It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton’s Leading In Exactly The States She Needs To Win

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Right now, Clinton is over the line by exactly one state. As of this writing, that state — what we also call the tipping-point state — is New Hampshire. But a group of states are closely lumped together, and Pennsylvania, Colorado and Wisconsin have all taken their turn as the tipping-point state in recent weeks.

If she wins all those states and everything toward the blue end of the snake, Clinton would finish with 272 electoral votes, even assuming she loses the 2nd Congressional District of Maine. (Maine and Nebraska split their electoral votes by congressional district.) That’s two more than she needs to win the election.
Source

I think the article above presents an important development in the election. Clinton's lead is exactly one state. National polls are irrelevant in this election. It's all about the electoral college this time. It seems to me that it's within the margin of error to call this election a coin flip at the moment.

I believe a clear favorite will emerge after the debates. I'm not sure who it will be. What are your predictions?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Seriously? New Hampshire?

If it was Ohio or Pennsylvania, I'd be worried. But I'm not. HRC is bat poo cuckoo.

Her "I should be leading by 50 points" rant pretty much confirmed that for me today.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I predict that Trump will win. Of course I do because I support him, but I feel he will be able to connect better with debates.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think next week will be exciting, after the debate.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

She will likely lose the popular vote and win the vote that actually matters, just like dubyuh.

Do you really think your votes are actually counted?

They have to keep the results close to keep us from rioting.
edit on 22-9-2016 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I live in New Hampshire (regrettably). She's not getting me vote

edit on 22-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

This election cycle has nearly convinced me of the existence of irreconcilable differences between the two major ideologies and the spectrum in between. I cannot imagine a nation such as ours, with half being willing to vote for a man like Trump, ever overcoming our fundamental divide between modernity and old-world stagnation.

So I say that if ANY candidate promotes the idea of retroactively giving the south their Civil War victory and letting them secede, I will vote for them. I don't care who it is. Even if it's Trump. I'd rather have them as friendly neighbors who I can't identify with than as roommates who make my life miserable (and vice versa).

I never believed this until this election cycle.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

with half being willing to vote for a man like Trump

I'm just curious... you take no issue with the half that would vote for Hillary?

I'm also curious how those who live in the South (which I'm assuming you don't) make your life miserable.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Do you really think your votes are actually counted?

I think the votes are counted and tallied up.... but I can't say I'm convinced they are used to decide the election. I think they are counted so "they" can see what us peasants are up to... much in the same way that Google or Facebook likes to see what we are up to for marketing reasons.

Will the actual votes be tallied, reported and adhered to...? Anyone's guess but I'll say that I'm ..... uh... skeptical.

The same goes for all these polls, Polls, POLLS!!! Sometimes I wonder if the major networks and news outlets literally just make them up without even making a single call to a living, breathing voter.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I'm just curious... you take no issue with the half that would vote for Hillary?

Oh I do. Believe me, I do. But the people who are voting for her do not actively want to legislate against my best interests.

I'm also curious how those who live in the South (which I'm assuming you don't) make your life miserable.

By voting for politicians like Trump. Yes, he is a politician. And I fully acknowledge that my voting for non-Trump is participating in their misery, as well.

I'm an altruist. I think it would work best for everybody, not just "my side".

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If only she was leading in a mental and physical state, that woman gots some problems, maybe if she exercised lost some weight and smiled once she would feel better. And for the deflectors, yes yes yes I KNOW, TRUMP HAS A FAT ASS, CRAZY HAIR AND IS A RACIST.
edit on 22-9-2016 by beeyotch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Oh I do. Believe me, I do. But the people who are voting for her do not actively want to legislate against my best interests.

None of my business but I'll ask anyway.... What interests are the other people voting against?

I'm not sure how well your two sentiments that I quoted go together. Of course, not know what your interests are I couldn't really form an opinion on exactly how "altruistic" you are.

Note: I know that one can't necessarily ascertain the tone of another person based on written words but I assure you I'm not trolling you.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i use this, the financial times tend to get their results, annoyingly, accurate.
still to close in their view.
hanging chads again?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Seriously? New Hampshire?

If it was Ohio or Pennsylvania, I'd be worried. But I'm not. HRC is bat poo cuckoo.

Her "I should be leading by 50 points" rant pretty much confirmed that for me today.

I just read this in Archer's voice.
Awesome.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Clinton is NOT getting my vote!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

None of my business but I'll ask anyway.... What interests are the other people voting against?

I'm not sure how well your two sentiments that I quoted go together. Of course, not know what your interests are I couldn't really form an opinion on exactly how "altruistic" you are.

Note: I know that one can't necessarily ascertain the tone of another person based on written words but I assure you I'm not trolling you.

I appreciate your assurance of not trolling me.

But to answer your questions, Trump supporters largely want to repeal marriage equality. That's a biggie as I'm married to a woman. Trump supporters are largely supporters of so-called religious "freedom" acts. That's a biggie as it allows whoever to discriminate against me and my family. Trump supporters are largely in favor of several more things like this that either directly or indirectly affect my family and may even endanger our safety.

Even so, I am not voting for Clinton. But I understand why others are frightened enough to do so.

And when I say "altruism", I meant that as acknowledgment that the left legislates against the interests of people on the right, as well. Honestly, I'd be happiest if my state just seceded, hah!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Since no one I know, including people who travel all over the country, has seen a single sign, sticker, or piece of apparel supporting her, I can't imagine how they can claim she's "leading" anywhere. Not once, in a previous election, have I failed to see any support for a candidate.

More and more, too, I see videos, made by people who state they voted Democrat in the past, with people who are angry, and dead set on voting for Trump, and not for her. The only way she wins is by massive fraud.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Since no one I know, including people who travel all over the country, has seen a single sign, sticker, or piece of apparel supporting her, I can't imagine how they can claim she's "leading" anywhere. Not once, in a previous election, have I failed to see any support for a candidate.

More and more, too, I see videos, made by people who state they voted Democrat in the past, with people who are angry, and dead set on voting for Trump, and not for her. The only way she wins is by massive fraud.

And you don't think that has anything to do with where you live? I have yet to see a Trump sticker (though I've recently seen a couple of old Romney stickers on cars, oddly enough). I've only seen a handful of Clinton stickers, though.

It's the least amount of political stickers and signs I've ever seen before. Nobody seems happy with who they have to vote for. It sucks.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I haven't seen many stickers either in general, and I'm certainly not touting any swag for the candidate I'm voting for. Probably because I'm not particularly stoked on the options, because I really don't want to get into arguments with anyone about it, and I just hope that in 4 years we have some better options to choose from.

I was talking with someone today and since we live in a swing state we are voting differently than we would if we were in a less precarious position.

It's all gross. But yes just because you don't see signs or people aren't bragging about their choice of candidate does not mean the election is rigged if those people end up showing up at the polls.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I've seen plenty in NY. Trump stickers that is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join