It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No breaks for coughing fits or step-stools during debates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Give the Queen a crate to stand on sure!!!!

Trump and all his/that Height privilege!! How dare he?

Hey why not let her come in on invisible flying ropes so she can descend down on us like
the angel she is!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Another couch was sacrificed for her suit. Why does Hillary hate couches so much?

Maybe I've just gotten bad after watching too many seasons of Project Runway.
edit on 23-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Just for the record, yes they do use earpieces, translators, have advisors and staff with them, and have preplanned negotiation points which must be strictly followed (aka "notes") when negotiating with foreign leaders. That's especially true with massive deals like the 5,000+ page TPP, where there are simply too many sticking points to simply wing it off the top of the head. In fact, the only times when they don't have anyone else in the room with them, it's typically considered a "shady" backroom deal. And those still could involve note cards/preplanned points, earpieces, etc; we simply will never know because they don't release the details to the public.

As for the upcoming Trump/Hillary debates, I'm convinced that she'll do well enough to win. She held her own against Bernie, who's an infinitely better debater than Trump. Whether she appears taller or shorter onstage won't mean anything if Trump is doing his characteristic debate style of name calling, yelling over the moderator, and demonizing random groups of people. All she'll have to do is appear calm and collected and focus on the issues (and his lack of details concerning the issues) and she'll come out of the debate looking far more professional and "presidential".

Obviously there's virtually nothing she can say or do during the debates to win over Trump's base. But at this stage in the presidential race, it's all about winning over undecided voters. Her height and standing posture won't mean crap when she's contrasted against an opponent who is even more polarizing and grating than she is.

I think that's why threads like this want people to ignore the debate's substance while focusing on the trivial things that don't matter. It will allow them to claim a "victory" the first time Hillary coughs or looks away from a camera for an extended period of time, while ignoring when their candidate gets trounced on the policy details and in the debate exchanges.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is the biggest best soap opera of the millennium... cant wait for he debate

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Do you think Islamo-fascists wouldn't jump all over this [perceived] weakness...

How would they ever do so? When are Islamist ever going to be in close proximity to the President to do something like that?

Unlike Trump where all they have to do is remind people that people who have small hands are also small elsewhere, and watch him flip out proving his "manhood".

Also, I think it's more telling that someone would suggest doing that on national TV in order to take out Hillary, knowing that there would be viewers at home that would be effected.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Is Hillary going to have an earpiece when negotiating with foreign powers???

Yes, actually. She is.

Neogtiations aren't 1 on 1 because outside of a handful of countries power belongs to more than just one person. The role of heads of state negotiating is that they each find out what the other party wants. From there it goes to experts on negotiation and on the policies proposed, as well as the relevant people in government. That team puts together a treaty, which is submitted to both governments. If accepted, the head of state signs it, which is little more than a formality at that point.

The President has input in the process but they aren't the sole person negotiating. That's just not how it works.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Kinda funny the first possible female potus dresses like a man, or the dictator of North Korea, what's his name Cum sum Yun Guy!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

The commission is allowing for a custom-made podium, which will accommodate the difference in stature.

i bet the DNC, The presidential debate commission, or somebody gets a 5 million dollar bill for a custom-made podium for reimbursement from the The Clinton Foundation.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

oh, after looking at about a hundred pictures of hilllary....

www.google.com...

I see what you mean.... or wait a minute no, not really, I don't!!
she seems to be dressing in a variety of styles.

by the way....
I spent one summer at my grandmothers when I was young, the purpose given to me was so she could teach me how to sew. so, well, I picked out the fabric I like and "we" proceeded to sew me a pant suit from it. my grandmother liked her sewing machine too much to sit there and watch me abuse the poor thing for long and instead taught me to chrochet instead. but well, the style of that pantsuit was much like the style of those you are complaining about hillary wearing. good to know my grandmother had a bit of communist dictator in her!!

maybe she should just go to the debates dressed like this:

vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Did you wear fabric chosen from the upholstery section when you made it?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but have you been close enough to hillary to know that it's uphostery fabric? seems like it would be kind of hard to tell from pictures on the internet.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I'm sorry, but have you been close enough to hillary to know that it's uphostery fabric? seems like it would be kind of hard to tell from pictures on the internet.

So you were making pant suits like that, how long ago?

The sewing machine has been around for a long time.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

in the 70's, it was similar in style.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
the debate venue would be a perfect scene for an attack....

this Natural News link article says that Stuff will hit the Fan before the voters get to vote at the poll booths...

(maybe only the early ballots will get counted...)

link: www.naturalnews.com...

[...CLAIM: Historic event to occur in the next six days that will end the rise of Trump and seize the future of America for totalitarian globalists
Thursday, September 22, 2016
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger]

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

RE: www.celebrityhealthfitness.com...

What does a "custom-built podium that minimizes their height differences" look like? Will it have some kind of a mechanical lift attached? Hillary could use that to grow taller as the debate unfolds. After an hour, she could be intimidatingly tall, with her voice octaves deteriorating into that post-menopausal smoker sound. Trump could wither under her commanding presence! (Or start laughing and not be able to stop.)

edit on 9/25/2016 by carewemust because: ?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
How is this for a debate strategy? Let Hillary be Hillary. Let her talk and talk. Trump's team says that this is what his approach will be.

Story: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How is this for a debate strategy? Let Hillary be Hillary. Let her talk and talk. Trump's team says that this is what his approach will be.

it would have been a great tactic.
unfortunately trump dun goofed so many times in the months leading up to it, she can use trumps quotes about getting her killed, muslims, mexicans, walls, conspiracies to fill, she probably hired a comedian for her script.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You are wrong

People do not go completely limp because they have pneumonia...

-Chris

Hi. Just had to post to say, that it is you who is completely wrong on this one point.

I had pneumonia when I was 22. I fainted/passed out twice in the span of 15 minutes, going "completely limp". Or in my case, crumpling to the floor.
It happens. You have a fever, get overheated, maybe dehydrated, ears start ringing, and then vision becomes an ever-shrinking tunnel, and....bam...out like a light.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join