It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are White Americans So Racist?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21284598]Nickn3[/post
Whichever one thats grown to be disrespectful towards authority and resistes and fight back with police will more likely get shot. Color no relevance.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Never been but a work pal just got back from Texas who happens to be black and he told me he has never been openly calling a bigger but it happened many times while on holiday his words "I have never been in such a racist place".
Just passing on what I was told.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The op should have had their thread deleted and a vacation for this obviously racist race baiting thread. Smh.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The appropriate question should be: " Why are so many Americans (United States) so racist?".

It is mind boggling to hear and see the rampant divisions between both black and white citizens in 2016.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I did it all pretty much backwards and my family is doing alright.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
@ketsuko & @Vroomfondel

I agree with not just giving a person something, as the old saying:

Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime

I support that saying, however, let's look at this another. What if an opportunist person, understands the stigma associated a black person decides 'well since they just moved in I can do a crime and it will most likely get blamed on them, proof or no proof'. It would suggest, hey because you guys have come here, and now there's criminal activity here, it means you guys are responsible. That's pretty harsh and a pretty offensive slap in the face. It would have the persons who are actually there to just live, live freely and happily feel pretty estranged.

A short little story of my mother, she opened a business in 'the hood', she had about 7 break-ins, one of those break-ins she was held at gunpoint. Keep in mind, the business she provided was to help 'the hood'. She never gave up, and her business today thrives, all the persons there love and respect her, she's been there for over 10 years now and has experienced no further problems. She's friends with those that had broke in, in the past. However, the males that had held her at gunpoint, weren't from the community and were killed in another event by the police.

(post by Hscore removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

You seem a bit disillusioned, here's a website where you can go play around and get some perspective
www.theguardian.com...

No one justifies criminal behavior, but an open group is just that, it's a lot like how feminism had women saying that AC is Sexist.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

And what about that poor lady during the Ferguson riots who had scrimped and saved all her life to open a cake shop in her neighborhood? She had just realized her dream only to have her own neighborhood compatriots and riot and vandalize her business and destroy her stuff?

It's not like these local owners are whites they are punishing. She and the others like her who are most affected are often residents like the rioters trying to make the community better, but is it any wonder that they can relocate out to find better and more stable places for their families and their livelihoods after something like this?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Black crime vs white crime. It's RIDICULOUS.

infogr.am...
edit on 25-9-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

you people

What do you mean you people?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Well, I don't know if I understand your question, but if you're asking if Natalie would be better off if she relocates, as she has shown she wants to run a successful business so yes i believe she'd be better off. But would she want to?

If you mean the rioters that did the crime, there's 2 degrees of murder, "In the moment", "Premeditated". The latter carrying a more severe sentence. In a riot there are many people who felt they have been treated unfairly and there are also many opportunists. You'll have the people just trying to get a message across and you'll have thieves and looters. You'll have others as well who are influenced because someone they know have done or is doing it, it may not be right but you are emotionally charged. You can relocate these people as well not the criminals but the ones who acted while in the moment. While not in the negatively charged area they can be pretty sociable.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Actually is even worse than that, it's turning out, at least lately, most of the rioters have been from out of town. So literally a protest starts, rioters come in and wreck other people's homes and neighborhoods.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

you know i have watched you use "The Counted" website time and time again. i to have used it, plus The Washington Post site which the Numbers are just a lower bit lower.

thing is, the peolple that use these stats like the Guardian does using the population, they know that a lower number, will give a higher percentage. that's why they do it. it skews the real facts. it is a intellectual dishonest way to prove a point.

the facts are,
the black population is estimated at 13.3% in the U.S
the white population is estimated at 77.1 in the U.S

it is a fact that entire 13.3% of the black population are not committing crimes.
it is a fact that the entire 77.1% of the white population are not committing crimes.

now both sites are using reports from across the country for calls, confrontation or incidents with Law Enforcement for that number.
which the Guardian says is 793, the Washington Post says 708, both are up since i last used it, the Guardian up by 3, the Post up by 2. these are the numbers that should be used. these are the people that had the confrontation with LE. not the entire estimated population of each reported race.

here are the percentage numbers from the Guardian today,
5.49 Native American
4.86 Black
2.3 Hispanic/Latino
1.96 White
0.72 Asian/Pacific Islander

so looking at the numbers here, and we know what the estimated number of each race is, it seems that cops of all races are out to kill off all races except whites and asians, especially the native americans.

so lets just do some simple math on just the calls, with 793 as the base number.

Native Americans, 13 people killed during call/incident/ confrontation 1.6%

Black 194 people killed during call/incident/ confrontation 24.4%

Hispanic/Latino 130 people killed during call/incident/ confrontation 16.3%

White 388 people killed during call/incident/ confrontation 48.9%

Asian/P Islander 15 people killed during call/incident/ confrontation 1.89%

see how the numbers change, it is clear to see the Guardian is trying to spin it and further a false narrative. by far whites were killed more that any race during a call/incident/ confrontation with Law Enforcement.

the Post if you click the new insight button does show this.

Just under half of the victims were white, while a quarter were black.
Fatal Force

and here is the Guardian site
The Counted People killed by police in the US

don't be ignorant and follow a false narrative put forth with a specific agenda in mind.

and the Census Bureau estimated number of population, for comparison of the high percentage and percentage of calls.
Census Bureau

edit on 25-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

It's not ignorance, we all understand basic math and ratios, however take a look at the filter setting, which suggests Black > Unarmed

Almost a third of the 300+ murdered were unarmed. But also, death rate is worked by x per 1000 or x per million. Which would show that the black race has a higher death rate per 1000 blacks.

It's not hard to understand if there's a population 5x yours they would be killed more, for there is far more. But at the rate which blacks are killed whilst there is just that few of them it's a stellar number.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well, I think I've put forward a few good points and also heard a few good points. And I'll explain my intentions as I take my leave.

The title of the thread is synonymous to the stereotype of black people. Not because a dense part of the population commit crimes means they are all out to commit crimes. If you can't handle a stereotype of being a racist, don't hand out a stereotype.

Privilege is state of being, not a stereotype, name a negative stereotype of white people, there exists none. However, the poor Muslims, they can't live. It is proclaimed that they brought down the WTC and ever since then, there have been constant war there, as well as a negative stereotype of them. Hispanics? "Did you jump the border?" Blacks? Criminals, thugs, dressing like thugs. A white mass shooter? Mentally ill.

Slavery was mentioned, not as to blame you but to suggest why the black community might be in its current state, many persons replied with angry comments saying they don't want to apologize. They didn't do it. They aren't responsible. Of course, you aren't, that's a very obvious fact. Many also state that you don't pay for what your ancestors have done. However, they refuse to acknowledge that the work of minds like Einstein plays it's part up to today in society. I'd bet if one finds himself a part of Einstein's bloodline they'd jump and quickly accept the glory that comes with it.

People are saying hey BLM need to be better at protests and try to have peaceful protests and what not. People try, but as you've also stated within this thread, why would the media ever show the good when they can show the bad? Colin kneeled, and he got ridiculed. There have been peaceful protests. Some saying they need to write, sing, do this, do that. But they do, not all of them. But because of those who may riot the entire group is labeled as destructive. Understand the stereotype and drop it.

People bring up anything they can to justify things, what about black on black crime. Black on black crime exists, black on white crime exists, black on Hispanic crime exists. Just as, white on white crime, white on black crime, white on Hispanic and so on. And because of associations, a race is most likely to kill its own race, because they are most likely to associate with their own race. However, if blacks are going to kill blacks, innocent blacks at that, and police do the same, who do you expect them to turn to? So they protest. It's not in an event to say hey stop the police from policing. The protests have already RUINED police/black relations for some people. Therefore the only way to fix it is to rebuild the trust. Who's going to communicate with the police whom you fear to tell them of criminals who you also fear?

Also, this thread speaks of suppressing BLM, many persons jump to say, ALM whenever they hear BLM but make no attempt to assist or create a movement to assist. They leave it in place the way it is and suggest one should just wait for better times. On the same hand, there are comments saying, hey if these lazy bastards want something they should go get it. That's what they are doing, attempting to get better for themselves. Many people seem angered by it, to the point they'll never see any good or any attempt for the good they are trying to achieve. It's rather wrapped in a conspiracy and/or any other negative thing that can be found.

Then since it doesn't concern you lay back and have your government take care of it, that has been the attitude laid forward by the "all lives matter" consignees. The moment your safety is threatened is the moment you'll suppress that which threatens it. However, the black person who tries it is told by others, to settle down as what he is experiencing is utterly fake.

Another point I see stressed, the knife slices both ways. It does. But if one race is stereotyped and abused for it and another isn't. Does the knife still cut both? Do you still deny it? Do you refuse to accept in any form shape or way the black race has a negative stereotype?

To you all I say have a good day, I have learnt from a few and understand the mindset of a few. I hope there are a few who may have learned from me also.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Oh please, you are a big fat hypocrite.

First there is the racist clickbait title which you distance yourself from only to proceed with your post which is all about generalising white people as racists and whining about being the victim.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
DP.
edit on 25-9-2016 by VanDenEviL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Wow can you possibly misrepresent what others have said on here any more? Way to try and twist everyone's words into something else.

And here I though we were trying to have a peaceful, open and honest discourse.

As for learning from you, I might have if you didn't sign off by twisting what others said and showing that no, you really didn't learn a thing.
edit on 9/25/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

but using the death rate calculated by x per 1000 or x per million, is dishonest, the calls/incidents/ confrontations were not for the per 1000, or per million, except maybe in a a situation like a protest or riot, then you couldn't count it that way.

it was for 793 calls/incidents/ confrontations reported. whats is so hard to understand that a million people were not on the scene of the call? using per 1000 or per million is just a tactic to make the numbers look higher than they actually are.
edit on 25-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join