It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monty Python's Terry Jones diagnosed with Dementia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Terry Jones is a genius , an actor , comedian , writer , film director and of course a Python , today comes sad news from Bafta Cymru that Terry has been diagnosed with a form of dementia.

"Terry has been diagnosed with primary progressive aphasia, a variant of frontotemporal dementia. "This illness affects his ability to communicate and he is no longer able to give interviews.
Terry is proud and honoured to be recognised in this way and is looking forward to the celebrations."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

So sad.

edit on 23-9-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Very sad news.

He has left a great comedy legacy though and probably had the greatest female comedy voice of all time.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy"

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Fish, fish, fish, fishy oh!
That went wherever I did go.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Oh, dear, aphasia is horrible! Nothing is worse than knowing what you mean to say and having something entirely else come out of your mouth. It's panic inducing.

Godspeed to him and I wish him the best through this.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

There is a story up on BBC News as well.

Too sad. They said he can no longer do interviews. Aphasia is probably the most frustrating of all the forms of dementia. We are social animals after all and losing the ability to communicate simple (or they were simple) tasks or ideas must be maddening. It reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where the guy wakes up one morning and nobody can understand him. The episode ends with him and a little girl going over a learn to read book and him starting the process of re-learning language. This is worse, the ability just goes away.

I hope he realizes how much he is loved and all of his character beloved by fans around the world. I am going to miss, "I don't like SPAM!" All the greats are slowly drifting away...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Man that's sad news!
Hope he can live with it with humor and the support he needs, as I can't begin to imagine what it must feel like being given such a diagnosis. Thanks for the laughs Terry!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Shocking news. On a par with learning that he'd died...which is the end game in this.

Someone once said, "Old age is a bitch. But it's better than the alternative."

I'm not sure.

top topics

join