It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Citizen can't get job in U.S.,Priority of Hire goes to Border Jumpers from Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but America has no official national language. We have a large minority here in the states that speaks Spanish regardless of your point of view it is true, having people who can communicate with them is paramount to our nations health and wellbeing. Let me give you an example

lets say Ricky Ricardo migrated to the states to marry his life long love Lucy he has as of yet mastered the English language he has information permanent to an up coming terrorist attack but doesn't have the words to explain it in English, but he goes to the police non the less they are not allowed to speak Spanish so they can't understand a word he is saying and usher him back out the door. A few days weeks later boom goes a bomb people die and we wonder what we could have done to prevent this tradgedy.

Or a more likely scenario

Ricky and Lucy are in a car crash Lucy is gravely hurt and is unconscious the Drs want to give her meds to easy the pain and help fight infection, Ricky tries and tries to tell them that she is allergic to both morphine and penisilin but since the Drs and there staff are not allowed to speak Spanish Lucy dies from the drug interactions. Ricky is heartbroken and sues the hospital for wrongful death he wins due to having an amazing secretly bilingual lawyer the hospital is forced to shut down and an entire community loses.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: GuidedKill

First of all,

Let's just be honest here. The American involvement in WW2 came FAR to late to mean a damn thing about which side your nations bread was buttered at the time. OUR lot did the hard work in that fight, which you can deny if you want to show yourself up as a total clod, but for no other reason.

Second you have just stated that you believe that no job should require a person to speak a language other than English, despite the fact that there are many jobs in ANY nation, which require multi-lingual capacity. This is a fundamentally flawed and stupid statement, no matter which way you slice it.

well without the MONEY and SUPPLIES I suspect Britain would be German speaking but thats off topic. No job EXCEPT one s where it is required should hire a Non native over a Temporary worker who speaks th e local language. We have to learn other countries languages why no t force them to learn ours?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
corporations who only care about profits will naturally hire illegals who will work for peanuts, that`s why corporations are scared to death of trump.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
"Bilingual required" is just a euphemism for "No Americans need apply."

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If you're so unemployable that a n illegal Mexican can take the job you're going for, it's time to reassess your life choices.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish
If you're so unemployable that a n illegal Mexican can take the job you're going for...

Only gub'mint employees talk like that.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If these immigrants are illegal aliens they should be "living in the shadow" because they are not documented, yet somehow get openly hired and paid.

So either they are legal/documented or the businesses are looking the other way for cheap labor.

End result is natural citizens are getting crowded out.

If they are legal, then this woman needs to suck it up and learn another language or move.

If they are illegal, then this is a vicious circle that is crowding out a legitimate workforce in lieu of criminal behavior and increased revenue.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
There are certain jobs where speaking another language is needed, but there are also jobs in places like factories where it has been required that one speak Spanish. Years ago before I became disabled, I myself asked a company (factory) why speaking Spanish was required for a job they had available. I was told it was because most of their employees first language was Spanish. I told them that it sent up a red flag for me that their employees might be illegal.

I just don't think that any citizen should be required to speak a foreign language in their own Country just to work in a factory. We have too many unemployed citizens desperate to provide for their families and are losing job opportunities that they are qualified for because they have to speak a foreign language.

Companies do not care about the illegals that they are taking advantage of. They do not care about their own Countrymen. They only care about making money.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish
If you're so unemployable that a n illegal Mexican can take the job you're going for, it's time to reassess your life choices.

so basically you are saying that if you aren`t a politician or a lawyer you are screwed?
because other than a politician,doctor or lawyer there isn`t a job in american that an illegal couldn`t be trained to do in a week or less for 10% of the pay.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join