It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the Mayan's supposed 2012 prophecies are coming true after all...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have some personal insight on this. My cousin married a fellow who is half-Mexican, half-Mayan. He is pretty well-versed in their culture (or what is left of it) and history (and one heck of a smart and friendly guy to boot).

The 'prophesy' was overblown. The end of the Mayan long-count calendar occurred on December 21, 2012, in exact alignment with the galactic alignment. That was never prophesied to be doom for mankind. It was in many ways no different than New Year's Day at the turn of a millennium (as in 1/1/2000). There is, however, a sinister aspect to that event, rooted in Mayan mythology.

I will skip the deep math, but the Maya used cycles of 20 and 13 in their calendar, and that left over an approximately five-year period at the beginning of each long count that was technically not in any of the long count divisions. This period was said to be a time of great instability and change. We will be in this five year interval until sometime in 2017. After that, the world will be changed in some way and stability will return.

That's the gist of what he told me. I'm sure there will be some who can pull up the exact definitions and show where what I just said was not exact, but the idea remains... the Mayan prophesy date has not passed. It never was a date, it was a period of time beginning on a specific date. It was never the destruction of mankind, but a period of change and instability.

The world as we knew it started ending on 12-21-2012. We just haven't finished the ending yet. And the recent events of pure hatred and contempt for fellow humans is the best indicator I have seen or could imagine that things are about to get real changed real fast.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

in exact alignment with the galactic alignment.

Which galactic alignment would that be?

The world as we knew it started ending on 12-21-2012.
That would depend on the "we" you are talking about. There are many who would say it started ending on 1/20/2009.
edit on 9/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think the world started ending about 4.6 Billion BCE.

Give or take a few hundred thousand years.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well at least you aren't under delusions anymore. Now we get one of your delusionary threads where you marry your delusions about SJWs together with an old delusionary end of times prophecy. Truly remarkable work here. You should go be a fiction writer.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have always been under the impression that the 2012 prophecies dealt with
the end of an age,not of the world.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The Galactic Alignment was simply the time when the center of the sun crossed the imaginary center plane of the Milky Way. It holds no other significance, but is only mentioned because it happened at the exact time of the Mayan long count ending. Coincidence, maybe, or maybe not. It wouldn't be the first time an ancient civilization had knowledge unknown to Western culture.

That would depend on the "we" you are talking about. There are many who would say it started ending on 1/20/2009.

I am only repeating information given me by someone who is well-versed in the (their) culture and beliefs. Take it any way you wish.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The Galactic Alignment was simply the time when the center of the sun crossed the imaginary center plane of the Milky Way.

Your source:

Furthermore, since the Sun is half a degree wide, its solstice position takes 36 years to precess its full width. Jenkins himself noted that even given his determined location for the line of the galactic equator, its most precise convergence with the center of the Sun already occurred in 1998, and so asserts that, rather than 2012, the galactic alignment instead focuses on a multi-year period centered in 1998

en.wikipedia.org...

12/21/12 was a big nothing.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hahaha, OK Phage... forget I said 'center of.'

Can we get back on topic now?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Wait you were just proven wrong on a point and now you want to move the goal posts back to keep your point alive? How about being intellectually honest and admitting that your premise was faulty and thus you need to rebuild your conclusion instead? I mean your position seems to be based on this Galactic Alignment, and if Phage showed it to be a lot of nothing that means that the rest of your point is likely a lot of nothing. Logic 101 right there.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Can we get back on topic now?

I was on topic, as were you. Since, somehow, someone associated a "galactic alignment" with a "Mayan prophesy."

12/21/12 was a big nothing.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The Galactic Alignment was simply the time when the center of the sun crossed the imaginary center plane of the Milky Way.

CENTER... it's a POINT. A point has no dimensions and therefore cannot take up any angular width.

I was making a point about the actual Maya beliefs surrounding the end of the long count, and you are worried about the physical properties of a point in space? Really?

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join