It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Settlement Reached for Nuclear Contamination in Colorado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Did a search, didn't see this posted.

Saw an infomercial about a settlement reached for people who were impacted.

I checked out wikpedia, and it says there were two nuclear weapons plant fires, in '57 and '69. I'm not familiar with Colorado history, this should be something everyone should know about, and the fact air, including the contaminants generally move east.

Property owners, including their heirs, can file a claim of property devaluation as long as the property was in their hands on June 7, 1989. That was the day after the FBI raided the plant to look for environmental crimes.

Denver Post

What about people who weren't property owners, and came into contact with plutonium?

This is a crime against humanity, it affected way more people than property owners, the plant is less than 20 miles from Denver. Ongoing nuclear pollution for years, I definitely didn't learn that in school.

It's no wonder thyroid cancer rates are sky-rocketing.

Anybody in the area have some information about this nuclear disaster, or should I say crime?
edit on 22-9-2016 by GodEmperor because: grammar

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Don't know about back then, theres been a more recent radiation storage dump fire in Nevada, threads on it right here.
All storage of radioactive waste is but a temporary fix for what to do with the stuff. Lots of 'stuff' is going to outlast its storage containment.

join