It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Boris says BREXIT negotiations will start around early 2017...Lol.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Boris johnson says talks are 'likely' to begin in early 2017, however Ms May might be a little pissed about pronunciations from her ministers,

"However, Downing Street pointedly declined to back up Johnson’s contention. Theresa May has previously made clear her frustration with ministers expressing views on how a Brexit deal or process might look." Um Yah!
"the interview from New York, where he has been at the United Nations, Johnson said the government was “talking to our European friends and partners now in the expectation that by the early part of next year you will see an article 50 letter" European friends?

More,
"Open Britain, a pressure group formed from the remnants of the remain campaign during the EU referendum, expressed concern. Dominic Grieve, the Conservative MP and former attorney general, said: “The government needs to have a much clearer position by the time they trigger article 50, including whether they want Britain to keep the single market membership, which is so crucial to our economy."

“The process must not be unnecessarily rushed. It’s the quality of the agreement we get that matters, not the speed with which it is agreed. In complex negotiations, patience is a virtue.”
More,
Earlier on Thursday it emerged that one of Johnson’s junior ministers, Alan Duncan, said he did not believe the leading leave campaigner wanted the referendum to go his way. In comments filmed the day before the referendum and featured in the BBC2 documentary A Very British Coup? Duncan said his future boss was more motivated by personal ambition “I think it will be 52 remain and 48 leave"
That magic figure again...same as used by Farage back in May 2016 who would have wanted another referendum should that have been the case.

www.theguardian.com...

Great news Eh! what a load of tosh.

edit on 22-9-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
so the nhs has to wait longer for that promised £350 million a week, that the brexiters renaged the morning after, nice.
this promised democracy is working out so well.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
so the nhs has to wait longer for that promised £350 million a week, that the brexiters renaged the morning after, nice.

That was just a big lie, the UK was never a 1% of GDP contributer to the EU, pure and simple, nor was the £350million even a paid figure, and that the rebated figure in the timeline is calculated before a payment is made anyway.
So the proper figure should have been £248million and that, the treasury actually paid out £100million less per week, plus or minus the £350million figure.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I dont give a # about the 350 million

I just want to distance myself as far as possible from the lunatics in brussels and mad merkal.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I just want to distance myself as far as possible from the lunatics in brussels and mad merkal.

To be closer to the lunatics in London ?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Better our own domestic lunatics than foreign lunatics that care even less about the UK.

Hell I would rather have even Blair back than have even a ioto of influence from mad Merkal over my country and I despise Blair with every cell in my body and hope he dies from cancer.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Better our own domestic lunatics than foreign lunatics that care even less about the UK.

Sounds a little like a choice between a Trump and a Clinton ....

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
To enter negotiations, the UK needs to ask Europe what their opening gambit is, rather than the UK dragging "what they want". Those who want to see and understand the entirety of the UK's position before they even have their first meeting are buffoons of the first order.

I would like to see the UK being open and transparent about the talks. This would expose some of the EUs pettiness to their wider public.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Difference is they can vote their own lunatics out of office, yet have no say on the bureaucrats in Brussels.

Makes sense to me, (purely my opinion from here on out) I cant grasp why some people want a global govt, while complaining about their own current govt not listening to the people.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Im well past that point.....i can't understand why people want any form of government let alone one that has even more power than the current version......

There are far to many yes men and women out there ,,it is time to cut the voting masses off the government tit and see where that lands us...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Brexit is a victory for the conservative elites who control the UK. Having forced the referendum to produce their preferred outcome, they will now drag out the process and bring the nation to its knees.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

Oh, so negative. Is there any evidence that that will be the case? Clearly, the fact that the referendum showed a result to "leave" indicated that a plebiscite was necessary. The UK seems to be the only country with balls, because how many other nations would follow if their citizenry was given a choice?

That's what's scaring the EU leaders, the fact that there's so much discontent about the EU's agenda to federalise and force.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The Brexiteers were never in a position to make a promise in the first place......

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish
Brexit is a victory for the conservative elites who control the UK. Having forced the referendum to produce their preferred outcome, they will now drag out the process and bring the nation to its knees.

And yet....

Some how, some way, the great green isles have managed to survive and thrive for over 10 centuries without the EU overseeing their operations.

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the steadfast determination and drive of its hardy peoples, could it ??

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Some how, some way, the great green isles have managed to survive and thrive for over 10 centuries without the EU overseeing their operations.

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the steadfast determination and drive of its hardy peoples, could it ??

for most of those centuries we got invaded, raped, pillaged and conquered by numerous different races and nationalities.
hardly the steadfast type many like to make out.

the spanish armada would have taken us, but for the wind blowing the wrong way and, nazi germany were one air raid away from knocking our air defences out before they reverted to blitzing cities.

the difference now being our own politicians lied, screwed the country, and now rather actually trigger article 50, just create another department to discuss leaving.
wasnt one of the big things pushed the amount of bureaucrats in brussels pencil pushing?
well i know where gove and johnson can push their pencils.

remember that £350 million a week promise to the nhs? the one they ALL refused to admit h appened the morning a fter.
well when the tories finally get their wish to privatise the nhs to their friends, due to lack of funding no doubt, i hope your happy and tell your grandkids why you voted leave.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

for most of those centuries we got invaded, raped, pillaged and conquered by numerous different races and nationalities.

the spanish armada would have taken us, but for the wind blowing the wrong way and, nazi germany were one air raid away from knocking our air defences out before they reverted to blitzing cities.

And yet....

Here you still are.

I rest my case.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1

The Brexiteers were never in a position to make a promise in the first place......

That's exactly right, in fact the Brexiteers were never in a position to make a promise about anything at all.
Now we have a BREXIT government, of which many members were remainers, and still unable to make a promise about anything, while still to come the whole of parliament is bounden to debate BREXIT or remain, even though the vast majority of all MPs are of the 'remain' camp. That'll be fun, will we watch the hypocrites file past the TV cameras?
edit on 23-9-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The conservative elites who orchestrated the Brexit referendum didn't anticipate Cameron's resignation. They were hoping he'd stay so they could blame him for any problems with the Brexit.

Once he was gone they were forced to put May in charge. This means they now have a compliant puppet to carry out their commands, but it also means the Brexit faction will be held responsible for anything that goes wrong.

They've spent years telling everyone what 'should be done' without any accountability for the consequences. Now they're stuck in the hot seat.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
2017. Nope delayed to 2018.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well London is a bit closer to home is it not?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join