It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatal Home Invasion Video Released

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The video your looking at was spliced together. It looks more dramatic than what actually happened.
The criminals kicked the door in and were wandering around downstairs for over a minute before the lady shows up.
It looks like she came downstairs to see what the noise was and clearly surprised them.
When she does appear the guy with the baseball cap points a gun at her and starts approaching her.
That's when she lifts up her gun and fires. It looks like the guy did not expect her to be armed.
Then two of the guys duck and run out. She takes off after them and almost runs into the guy running out of the side room.
He was just firing at a direction he thought the shots were coming from. If he had his crap together he had a clear shot at her for a few seconds, she practically runs into his barrel. She didn't even look in the direction of the side room to clear it. She was chasing after the first two guys.

Granted she might be brave but also very lucky.
The whole gun fight was over in less than 10 seconds.
To me it's a real good example of what not to do in a home invasion.
Being armed is great but not if your best John Wayne charge gets your killed.
Clear the room first.

All the videos from the different cameras are over on Live leak if you want to see them.

www.liveleak.com...

Not sure what the rules are for posting video from there so you'll have to dig it up if you want to see the whole thing.

As far as her having boxes of stuff around the news report said she runs a restaurant. A lot of mom and pop places get their supplies from Costco and then take it to the restaurant. Why pay for storage on something that will be used up in 3 days?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
People have to understand that there are different rules for self-defence inside vs outside you home.

If she believed they were a continuing threat to her, she can shoot. However, running away full tilt across the lawn don't indicate this. It's not a duck shoot!

The question will arise if the "defendant" could have withdrawn. Castle Doctrine doesn't require withdraw, so it varies from state to state.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
It is always good to see there is still justice in the world.

It is always good to see people take responsibility and exercise their right to self-defense.

This woman should vote Trump, because under Hillary her gun and her right to defend herself would be taken away.
edit on 24-9-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
LOL, the bitches run away like wimps the very second someone fires at them

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mash3d

yea all that maybe true... but, she did stand up to three armed thugs and did indeed kill one of the POS. i say chalk one up for armed citizens exercising their right to fight back.

plus even well trained citizens, troops, and cops can lose their training in the heat of the moment when adrenaline kicks in.
no one can say with complete certainty how they would react.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The house owner crossed the line when she began firing out the door at the fleeing suspects.

That is manslaughter all day long.

It is one thing to shoot someone who is inside your house.... to shoot them outside while they are attempting to flee is a whole different ballgame.

Very difficult to justify being in fear for your life from someone who is running away from you.
edit on R192016-09-24T14:19:17-05:00k199Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The one who died was the one that ran through a glass window...I imagine he died from deep lacerations than bullets (which clearly didn't hit him).

That said, she didn't kill anyone, but she sure gave them a surprise.

Just pity how the media makes a HUUUUGE story outta this.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think the most telling part of this story is she already made her mind how she would act. She didn't wait to see how dangerous the criminals were or what they might do.

She already made the decision if someone broke into her home, they were not their to ask for a cup of sugar. They were there to cause harm.

Good on her and I hope she is able to sleep at night. That is a frightening thing to live through.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I would rather go down fighting then let criminals win.

I am a retired EMT and have seen the damage criminal cause.

I am also a Ex federal security officer and vietnam veteran and would have no problems fitting a criminal for a body bag.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

edit on 25-9-2016 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

One of the cameras followed the woman as she was shooting. That could only happen if there was someone manning the video. What is wrong here? Didn't anyone see that? It's like it was obviously staged. Either that or the editor of the streams from multiple cameras did it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join