It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Figuring it out... how much is our brain and how much is... something else.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I had the most profound experience trying a natural substance found in nature. It was very long and very intense. I had some experiences and saw something I at the timd only could call "entities".

Its been couple of years but it still ligers.

But what tingles me is that Im no longer sure how much is made up by our brain and how much is unfiltered data pouring in and lack interpretation.

If the latter is true, then it should be possible to access those entities again. But can it be done with awareness or is that in fact countrtproductive?

Those who seek never find, but can you affect the occurance in a way without ingesting?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

Supposedly so.

But what tingles me is that Im no longer sure how much is made up by our brain and how much is unfiltered data pouring in and lack interpretation.
It doesn't mean the doors have opened as much as they've been distorted.

In any case looking at things from a different perspective can't hurt.

edit on 9/23/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I recommend researching Holotropic Breathwork and researching the work of Stanislav Grof, he developed the breathwork and studied altered states of consciousness his entire career.

His is quite the pioneer!

Holotropic Breathwork

One thing worth noting is that you naturally produce the most potent of mind altering substances calle '___', this in and of itself indicates that we are meant to explore altered states.

We are meant to revere the sacredness such experiences elicit. They used to be called rites of passages and it was meant to check the ego, we live in a world that has banned such practices and it has resulted in the destruction of our external and internal environments... as above so below!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

You do not need any form of drug to perceive reality
Drugs can distort reality
Reality being all that is
Our reality is limited by the senses
Some things are off our radar so to speak

Yet there is another part of us, a natural part of us that can know what is termed as the unknowable
A gift all have ... it comes by way thought/ideas and is called insight, intuition, grace or whatever
Insight into the true nature of things requires no drugs
It requires one be prepared to receive/ an open mind

It is a big lie that drugs can somehow show you reality or the hidden things of life

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

As to your headline, the brain is a receiver, much like a computer. If you use your laptop totally without any help but your own fingers working the keys, then it will be limited in function. Connect that laptop to the internet and awaaay you go!

Be forewarned, however, everything lurks under the bed, the good, bad and the ugly. Which is why the typical, on its own, human mind seeks to avoid such domains as they are outside of the physical landscape upon which 99% of the human animal tends to operate.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

It is a big lie that drugs can somehow show you reality or the hidden things of life

I tend to disagree with this sentiment.

Our relationship with sacred plants has been responsible for the rapid evolution of our consciousness. In every society there has been a sacrament that was honored and utilized to bring about advances in thought and knowledge.

We are hardwired to produce the most potent of psychedelic compounds, so apparently what our ego considers reality based in the 5 senses, is not all there is.

In fact one could even say that this is the illusion.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

this!

natural drugs can be doors to very awesome stuff, even marry jane if taken with right intent and place!
it depends on the user and how stable the mind is and probably many other factors.

From few personal experiences i know there are a lot of mysteries shown on trips...if you combine them with meditation and pure awareness.
But i would only advise this approach if you are stable inside or at least without strong negative emotions or stress!

experimenting with substances can be very enlightening but in case of bad trips it can be... well bad...and every once in awhile bad trips can happen to anyone no matter the positivity or not... and when that happens don't give into fear but you should try to overcome or transform it, but this is way easier said than done.

what is most important is that you should realize that it will pass in a while, no matter what kind of sh!t you observe of feel...so don't freak out, that is the worst case scenario, in my opinion.

also i think that mushrooms should be taken at least once in life as normally, it is an amazing experience, with friends or alone in meditation!
And remember dosage is the key, start small...and go big after you know what you are dealing with!

edit on 1474629403916September169163016 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

also current public view is false in general due to propaganda, in my opinion as natural drugs are at its core a medicine!
don't believe me?
Take a look at some recent studies on Lysergic acid diethylamide or psilocybin mushrooms, maybe in few years they will prescribe them to patients with mental troubles like depression, fears or other mental stuff that can go wrong.

Or from what they have tested it so far even on cancer patient or others there have been good results...and patient say that their own view of pain is changed and can process it a lot easier after the trip...or for instance on the terminally ill patients who have fear of death, after the trip they realize that death is nothing to be afraid of and can process death a lot better.

ok...i will stop now, before i get someone saying about breaking the forum rules and sorry to go off topic abit, but there is just too much fear due to wrong views and much information available to not be just blindly ignorant about it...if anyone cares to learn than please do your own research by study or experience.

edit on 1474630691938September389383016 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

also i think that mushrooms should be taken at least once in life as normally, it is an amazing experience, with friends or alone in meditation! And remember dosage is the key, start small...and go big after you know what you are dealing with!

Hey, I sent you a pm. Thought I'd let you know as I think it's easy to miss when they notify you that you have a new message.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

You do not need any form of drug to perceive reality
Drugs can distort reality
Reality being all that is
Our reality is limited by the senses
Some things are off our radar so to speak

Yet there is another part of us, a natural part of us that can know what is termed as the unknowable
A gift all have ... it comes by way thought/ideas and is called insight, intuition, grace or whatever
Insight into the true nature of things requires no drugs
It requires one be prepared to receive/ an open mind

Edit: I misunderstood what you were saying.
edit on 23-9-2016 by ironicinori because: misunderstood

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Did you just ask if awareness is counterproductive when you can just use drugs to hallucinate?

Dave's not here man!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

so apparently what our ego considers reality based in the 5 senses, is not all there is.

I did speak of the 5 senses but also something beyond those

Our relationship with sacred plants has been responsible for the rapid evolution of our consciousness. In every society there has been a sacrament that was honored and utilized to bring about advances in thought and knowledge

All plants are sacred ...
Some sustain the body
Some have great healing properties
Some alter the way the brain works

What plant has ever been the cause for breakthroughs in Spirituality
That an undrugged mind is not capable of
What knowledge has a drugged mind been responsible for that an undrugged mind can not comprehend

We are hardwired to produce the most potent of psychedelic compounds, so apparently what our ego considers reality based in the 5 senses, is not all there is.

Again you do no require a drug to comprehend what is beyond the 5 senses

In fact one could even say that this is the illusion

Yes we live in an illusion in respect of we do not see the whole picture
Nor do drugs give you the whole picture

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't know if I can name things in here, if I don't, please forgive me and feel free to delete my post.

Ayahuasca. Dig it.

You can leave your physical body taking a cup or two. This "access" can also be achieved with meditation (Kundalini, dig it too.)

Ayahuasca is NOT a drug and it's not hallucinogen, since you don't "see" anything. You leave your body with your eyes closed and have feelings and thougts. Just like OOBE, NDE, etc...

So, yes, we're not limited to this physical world. There's so much more!
edit on 23/9/2016 by vinifalou because: bad spelling, sorry, portuguese

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
So do plants have a link to the other side or other worlds ?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

in my opinion this should be tested by personal experience and there are as many different experiences as there are people, so to each his own.
It is the same with meditation or other spiritual experience or phenomenon, as what our senses sense and how we interpreted is different.

Get 10 people to describe or draw the same tree and you will get 10 different trees.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
i can slightly answer that question. yes you can. but its torture for many and other things than just you seeing entities are at play. the reason you"saw" while ..you know..is the brain was causing your minds eye to be brought to memory access doorways. the electrical firings caused your imagination etc.. to see that. the question is, what are they?

ive seen people in my vision with eyes closed, i thought to one, it looked at me, walked over and looked at me like.."why dont you learn".

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I tried a lot of different drugs in my youth to explore altered states, long story short ended up with drug induced psychosis which was an experience in and of itself! Now I'm permanently taking drugs they call 'medicine' but that's a whole 'nother story.

If you want to take the safe route try meditation, there's a number of different techniques and I've had some extremely profound altered states especially using holo-sync or binaural beats. Also lucid dreaming and OBE/AP can get you to some wild places.

They say our bodies are 95% empty space but I'm willing to bet that 95% is actually spiritual/meta-physical energy. Same goes for rest of the universe the so-called 'dark matter' is more likely etheric energy.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Psilocybin and D. M. T. block serotonin-2, -1C, and -1A at minimal doses.
Take from that what you will.

edit on 27-9-2016 by Luuke123 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join