It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Govt Just Legalized Operation Mockingbird - FBI Can Now Impersonate the Media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

According to a recent study conducted by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Response to Terrorism (START), which surveyed 364 officials from 175 law enforcement agencies, America's top perceived terrorist threat is an ideological subculture of extreme opposition to the government known as the sovereign citizens movement. The START survey found that 86 percent of respondents either agreed or strongly agreed that sovereign citizens present a serious terrorist threat, compared to 67 percent that said so of Islamic extremists.

vice news

They don't even hide their own citizens are deemed the biggest threat to national security. They just rebrand what they're implying.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
Thing are really, really, really bad right now. I don't think people realize how bad.(...)

And they never will, because they get their information from....

the media.

I know a fully capable adult with a career and a house who is completely convinced that aliens are living in a different "frequency" and will be making themselves known to our race soon- but the moment I hint that the TV might be bias, or the government might not be quite as honest as they claim, or that we use a faith based currency world wide (which is a well documented fact that happens to not be convenient for the media) they write me off as a whack-a-doo.

As you said- things are really, really, really bad right now. Almost nobody gets it, and maybe ten percent of the people who do are in a position to prepare for what's coming at all- and about one percent of that ten percent has the resources to do a good job of preparing.

The worst part is that no one can stop it- it'd take a movement of a hundred million or more just to get the ball rolling.
To make a difference, every single US citizen that pays income tax would have to put their foot down at once, and tell them that we're mad as hell, and we're not going to take it anymore.

Of course, if the polls are to be believed half of those idiots are willing to vote for clinton, and nearly the other half are willing to vote for trump. I figure only about six million people nation wide (less than two percent) are actually willing to do what it takes to stop what's coming.

Cheers and beers everyone, it's been nice knowing you- next step is mass internet censorship.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There is some pretty good discussion about this same topic on this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
i don`t see anything wrong with this i mean hell, the media has been impersonating the media for decades.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The DOJ wants in on it now though. Of course, they do. DOJ wants to control what the FBI may be looking into.

Even though they ruled the FBI did nothing wrong impersonating a journalist, the DOJ has added a little extra "oversight". They want to be included in approving any operation where an agent may be impersonating a journalist, reporter, or someone making a documentary.

hmmm.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
"What difference does it make now?" Considering that US government propaganda was legalized a while back. It will have to come down to the saying, "I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see." Or better yet, "none of what I see on video and less than half of what I see in reality."

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

The really sad part is, these days, would we even notice a difference? Most of the media is just spewing propaganda these days, anyway. How much of what we see now can we trust? How much is completely faked?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This thread needs a bump with all this "FAKE NEWS" melodrama going on.

BUMP!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Great thread, how could I have missed it!?

Years old and deserving of a bump.

S&F
edit on 19-12-2018 by kimish because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join