It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife of Keith Scott, Charlotte Shooting Victim, Filmed Fatal Encounter With Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
a reply to: JDeLattre89
a reply to: lightedhype

I think these videos here are pretty much all we've got and all we're gonna get:

Charlotte police chief: Shooting tape won't be released

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
Well she yelled once " He doesn't have a gun." However the police continue to yell "Drop the gun!" Then she switches to "Keith don't do it.Keith don't do it."

What I want to know is don't do what?

It appears (though not seen it from a source I'd consider reputable enough to post yet) he had a history of violent encounters and carrying firearms - including firing multiple shots at police who were trying to apprehend him in February 2005.

If that's true then perhaps his wife thought he was about to repeat the incident.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
"The lawyers said the cellphone video was shot by Rakeyia Scott, Mr. Scott’s wife on Tuesday afternoon. Mr. Scott had parked his truck in a visitor’s space in their apartment complex, where he often waited for one of his children to return home on a bus. The police were there to serve a warrant on someone else."

So Mr Scott belonged there and the police were there for someone else. Mr Scott ends up dead.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

Exactly!!! That is all I heard, HER telling him DONT YOU DO IT! Don't do what? If the cops are yelling drop the gun and she is saying Keith Dont Do It....Ummmm what does that sound like!?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
dum dum dum.... the plot thickens.

if there was a gun and would clear officers of any wrong doing, yea the video would have been released immediately. the fact that their video is not being released begs for more inquisition. i zoomed and rewatched the video... not a gun from what i could see.

'dont do it' could be a way of her telling her husband not to be belligerent or disregard the verbal warnings.. having a TBI, thats not an odd thing to say to, or her tone of voice was trying to reinforce him to listen.. but he didnt and died. she pleaded with them not to shoot, if this man had a gun and wanted to shoot at the police, he would not have waited to do so.

what was on the ground was not like a shape of a gun. secondly, and most importantly if it was a gun, it would have been illegal for him to open carry either way, because he is a convicted felon.

lastly, where was the threat posed to the police as they claim. the police were moving towards him as he moved away/toward car/near his car.

another one bites the dust.. literally...
they need to change the rules of engagement for LEO in order to avoid all this shamble, dont listen to orders of a LEO and get shot, posing a threat is optional...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
when Trump takes office and enforces the stop and frisk policy, imagine how many will be reluctant to comply because they are just walking and not breaking any law, or people naturally not wanting to be stopped and frisked simply for existing, does that mean non compliance = death also?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: xuenchen

You know what. It looked a little small to me before but now I'm thinking that's not a gun at all. Are those black gloves?

I think it is a glove. It appears that the officer reaches for gloves, drops one and continues to put one on his hand.

Edit: Notice the sound when it drops. That was not a firearm.
edit on 23-9-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Excellent observation. That's not a gun.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My interpretation of "Don't do it" is telling the cops not to shoot Her husband..And just because a cop say's "drop the gun",I hear "stop resisting",i.e typical cop speak to justify their actions.Just release the damn body cam/dash footage,and let the chips fall where they may..
edit on 23-9-2016 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Gun found with victim's fingerprints.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Agreed. All this will do is make it more dangerous for LEO tonight.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Thanks for the link. I don't think a lot of people are going to believe it (or "buy it" depending on your point of view). The 'ol planted throw away is a pretty common thing in movies and there was of course a recent video of a cop getting busted trying to plant evidence on a man he'd just shot that I'm sure is fresh in people's minds.

It doesn't sound like the videos the authorities have are going to shed any light on things either.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: xuenchen

You know what. It looked a little small to me before but now I'm thinking that's not a gun at all. Are those black gloves?

I think it is a glove. It appears that the officer reaches for gloves, drops one and continues to put one on his hand.

Edit: Notice the sound when it drops. That was not a firearm.

Yep, appears way too small to be a gun. Hence the reluctance of authorities to release their video.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
if you watch the black cop in white he is putting on gloves, but if watch the white cop in red shirt his left foot doesn't appear to move much if any at all.then at 1:51 you see him make a wide step with his right foot to the right foot and then pick up the glove, as he steps back wide with his right foot you can just see something at his left heel, if you continue to watch the gun is clear visible right where the still picture shows it in the other threads.

edit on 23-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

a reply to: thinline

She did yell, "he doesn't have a gun" once along with "he's not going to hurt you."

Here's a still from ABC News that purports to show the gun that was recovered at the scene:

not a gun, (black latex glove)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The taxpayers OWN the dashcam footage and the body cam footage. It should be released!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Btw a wonderful time release this on the weekend just in the middle of the riot

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I really don't know what to believe.

CHARLOTTE: GUN HAD HIS FINGERPRINTS

CNN quoted a source close to the investigation as saying that a loaded gun had been recovered at the scene of the crime and that fingerprints, DNA and blood on it matched Scott's.
www.yahoo.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join