It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are White Americans So Racist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom

originally posted by: TheBulk

So the US police are killing black people

It's hard to talk with people like you because you believe in myths. Facts are not found in your claims. Black men are RARELY killed by cops. White people are killed more by cops and you actually have a batter chance of being shot by a cop if you're white. Also, black men )6% of the population) commit more than half of the violent crime in this country. These are facts you ignore in place of racial paranoia and scapegoating of whites. What's that make you?

If you read this because the title bothered you, you should look into yourself. If you're planning to respond in a bothered tone, look at yourself a bit..

Right back at you.

Well if you have 800 pieces of regular crayon, and only about 88 pieces of 'other' crayon. If 60 of the regular pieces get shot, and 30 of the 'other' pieces get shot, which is more likely to get shot?
I like talking to people like you though.

would you be kind enough to provide a source for this graphic?
edit on 23-9-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm white and I've lived in Compton and Watts in south central L.A. and the tenderloin in San Francisco and I've never experienced any type of racism. In fact I've never lived anywhere that had such a strong sense of community. Walking home from work at 1-2 am people would yell out down the street to say hi lol.

People in certain areas of the country are more racist than others though, it just depends on what people are taught and raised with. I can understand someone who lives in a place that racism isn't that overt or noticible saying the whole "racism" thing is overblown but that's based on a very limited view.

Where I was born and raised in the south, you better believe the majority of white people hold racist views and have no problem letting anyone know it either. People still view it as heritage to carry on the views their elders taught them, no matter how racist or bigoted.

That being said, the majority of places I've lived (apart from Kentucky/Tennessee and rural Oregon) don't seem that racist. Maybe it's just not as out in the open as it is where I grew up, but it still feels like a big difference in how people are treated. Our high school mascot was a slave owner waving a rebel flag. Seriously.

link   
a reply to: schuyler

I guarantee you that chart would change if you looked at a chart starting from the 1600s.

Oh.. But I guess white people only just started killing black people in 2013 because you know.. That whole slavery thing doesn't count, right?

You think black people just ignore what happened to their ancestors over the course of 400+ years up until 10 years ago?

Hell, the government killed their most peaceful leader back in the 60s.

What ever happened to their 40 acres and a mule?

Are they still getting that ready or no?
edit on 23-9-2016 by Mizzijr because: Hermeticism.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Have you ever abused something for 300+ years.

Haven't lived that long. Maybe everybody should look at the situation now instead of always looking backward to find issues. Canadian were boot out of territories now in US but still, no hard feeling cause I wasn't there and I live in the NOW. My people, Acadiens, were even deported, but still no hard felling cause I live in the now: the people who did that are long dead. If you're victim of racism yes then report and fight it but why don't you look ahead and put your effort on succeeding with your life in the present?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Just glossed over your post.

I should be offended by your post.

I'm not.

Just understand you're trollin.

Regards

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Well if you have 800 pieces of regular crayon, and only about 88 pieces of 'other' crayon. If 60 of the regular pieces get shot, and 30 of the 'other' pieces get shot, which is more likely to get shot?

So now you're comparing people to crayons AND not only that, but you're insinuating that the crayons representing American of color are crayons other than "regular?"

WOW! Those who live in glass houses, man.

Oh, and perhaps if you tried talking with people instead of to them, your message (albeit hopefully not a message of racist hatred the type you're displaying in this thread) will be better received. Just a thought...

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Why look at percentages of total population? That should be looking at interactions with law enforcement for criminal behavior across the ethnicities to get a more accurate picture of who is or is not disproportionately targeted by law enforcement during interactions with police.

PS as the fine people in the skittles thread remind us ... it is bad form to reduce people to inanimate objects like candy ... or crayons.
edit on 23-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

we arent, its you who is racist.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yea, you're in this thread most likely infuriated at the title because you were subject to generalization/"stereotype".

No, I honestly couldn't care less what generalization or stereotype, etc you think you're subjecting me to. I only entered this thread to read the comments and watch the show.

I will say, however, that the phrasing and tone of your OP is damned insulting to African Americans and makes it clear you think pretty poorly of them and their capacities for advancement and success... which is a shame in this day and age.

I'm sorry you feel that way, I don't but as a race, we are in a pretty big mess.

link   

Can't speak about the USA because I have not "Lived the Dream" or even visited your country.

However, here in the UK I often hear about diversity and integration , perhaps in the Capital, outside this NO.

Diversity exists in my country but in the main, integration does not. As far as I see it integration means living alongside, with others of different views, religions and skin colour, this tends to not happen in the UK

Now, I understand the need / desire to be amongst the same "group" as oneself, problem is, this creates ghetto's and divided neighbourhoods / towns / cities / communities / regions ect ect, and that is where integration goes out of the window.

This could possibly be where tensions / misunderstandings step in, as one of the above divisions creates mistrust amongst all, same as "gangs" in reality.

Now, I would not consider myself racist by any means, I get along with anyone regardless of race or religion and have many friends and work colleagues (real world) of all races, from South America, Africa, Middle East and Asia.

Solve the Integration issue and I think we could have a fix, I'm not going to hold my breath though

edit on 2016-09-23T16:39:20-05:002016Fri, 23 Sep 2016 16:39:20 -0500bFriday3909America/Chicago164 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Grrrr!

Anger!

Shaking fists!

Pointing fingers!

Wish MLK was still alive.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

It's hard to talk with people like you because you believe in myths. Facts are not found in your claims. Black men are RARELY killed by cops. White people are killed more by cops and you actually have a batter chance of being shot by a cop if you're white. Also, black men )6% of the population) commit more than half of the violent crime in this country. These are facts you ignore in place of racial paranoia and scapegoating of whites. What's that make you?

If you read this because the title bothered you, you should look into yourself. If you're planning to respond in a bothered tone, look at yourself a bit..

Right back at you.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

And one thing this chart does not take into account is the fact they commit a disproportionately larger amount of violent crime, therefore would be in a position to be shot by a cop much more often.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
So I wonder what what deep psychological and genetic scars we European descendents have from the depredations of the North Africans and the Middle Eastern slavers? They enslaved many of European descent.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

So now you're comparing people to crayons AND not only that, but you're insinuating that the crayons representing American of color are crayons other than "regular?"

WOW! Those who live in glass houses, man.

Oh, and perhaps if you tried talking with people instead of to them, your message (albeit hopefully not a message of racist hatred the type you're displaying in this thread) will be better received. Just a thought...

Well, sorry it's how we've been treated, like inanimate objects. But I believe the analogy got it's point across. And yes, white is "Regular" anything else is considered "Other", you should experience the black community, there are so many that strive to meet the expectations of the 'white'

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Right back at you.

www.theguardian.com...

Why did you just post the graph and leave out all of the important stuff that explains the higher number?

From your source:

More than 21% of deadly incidents began with a complaint to police alleging domestic violence or some other domestic disturbance. About 16% arose from officers attempting to arrest a wanted person, execute a warrant or apprehend a fugitive. Another 14% of killings followed an attempted traffic or street stop, 13% came after someone committed a violent crime and 7% after a non-violent crime.
In addition to those killed after opening fire, 160 people were accused of refusing commands to drop a weapon. Another 157 were said to have pointed or levelled a gun or non-lethal gun at officers. Police alleged that 158 people killed had “charged”, advanced at or fought with officers. And while 79 people were killed after allegedly “reaching for their waistband” or grabbing for a weapon, 44 attacked officers, some with knives and blades.

“It would appear that police officers are often confronting people who are armed, non-compliant and threatening,” said David Klinger an associate professor of criminology at the University of Missouri-St Louis.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Right back at you.

www.theguardian.com...

More than 21% of deadly incidents began with a complaint to police alleging domestic violence or some other domestic disturbance. About 16% arose from officers attempting to arrest a wanted person, execute a warrant or apprehend a fugitive. Another 14% of killings followed an attempted traffic or street stop, 13% came after someone committed a violent crime and 7% after a non-violent crime.

In addition to those killed after opening fire, 160 people were accused of refusing commands to drop a weapon. Another 157 were said to have pointed or levelled a gun or non-lethal gun at officers. Police alleged that 158 people killed had “charged”, advanced at or fought with officers. And while 79 people were killed after allegedly “reaching for their waistband” or grabbing for a weapon, 44 attacked officers, some with knives and blades.

“It would appear that police officers are often confronting people who are armed, non-compliant and threatening,” said David Klinger an associate professor of criminology at the University of Missouri-St Louis.

it really is fascinating what you find when you have an article to read and not just a graphic presenting information outside of context.

link   

link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Another white SJW admonishing others of his own race. Believe me, I've heard this crap for years. If you want to see blatant racism, just dare to walk in a Black neighborhood and see what happens. Meanwhile you've got your head in the sand.

What an ignorant and racist comment.

I am aitting right next to two of my good friends who are black in "their neighborhood," and we're grilling out and ordering pizza (good combination eh? lol).

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm more progressive than most on this site. The one recommendation I would make is not to stereotype white people either. If it's wrong to do that to black people then it's bad to do that to whites. This doesn't mean that some of your other points don't have validity. .

Yea, you're in this thread most likely infuriated at the title because you were subject to generalization/"stereotype".

Hear me out for a second.

I've noticed the trend of threads here, never commending a black man, but always condemning. The only time the front page of ATS has something about a black man or a man of color is in STRONG relation to something negative. And the comments within that thread? Pretty saddening, to be honest, absolutely ignorant and toxic.

The black man has been brought to this land from Africa; they were enslaved and highly mistreated, then once people grew a bit more civilized, they were given a few rights but still mistreated. They were subject to death at any time for just being black. Meaning, if your soul found itself within the casing of a dark skinned person, you could be killed.

But what's the real reason a black man is how he is? Where did he learn all this? You remove a black man from Africa, split him from his family, force him to work, abuse him, kill them because you felt like it, raped their wives, caged them. You made them animals for your own amusement, then you set them free, however, you set them free during a time when they were looked down on. How are they to survive? You released your "Monkeys" with absolutely no money, no education, nothing. Who would hire them? Who would want them in their schools? What do you expect them to do? Rise?

You people here reference logic a lot, so let me ask you. If you have no money, your entire race is made poor, you're seen as dirty, no one will hire you, you can't get an education.. What do you do? Do you lay back and die? Or do you survive

Yea slavery is done, long gone, at least the physical barbaric type which was localized to just black people. But that doesn't mean the effects are gone. If you can understand Nuclear fallout you should be able to understand why the black race is where it is. How do you expect something to rebuild itself with absolutely no allocated resources? What is to be expected when a line of ancestors can't afford schooling they are just scraping the bucket, any bucket? What do you do when you have only 1 option?

However, it's easy for you, being lucky enough to be made rich by free labor for years upon years. Then people out there jump up saying "Hey the jews pulled themselves out, it's time for the black people to do it too" Ayee, they got reparations, they got help to get back on their feet.

Then there are those who speak of black on black crime, which stems majorly from drugs and money. You see crime anywhere you see very limited resources. People tend to defend the little they have and it so happens the black race is at the bottom of the money chain(Wink Wink, alldatslavery). But as you can see, as soon as a black man gets money, clean money, he tends to try and move away from the violence and uplift his fellow brothers, not all of them but some do try. The defensive trait, well we're sorry but if you've been enslaved you don't allow people to just tower over you.

On to more current things..

So the US police are killing black people and people everywhere shouting race war and shouting it's the fault of BLM. I do understand segregation causes problems but do understand they are just trying to be heard. It's hard to control the uneducated, you tell them something and they take it in their own way, meaning they will respond who they believe they should, some of the times, innocent people getting hurt.

However, you people here seem to have a HUGEEEEE problem with them and black people demanding justice. You all tend to pick and fuss at anything a black man cries. Even in the most transparent cases you tend to side with the police officer(Min Req: 21yo, HS Diploma/GED, Citizenship, driver's license, fitness)+6 months of training. That's all it takes for you to determine the value of a man's life.

When we speak of white privilege it seems to piss off many persons, well a something I had heard which was pretty interesting "If you'd like to be treated like a black person raise your hand". Does say a lot about those who wouldn't raise their hands. But let's take Lavoy finicum, "seized and occupied the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in the State of Oregon", yet there was a lot of huff puff as well as agents under investigation. There's no black man out there seizing federal grounds getting shot, they just get shot, murdered. Don't tell me listen to that 21yearold with the GED or get murdered.

Just so you know, the more you deny the very obvious the worse it looks on you. As a simple point there are people here who in the same line of text, blame black people for 'racewars' because of what the 'media' shows them. Then on other threads openly say something like "Ohh yea, these media stations are white owned, yeaa rothschild controls all the media, bad guys they are haha.."

And PS. If you read this because the title bothered you, you should look into yourself. If you're planning to respond in a bothered tone, look at yourself a bit..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join