.

Perhaps if the early American followed what you recommend and not instead the mass murder and oppresion of native Americans and enslavement of millions of Africans and later decades of Jim Crow racism, and the exploitation of millions of poor whites we'd be a better world today

edit on 23-9-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOnlyAnswer
Had the slave trade to America never existed, as horrible as it was, Black Americans like the OP wouldn't even exist. Their total existence is predicated upon the fact that their parents sexual union resulted in their life, and the horror of the slave trade that brought their ancestors to this country was necessary to allow their genetic line and life to happen.

We can condemn actions of the past but I have yet to hear or read Black Americans state that they would rather themselves and everyone they know and love not exist. I've talked to some who think they would have been born in Africa had the slave trade never happened, and life would be somehow better. That is absurd. As absurd as if I believed I would have been born in South America had my ancestors stayed in Peru and Bolivia.

Had there been no slave trade there would be no life. Fact. An uncomfortable fact, especially when met with emotional feelings regarding the matter.

I do think there needs to be conversations regarding race in America. But gross generalizations like the OP made are a terrible way to go about it. But it's 2016. Adult conversations about sensitive topics are an option that is now off the table. From here on out it's all hyperbole, gross stereotypes and mudslinging.

Sometimes you must make a graphic show, to show the disgust another feels. But I do agree with you there, never had I said I wish we were not born. But as you have stated the we were brought here and essentially 'created' here. Anything we've learned has come from our predecessors. And all we ask for is time and not a ton of hatred towards anything BLM does.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Networking.

That is what is missing from your equation.

Without networking, none of that is possible. Everything I have built for myself personally (trust me, its not much....but its a LOOOONG way from where I started) has resulted from me having made a network connection somewhere along the way. Not being dumb, i found a way to put some cash into membership dues in a few organizations (Rotary, for example) which gave me access to a socioeconomic group that was/is "above" my own. Having the ability to do this type of thing put me in front of the kind of people who, after interacting with me, might see the value in my insight and acquired skills (i have a high school diploma, and 2 drunken semesters in college).

It would be incredibly hard for someone who has been isolated into a ghetto by our benevolent federal government to find this access to any social or professional networks. And without that, no matter how smart or educated you are, no one will ever even know you exist outside of the ghetto you are isolated within.

I think socioeconomic mobility requires much greater geographic mobility. How that is solved, I don't know.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't entirely disagree, but I'm married to a man who came out of some pretty poor circumstances and at one point was on his own with next to nothing. He had no networking, but he got his break and yes, he does networking now.

It will set you back, but you have to keep moving around and trying. Part of it is getting involved in your college years to the best of your ability and moving with your profs.

And sometimes it's a generational process. You work to be blue collar like our neighbor across the street who's fire fighter. That launched his kids into the better level where it's possible to have more connections going through school and into college.
edit on 23-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

" I understand what you're saying and I concur. I don't know if I had stated before but a persons 'difficulty' will be based on their perspective, just as you have said 'subjective,' so yes I'm in full agreement to that."

Your stated perspective here in the Title of this Thread shows an Outright Biasness in your Thinking . You Sir , are Pissing in the Wind with the Hope that your Pants don't get Wet . FAIL ......

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You remove a black man from Africa, split him from his family, force him to work, abuse him, kill them because you felt like it, raped their wives, caged them. You made them animals for your own amusement, then you set them free, however, you set them free during a time when they were looked down on. 

I never did any of this.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
On the other hand praise to the millions of America white people like the great John Brown and even Abe Lincoln to a lesser degree, for fighting and dying for that lofty principle of equality for all in, for example, the civil war.

The irony is that millions of white people willingly fought and died for the freedom of black people

All Americans should be proud of that

So when one rightly condemns the white racists always remember the great and honorable white people of America who were some of the greatest human beings in history who died to free black people.

For every racist there is a John Brown

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
LOL

What a race-bait topic this is.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

1. Get your education.

3. Get married.

Not what I asked. I asked how slavery over 100 years ago prevents them from doing this. Especially since many were much, much better at it in the era leading up to Civil Rights and the Great Society/War on Poverty than they are now.

I don't think I should explain this, look up post-slavery segregation/discrimination.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join