It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsa Police Officer Charged With Manslaughter In Terrence Crutcher Death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: MysticPearl

I don't understand why more cops, if they are going to shoot, don't shoot to disable.

That is what tasers are for.

So even if this lady thought he was reaching into the car to grab a weapon, shoot him in the leg. He'd then fall on the ground, negating any chance to grab the weapon and he'd still be alive today.

A firearm is only to be used when the officer reasonably fears that their life is in danger.

He was tasered...didn't do anything.

I believe he was shot while being tased.

Am I incorrect?

I think that is correct...teaser wasn't affecting him.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Was he not complying?

According to the story no....

Stories are for bedtime and soap operas.

What is the truth?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I don't understand why more cops, if they are going to shoot, don't shoot to disable.

So even if this lady thought he was reaching into the car to grab a weapon, shoot him in the leg. He'd then fall on the ground, negating any chance to grab the weapon and he'd still be alive today.

A firearm is only to be used when the officer reasonably fears that their life is in danger.

Am I incorrect?

Ok. At what point during him be tased did he become a threat to their lives?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

You are prolly right. this was clearly a accidental shooting but the charge was made to avoid any riots or unrest. That will coem after her charge is dropped and or she gets off with restitution to the family.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This murder of the civilian motorist by police occurred on Sept 16th.. over 5 days ago. Why no riots in Tulsa, immediately afterward? Too few African Americans there?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Your usersame is an oxymoron.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

That's kind of been my hypothesis as well, although I don't know if it was as much a "flinch" as a conscious decision to fire because she thought that someone else was, as well.

Either way, from what I've seen in the video, this appears to be the right call.

Regardless, I think that controversial shootings without definite, clear justification should always at least go to a grand jury with all of the evidence to see if trial is warranted, otherwise we really only get the 'justice' provided by those privy to all the details, but also part-and-parcel to the law-enforcement system, which is a massive conflict of interest.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I dug up the analysis from Legal Insurrection.

They usually do a really good job of covering the legalities of incidents like this one. They are right now concluding that there simply isn't enough evidence to know for sure what went down exactly here because some critical pieces of the puzzle are missing.

The officer who fired was the first one on scene. She radioed for backup. It is thought her early interactions led her to suspect that the guy was high on PCP, but there are no records of those early interactions which would be useful. So she did have the longest interaction with him of any cop on the scene.

This link basically digs into when and why officers can use deadly force. This case isn't as cut and dried as it appears. If an officer has reason to suspect that the threat is imminent, they can use deadly force. The explanations are made using both Sandra Bland as an example of continuum of force and a training video of a shooting of an officer named Dinkheller who allowed a suspect to return to his vehicle where said suspect retrieved a shotgun and killed him as another example.

Both those examples are used to illustrate what police procedure should be, and then it explains that it isn't clear whether or not the procedure was followed here, not because it wasn't, but because we simply don't have enough information yet to know.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here is the Kyle Dinkheller video for anyone who wants to see why police officers don't want you walking back to your car.

This officer was killed after he gave this nut job all the time in the world to go back to his car and get an assault rifle. You can clearly see from the dash cam the officer didn't want to shoot the guy and probably couldn't tell what he was up to until it was too late. Simple traffic stop gone bad.

The video is chilling... so again, try to put yourself in the shoes of the officer and understand why they are twitchy when someone isn't complying.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This murder of the civilian motorist by police occurred on Sept 16th.. over 5 days ago. Why no riots in Tulsa, immediately afterward? Too few African Americans there?

No prolly because its a open carry state and if they rioted there would be alot more dead people.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Am I incorrect?

The police version now is that she shot him before he was tased. She claims she didn't hear her partner tell her that he had his taser ready.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Terence Crutcher, whose shooting by a police officer in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was captured on camera, had the drug known as PCP in his system during the incident, according to a toxicology report released Tuesday.
The case drew national attention after police released videos showing Crutcher walking on the road with his arms in the air before the shooting.

Tulsa police Officer Betty Shelby has pleaded not guilty to felony manslaughter in connection with the shooting.

www.cnn.com...

He is a twist. Will it matter based on the circumstance?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

So what you're saying is mentally ill are ok to shoot because they can't properly follow police commands? Police need better training and stop acting like they're the only profession that's dangerous. I walk on planks 30 feet in the air and wear stilts a few hours most work days. Sharp metal everywhere and lots of hazardous chemicals.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join