It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Reaffirms No Condom Stand.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
From correspondents in Vatican City
January 23, 2005

It says promoting the use of condoms to fight the spread of AIDS fosters what it sees as immoral and hedonistic lifestyles and behaviour that will only contribute to its spread.

The condom debate made the front pages of newspapers around the world this week after Father Juan Antonio Martinez Camino, secretary-general of the Spanish bishops conference, said they could have "a place in the global approach to tackling AIDS".

The next day, the conference effectively retracted his statement saying there had not been any change in the Church's position on the use of condoms.

Article
Vatican Home Page

So, Father Juan Antonio Martinez Camino' statement is retracted within hours by the Vatican.
Talk about hypocrisy. The Vatican are willing to let millions be potentially infected by HIV/AIDS.

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Why should we take advice on sex from the pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't!
George Bernard Shaw

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Whereas condoms are effective in stopping unwanted pregnancies, tests prove that viruses (including the HIV virus) can still be transmitted through the latex.

STDs are very tiny organisms, minuscule in size compared to sperm. These super-small viruses can get through a hole in a condom much more easily than sperm can. For example, HIV (the AIDS-causing virus) is so small that two million of the disease-causing agents could crowd on the period at the end of a sentence.

In 1993 the University of Texas analyzed the results of 11 different studies that had tracked the effectiveness of condoms to prevent transmission of the AIDS virus. The average condom failure rate in the 11 studies for preventing transmission of the AIDS virus was 31%.

One reason condoms fail in preventing the transfer of AIDS is that latex condoms have tiny intrinsic holes called "voids." Sperm is larger than the holes, but the AIDS virus is 50 times smaller than these tiny holes which makes it easy for the virus to pass through [Source: Dr. C. M. Roland, editor of Rubber Chemistry and Technology]. To give you an idea of how easy it would be for the virus to pass through these holes, just imagine a ping pong ball going through a basketball hoop.

www.prolife.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Better to use them than to not!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Gives a new and second meaning to what in high school we referred to as "Vatican Roulette!"

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Whereas condoms are effective in stopping unwanted pregnancies, tests prove that viruses (including the HIV virus) can still be transmitted through the latex.

Pisky, I can't stop wondering about the reliability of the source you are presenting.

Surf

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Actaully accordiong to the Catholic Church it is a sin to have pre-marital sex. And any form of birth control or STD protection would be encouragement to have sex.

Besdies It is true condoms to not prevent STDs. But it does prevent some

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If I remember correctly he retracted it last time he said this.. but I see he's gone back to his own 'genocide via disinformation' ways. If there were a heaven- it aint his destination.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I wonder what in the heck does the pope have an opinion on any sexual matters including protections when his "Mr. Happy" has never been happy in his life

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Condoms can prevent aids, but the holes in a condom are twice the size of the aids virus, so it can prevent, but not always. Also, vaginal sex isn't the best way to get aids, anal sex is. You could technically have sex with a woman and not get it from her if she had, condom or not. But it is still a better idea to wear one.

Also, did the Pope himself say this or did his bitches say this? I thought the pope died 5-6 years ago and his bitches just kept dragging his body around.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Pisky, I can't stop wondering about the reliability of the source you are presenting.

Originally I heard this from my mother who worked in the local hospital. Apparently its a recent discovery. If its right, you can guarantee there will be more made of it.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

www.condoms4life.org...

Claims that latex condoms allow HIV to pass through are unfounded. The pores of latex condoms are too small to allow HIV to pass through. Condoms have been shown to be effective barriers not only to HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, but also to herpes simplex, CMV, hepatitis B, chlamydia and gonorrhea.2

While condoms are not foolproof, they are highly effective in preventing HIV infection. According to the CDC, studies examining sexually active people at high risk for contracting HIV have found that “even with repeated sexual contact, 98-100% of those people who used latex condoms correctly and consistently did not become infected.

There is a deliberate misinformation campaign being waged by religious groups that says that condoms have microscopic holes through which virus and/or sperm can pass. I have heard this said by campus groups advocating sexual abstinence. Their cause seems to be related to their religious beliefs, but they use the "holes-in-condom" story because it gets them more attention.

hivinsite.ucsf.edu...

www.aegis.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Keep your stuff in your pants until you are married and you won't have to deal with getting AIDS/HIV or other sexually transmitted deseases hopefully.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well, down here in Texas we got condom stands all over the place. There's one within walking distance from my apartment.

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You'd think they were still using Christianity as a means to breed out the pagans and fill the ranks of the Holy Roman Empire for future wars.

Wait. Maybe they are.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
when his "Mr. Happy" has never been happy in his life

There is no way I would ever put my money on that statement being true! It wasn't originally a sin for a priests and popes to have sex.....that was a later addition.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
There is no way I would ever put my money on that statement being true! It wasn't originally a sin for a priests and popes to have sex.....that was a later addition.

Yeah, priests have been having sex with kids for years.

Seriously though, I think people have a hard time imagining the Pope gettin' his freak on.

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
You'd think they were still using Christianity as a means to breed out the pagans and fill the ranks of the Holy Roman Empire for future wars.

Wait. Maybe they are.

That is always what I thought. Parents of one religion teach their children to follow that same religion as they grow. The church knows that people are going to have sex regardless so why not 'fill the ranks' as you say.

new topics

top topics

join