It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No breaks for coughing fits or step-stools during debates

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well, so far neither candidate will get any special demands or accommodations during the upcoming debate, at least.

If presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton slips into a coughing fit or any other medical crisis during Monday's high-stakes debate, she will have to power through, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned!

"There are no commercial breaks," a commission source explains. "Period."

Debate moderator Lester Holt does not have the authority to cut away from the stage during the epic 90-minute showdown. And microphone audio for either of the candidates is not to be manipulated.

The presidential debate commission settled an early flashpoint when Clinton demanded a step-stool at the podium to add height to her 5'4" frame. Campaign Chairman John Podesta expressed concern that Hillary would be dwarfed by 6'2" Trump. The request was quickly rejected. The commission is allowing for a custom-made podium, which will accommodate the difference in stature.

drudgereport.com...

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Obviously she is aware of the history between height and election success.

I wonder if she has requested special lighting to avoid trigger factors?
edit on 23-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Also I'm sure she's at home getting Botox injections. Also the dry wallers are spackling those wrinkles.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Maybe she'll get a glass eye to replace that wandering one.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
She might need some "self help" apparatus to get through the whole 90 minutes.

I'm sure she will be medically prepared.

I wonder if she will wear high heels?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Are there rules about ear pieces?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with the request for a step stool, but I am very interested in this debate. I am happy that they are claiming they will not manipulate audio or cut away from the debate. Election time is nearly upon us...

-Alee

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

She might do the debate from an Iron Lung.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I see nothing wrong with the request for a step stool, but I am very interested in this debate. I am happy that they are claiming they will not manipulate audio or cut away from the debate. Election time is nearly upon us...

-Alee

Actually her not having a step stool is probably a benefit for her. Someone would have to help her up and down off it, as well as standing behind her holding her up the whole 90 minutes. But I guess she could lean on the podium for support.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

She might do the debate from an Iron Lung.

Hey, if she sounds like Darth Vader doing that, I'm all in. Still won't vote her her though.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If I were Trump, I would try to cause HR(C) to have an episode of 'heat stroke' on stage.

I would say something to get everyone to make a loud noise.

I would wear a suite that has a pattern that could cause wooziness

Maybe make sure my watch is big enough that I could make the light reflect off of it

If She cannot handle stuff like that, she cannot handle being POTUS

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
They are fitting her for a new ear piece so she can be fed answers...

Hillary doesn't need to prepare...her team does....they need time for all eventualities....this research team will be real-time feeding her answers...

They should require hair be pushed over the ears...but that will never happen...

Her treachory knows no bounds and she will become president by hook or crook...just ask Bernie who sits in his lakefront mansion long removed from caring about the "working man" since the Clinton Dynasty bribed/threatened him off the campaign trail...

*****Edit:
sorry for the typos
iPad speech to text can't understand my accent
-Chris
edit on 23-9-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
My mom is 4'9" tall, so HRC should be happy with her height.

Anyhoo, this debate will be interesting because it will be answered by two people: One will be an experienced individual with no credibility and a completely bass-ackward approach to what proper federal-level governance really is, all while under thread of medical issues happening; the other will (sort of) look the part and speak relatively well, but will be lacking any substance, has zero governing experience, a terrible stance on military force abroad, and will constantly be telling us to "believe him" concerning his "amazing" plans that aren't plans and that he "knows" everything better than everyone else.

I kind of picture it as being like an opening skit on SNL, but sadly, it will have real ramifications concerning our future, and all I will have to do is stare in amazement and laugh, otherwise I'll most likely sink into a deep depression and have to go to Chelsea Clinton's apartment to get treatment.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Honestly, I hope Trump wins it with Hillary making it through.

If she actually does have a medical incident on stage, then her campaign is done and they will have to replace her. If that happens, it could end up being someone halfway competent.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Will they have special microphones for Trumps tiny hands?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Your first statement is true. Your second is wild conjecture that lights will cause one of her thousands of made up health problems to surface.

Asking for a step stool idn't unreasonable, but changing the podium wasn't unreasonable either. They will both have special debate coaches, wear clothing proven to be more appealing in various ways-- those things aren't regulated.
edit on 23-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

His hair adds several inches. Maybe he should be made to flatten it somehow.

edit on 23-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

easy to over come less shots of showing her side by side with Trump...split the screens...I'm sure some of the more liberal media will do just that...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Will they have special microphones for Trumps tiny hands?

LOL.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Your first statement is true. Your second is wild conjecture that lights will cause one of her thousands of made up health problems to surface.

Asking for a step stool idn't unreasonable, but changing the podium wasn't unreasonable either. They will both have special debate coaches, wear clothing proven to be more appealing in various ways-- those things aren't regulated.

You are wrong

People do not go completely limp because they have pneumonia...

Not to mention the secret service was not at all taken aback by this behavior...
This means they are used to seeing it...

Anyone not used to seeing this would have been utterly shocked...

-Chris

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Or special lighting for his orange skin?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join